Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Size: 52mm|Change

Showing 1-10 of 155 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 168 reviews
on February 10, 2017
I've only used this filter a few times, but so far I love it. It definitely allows you to get a longer exposure in bright conditions. I've attached a picture that I took from my Nikon D3300 at 1/2 second Shutter Speed to show the difference between using the filter and not using the filter. I used a tripod for both pictures and used the same ISO, Aperture, and Shutter Speed. The picture speaks for itself.
review image
on April 1, 2017
This is a game changer! This is a MUST HAVE for those of us who use very low aperture lenses like my 85 F1.2. When you pay 18-2000 dollars for a lens you wanna use that monster all the time. Thats why you pay for it. In bright sunlight you are restricted because wide open, you are letting so much light in. Even at 1/8000 of a sec at F1.2 you are pretty much overexposed. This Filter is a game changer. The 0.6 ND filter is equal to 2 stops of light. I did several test in BRIGHT SUNLIGHT on my 85mm 1.2. I am able to be around 1/1250 to 1/2000 of a sec at F1.2 and be well under exposed and compensate for the picture! I can get faster on the shutter if i choose now. I can't tell you how much I love this filter. If you dont know your lenses or filters you need to study more photography. THANK YOU!
on July 3, 2014
This filter is a 2 stop filter. This means its dark but not so dark to change bright daylight into night.
Its ideal for shooting waterfall flow images, sunset/sunrise and portraits with dark background using external flash.
The good thing about 2-3 stops filters is, you can take pictures handheld most of the times.
The exposure is reduced by 2 stops, the shutter speed comes in the range of 1/100 to 1/50 of a sec, which for a stable hand shouldn't be a problem.
The filter has threads on it, hence can be used to mount more filters on it.

Highly recommended for nature lovers.
on May 12, 2016
For awhile I was wondering how some photographers and videographers were able to get Bokeh effects in their video and photos in outdoors and well lit environments. I found out their secrets were Neutral Density filters! Since I purchased this ND filter and used it for photos and videos, I am now addicted. The photos and videos still came out clear and colors were great! I will not hesitate to purchase more from this brand!
on December 11, 2013
Just wanted to throw some advice out there for those of you shooting video. I bought the .6 and .9 Tiffen 77mm filters. I just did a test on an FS-100 with a Rokinon 35mm prime video lens. First off, with my setup, two filters cannot be stacked. The image turns soft. I didn't expect this based on the other reviews I read before buying these. With just one filter attached (the .6 or .9) there is some mild to medium color shift (or WB change, I should say), but nothing that can't be tweaked in post. And, with just one of these filters attached, I picked up some slight ghosting from a bright light source - a computer monitor framed in the upper left third of the shot, reflected dimly in the lower right third of the shot. Not severe enough to ruin the footage (for me) but it's there. Your camera/lens combo may yield different results but at least as far as resolution is concerned, the camera I'm using is sharp, so I think it's safe to at least trust the no-stacking suggestion. Cheers.
on June 17, 2010
I bought this ND lens to try to capture the flowing techniques of water and wind. I had to play a little with the shutter speed to get the photos just right, but I had a lot of fun photographing a windy Iowa day. (See my photo under Customer photos here). While I think a .9 would be better for the wind shots, I am very pleased with the results of my first experiment. I can't wait to try it on water. A tripod is a must for these kinds of photos. I am also looking forward to experimenting with panning shots for background blur. The photos I took turned out sharp where needed (Tree trunks). I am very pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone looking for this type of lens. It worked great with my Canon Rebel XT digital SLR.
review image
on May 21, 2017
Arrived quickly. Worked as described. Very happy with my purchase.
on May 19, 2017
Top quality filter for the DJI X5S in bright light. I ordered the 0.9 and there is also a Tiffen filter case you can find on Amazon.
on March 11, 2015
First off this is not Multi coated glass. This is the best bang for your buck filter it will do everything you wont to do Now i will tell you right now you need to carry some type of liquid lens cleaner and lens cloth.In case you touch the glass it will leave your fingerprints on it. use a rocket blower first to blow off dust so you wont scratch it then spray it and polish it then use it .i have no regrets in buying this at all if you are on a budget and need a ND filter stop looking you have found it
on March 9, 2017
Once again ordered expecting a new filter and upon receipt have doubts that's the case. There's no cellophane over the filter holder indicating a new item. Plastic container is dirty and scratched. Filter appears fine, has dust on it.. but no more of these through Amazon.