Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 390 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 401 reviews
on September 18, 2017
It does what it's supposed to - it cuts three stops of light. The threads, although aluminum, are good, and screw in the easiest from all my filters (B+W, Hoya and Tiffen). It does add a cool cast to images, though, and one that I'm not at all pleased with. It's correctable, but not easily so - it cuts different channels in different amounts, and it can be a PITA to adjust in post, especially for video. It also flares quite a bit, despite being coated.
All in all, I prefer the cast of my B+W filter, which gives a warm tint (also difficult to correct, but much easier to live with).
on September 5, 2017
Your basic neutral density filter, this one designed to reduce light by three stops. Threads onto my lens fine. Color rendition seems to be pretty good, both in the camera and on the computer screen. I have found Tiffen filters to be a good choice for price vs. performance and this one does not disappoint.
on September 19, 2017
Works really good. I dont see much quality degradation or anything like that.

It works as its supposed to by reducing the light entering the camera. I currently use it with my sony a6500 while shooting videos and im really pleased.
on August 16, 2017
It feels like a solid piece of glass. I wasn't too worried based on reviews, but it works just as intended. I can drop the shutter speed back about 3 stops. You would probably want a darker filter if you're looking to go beyond that.
on June 15, 2017
Feels like quality glass when you're holding it. Screws on nice and doesn't feel cheap. I'm happy with it. I'll definitely buy from Tiffen again.
on March 4, 2017
Great!
on April 11, 2016
I thought it was going to be darker. The picture is deceiving but it does stop a lot of light. It does not feel like cheap plastic ones I've purchased in the past. Sorry but I'm way too lazy to post the pics I took with it.
on October 2, 2016
Filter was clearly a used item. The filter was dirty, had fingerprints and smudges, the lock ring that holds the glass in the ring was loose, the labels on the plastic case were worn. Though i was able to clean it for the mist part, I'm not particularly happy with the purchase.
on February 3, 2014
I use it nearly all the time - especially during exterior shoots. It allows me to use a wider aperture and also capture the details that would otherwise be lost in the highlights. And I can maintain a shallow depth of field. You can certainly spend more on an ND filter, but I'm not certain that you would be gaining much. I review my photo and video work on a 24" HP back lit monitor with 1920 x 1200 resolution, Nvidia Quadro 4000 video card and 12 core Xeon processor and see no color aberrations or other problems caused by the filter. The ND brings up the colors nicely, putting the blue back into the sky on a bright sunny day. This filter works well and the price is right.
on September 30, 2016
Haven't noticed any issues with image quality with the filter I got. The product build seems solid enough, and it was a lot cheaper than some other brands on Amazon.