Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 13, 2016
I use it with a canon rebel SL1 and it works great. it adds a little saturation to your pictures and help you removing or adding sun reflection on water which is really cool. I post edit all my pictures so this is a little add on while taking photography but I really like this product and it is very easy to use.

I would definitely recommend it if like me, you like shooting landscapes and sunsets.

If you found this helpful, please click yes :)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 227 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 30, 2016
I am an intermediate photographer in college taking photography classes, so I do not have a ton of money on me. I got these Tiffen polarizers, and I am very impressed with the quality of the filters. These were two images I took before and after the filter. I used the same settings on each photo: f/10, 1/80, ISO 400 taken on my Canon EOS Rebel T3i
review imagereview image
22 comments| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 7, 2017
I spent weeks looking for a polarizer to take with me on a trip up to the redwoods. I knew it'd be mostly dark in the forest with some flares of sun. I wanted something but I didn't want to break the bank so this is the filter I went with. I'm really happy with it.

It's not too dark, it's not too obvious, it just removes most of the glare and makes colors pop a little more.

There was still some glare if I shot straight at water or through a car window or something but for the most part I was thrilled with this polarizer.

It definitely helped and I'll be taking it wherever my wide angle lens goes.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on July 1, 2014
I bought this recently for my Nikon D3200 and it fits perfectly. It is very easy to screw on and off (haven't encountered having to use pliers to take it off like some reviewers).

This is my first CPL filter i have owned, so I cannot compare it to more expensive filters. However, it is clear that a nicer CPL filter would exist in the world. I took some difficult photos of snowy mountains (Idaho sawtooths) yesterday and had a tough time aligning the dark polarizer onto the blue sky behind the mountains (see photo). However, when taking pictures of rivers/creeks the polarizer cuts through the whitewater and allows you to see the river rocks (see my before/after photos). Also, the green foliage beside the river 'pops' with the filter. Unfortunately, at time, the polarizer gives the photos an artificial look (as opposed to a more natural look). Like it's been touched up.

It is a great filter, i love it. But definitely amateur quality (perfect for my needs), if you want to take professional-quality photos then you will need something nicer.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 3, 2016
During the summer I almost always have a polarizer on most of my lenses. In Colorado the sunlight is super intense and this helps even things out. I have other Tiffen products and i think they are the correct intersection of value and quality. These aren't the cheapest filters, but neither are they junk or expensive either. This is a sound investment in your photography and you won't cry if you scratch, break or lose one.
Top Contributor: Photographyon September 14, 2017
Great polarizer. I have a much more expensive polarizer for another lens but its a 55mm ring, and I needed one that would fit my nikon 24-70 at 77mm. I was hesitant because of the price, since in optics, cheaper typically means shortcut in the glass, and many peoiple will say its good enough when in fact they are not really looking at the things that matter.

I was very pleased with the final images from this. Using Nikon 24-70 with a d800, no visible optical degrading at 100% compared to images with no polarizer from same lens. I have used this on paid architectural gigs, and client was very pleased as well.

As many reviewers have stated, the threads on this are TIGHT. Im guessing this is the "shortcut" where the price reflects. Its somewhat frustrating to put on the first several times, but once you get a feel for it, its not horrible. Tiffen should really look at this because it cant be that hard to do a little better job on the threads..
on March 30, 2017
Just don't be in a hurry for it.
Ordered it a week before I was to go out of town. Hoping to use it on my trip
Thought that would be plenty of time. TOOK 2 WEEKS TO ARRIVE! (US)
I saw other reviews where people had to use pliers to remove it once attached?
Have to be careful not to cross-thread. Turn very carefully and make sure it's going on right.
Once it is threaded on correctly, the outer rim of the polarizer will simply rotate and spin.
When you gently rotate it, you will likely notice a change in glare or color
Works great for me.
NOTE: IT SHOULD SCREW ON TO LENS IN CLOCKWISE ROTATION. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
ONCE ATTACHED SIMPLY USE FINGERS TO LIGHTLY ROTATE IN CLOCKWISE POSITION.
HAVE HEARD COMPLAINTS OF IT FALLING OFF. IF SCREWED ON CORRECTLY, SHOULD NOT COME OFF.
ALSO HELPS TO ROTATE IT WHEN USING IT IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION. WILL PREVENT FROM ACCIDENTALLY
UNSCREWING IT. Is SUPPOSED to rotate and spin once attached. It's not made to tighten and be stationary so
overtightening doesn't help. Enjoy
on September 21, 2015
I have purchased two of the polarizers because they are so wonderful. The way my colors are saturated and how I can get rid of unwanted reflections just blows me away. That is more of a review of *all* polarizers though, so what makes the Tiffen good?

DURABILITY

I have dropped a lens with one of the polarizers attached onto concrete. The polarizer has a tiny scratch now, but my lens was unharmed and is still usable.

FEEL

The amount of give this polarizer has when adjusting the polarization angle is perfect. It's not so tight your fingers would get tired but stiff enough that you can leave it on for days without the angle changing.

CONSTRUCTION

This filter feels solid and screws in perfectly. Be careful not to screw it on too tight however, or it will be very hard to remove without a filter wrench.

See my unedited attached photos (50mm/1.8) to see how polarization increases saturation.
review imagereview image
Some guys actually prefer facing the world naked. Their lenses, I mean. Not me. I prefer to have a protective piece of glass on my lens. I know...maybe my shots aren't worthy, but I'd much rather spend $10 on an 'expendable' piece of glass as opposed to spending the down-payment on a car buying a new lens. Hey, the good ones aren't cheap. Maybe if you have a Sum-Yunk or the like, okay, no worries, then. But if you find yourself in the same zip-code as say, Alpa or Phase One, maybe some protection is worth it. And I don't mean your cousin, Vinny. This filter is great, and any of the major brands will do: you don't need to spend your children's inheritance on a filter. Lens paper? What, are you serious? In a pinch? Toilet paper and your breath will do nicely! Besides, you can't hardly buy ANY camera accessories these days without them shipping somebody's 'Magic-Fibre' lens cleaning cloth....
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The construction and quality of material used is very good and the two rotating rings used to establish the polarizing effect (and the angle that it applies from the ambient light reaching the lens) is as expected. I would rate this filter as "intermediate" as to the degree it filters out non-polarized light (which creates glare from reflections or creates less than deep blue skies). This effect comes with a combined plus/minus:

Plus: This intermediate polarization reduces the f-stop penalty, as all filters creates one, polarizing lens being without exception. Therefore you are more able to get the proper exposure for the aperture setting (depth of field) to your liking as to photo composition.

Minus: If looking to obtain really deep blue skies in photos in landscape or "seeing through" water or glass for your photo in well lit situations (say, midday on a sunny day), then this polarizing filter may not be for what what you want.

It is better suited for moderate or less strong ambient light situations when using a lens that already as a fairly strong f-stop penalty (as many variable focal length lenses have) to prevent the need to use a tripod (long shutter speed) when using the camera in aperture priority mode.