Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on October 13, 2016
I use it with a canon rebel SL1 and it works great. it adds a little saturation to your pictures and help you removing or adding sun reflection on water which is really cool. I post edit all my pictures so this is a little add on while taking photography but I really like this product and it is very easy to use.

I would definitely recommend it if like me, you like shooting landscapes and sunsets.

If you found this helpful, please click yes :)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 30, 2016
I am an intermediate photographer in college taking photography classes, so I do not have a ton of money on me. I got these Tiffen polarizers, and I am very impressed with the quality of the filters. These were two images I took before and after the filter. I used the same settings on each photo: f/10, 1/80, ISO 400 taken on my Canon EOS Rebel T3i
review imagereview image
22 comments| 181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 7, 2017
I spent weeks looking for a polarizer to take with me on a trip up to the redwoods. I knew it'd be mostly dark in the forest with some flares of sun. I wanted something but I didn't want to break the bank so this is the filter I went with. I'm really happy with it.

It's not too dark, it's not too obvious, it just removes most of the glare and makes colors pop a little more.

There was still some glare if I shot straight at water or through a car window or something but for the most part I was thrilled with this polarizer.

It definitely helped and I'll be taking it wherever my wide angle lens goes.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 4, 2015
If you shoot photos outdoors, this filter needs to be attached to the end of your lens. The polarizer darkens blue skies (if the sky is light blue, you get deep, rich blue) and eleminates glare and reflection in glass and water. I use this filter primarily when taking pictures of cars. It removes any reflections in the paint of the car/ windows and exposes the sky at the same time. A definite must have. Keep in mind that this polarizer will make your image darker so if shooting in lower light be sure to use a tripod.
review image
22 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 1, 2014
I bought this recently for my Nikon D3200 and it fits perfectly. It is very easy to screw on and off (haven't encountered having to use pliers to take it off like some reviewers).

This is my first CPL filter i have owned, so I cannot compare it to more expensive filters. However, it is clear that a nicer CPL filter would exist in the world. I took some difficult photos of snowy mountains (Idaho sawtooths) yesterday and had a tough time aligning the dark polarizer onto the blue sky behind the mountains (see photo). However, when taking pictures of rivers/creeks the polarizer cuts through the whitewater and allows you to see the river rocks (see my before/after photos). Also, the green foliage beside the river 'pops' with the filter. Unfortunately, at time, the polarizer gives the photos an artificial look (as opposed to a more natural look). Like it's been touched up.

It is a great filter, i love it. But definitely amateur quality (perfect for my needs), if you want to take professional-quality photos then you will need something nicer.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 21, 2009
I have had many polarizers over the years. I have used filters such as this for over 25 years. I like the Tiffen as it is not too dark for most uses. I keep it on for almost every shot (unless it is night time or quite dark) to protect my lenses and for it's mild polarizing effect. (I take 1000s of images on a shoot, mostly landscape) Some other brands are too dark to do this. The dark ones many times look too polarized, and post processing has to take much of this out anyway. I do have a few of these and use them occasionally. I have found that an image that is properly balanced that does not need too much darkening or lightening post processing is much better, I have a Hoya but it is always falling apart (and way too dark). I have Heliopan 77mm Circular Polarizer Lens Filters and like the quality, but again they are too dark to keep on all the time. The Heliopan is the one I keep for special uses when I want more polarizing effects than I get with the Tiffen. The Tiffen polarizers I have had only were replaced when they became too scratched for use, broken from being dropped or run into things, or lost over board in my boat. As I said a couple of Hoya ones were replaced because they fell apart.
I use a Canon 5D with all high end L series lenses (most costing well over $1000.00) and have sold over 1300 framed GiClees ($300-$800 each). I feel that this filter does not compromise the quality of my images.
So in review. I don't want an unnatural appearance due to my filters. I do want the pleasing effects I can achieve with the Tiffen filter. I have never had a problem with any I had purchased, so recommend them to others. And I will continue to use them myself.
Albert Mach Fine Art
77 comments| 771 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 3, 2016
During the summer I almost always have a polarizer on most of my lenses. In Colorado the sunlight is super intense and this helps even things out. I have other Tiffen products and i think they are the correct intersection of value and quality. These aren't the cheapest filters, but neither are they junk or expensive either. This is a sound investment in your photography and you won't cry if you scratch, break or lose one.
on July 6, 2017
I've only had this 46mm filter for one day, but my first impression is that it's a bit underwhelming. For some odd reason, it comes packaged in an over-sized, plastic square box which does nothing to secure the product in place. I was disappointed to find that there were oily smudges on the glass and scattered bits of dust, giving it the appearance of a used product. Easily remedied with a microfiber cloth; however, the lack of quality control there comes across as unprofessional. For a product that's "Made in USA" it is also somewhat lacking in build quality. The adjustment ring feels rough when you turn it, as though you are twisting it over a layer of sand and you can actually hear it crackling at points. I expected that based on other reviews, I'd have a difficult time getting it on or off the front of the lens, but that hasn't been a problem at all. But perhaps that's because I have long slender fingers with good grip at the tips. As for its most important feature, I find the polarization just okay - it's a little weak with far less "pop" and saturation than I expected. I guess you get what you paid for, which I have no problem with. I'm a novice photographer so I don't need anything too crazy right now. So to be fair, I'll experiment with it for a few days before I consider returning it. At the very least, I could use it to protect my front element.
on August 22, 2016
As one of my Fav Photogs once stated: I use a UV filter on each of my lenses 100% if the time, and it’s almost always a Tiffen UV Protector because they’re uncoated and therefore easier to clean in a motel sink with soap and water without damaging them. Another advantage of using Tiffen filters for physical protection is that they’re internally laminated, so they remain in one piece instead of shattering into shards when they’re broken—kind of like the safety glass in your car’s windshield. I also use multicoated UV filters on certain lenses that have flare and ghosting issues. In the days of shooting film, and when I was using the Nikon D1H and D70 I employed an 81A filter to get the warmish color rendition I prefer—especially when shooting Fuji Velvia film. However the Nikon D200 and D40 and the Canons I use today have a warmer color balance so regular Tiffen UV Protector filters work great. - Ken Rockwell
on September 21, 2015
I have purchased two of the polarizers because they are so wonderful. The way my colors are saturated and how I can get rid of unwanted reflections just blows me away. That is more of a review of *all* polarizers though, so what makes the Tiffen good?

I have dropped a lens with one of the polarizers attached onto concrete. The polarizer has a tiny scratch now, but my lens was unharmed and is still usable.

The amount of give this polarizer has when adjusting the polarization angle is perfect. It's not so tight your fingers would get tired but stiff enough that you can leave it on for days without the angle changing.

This filter feels solid and screws in perfectly. Be careful not to screw it on too tight however, or it will be very hard to remove without a filter wrench.

See my unedited attached photos (50mm/1.8) to see how polarization increases saturation.
review imagereview image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.