BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Tigana: Anniversary Edition
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 11, 2015
Truly epic. A frequent recommendation from friends who like immersive, sweeping fantasy. I'm in complete agreement. Not a quick or light read. This is for a night when you can sink into a chair with a cup of whatever you like and stay with the story world for a few hours. I'd just recommend not putting it down for too long between readings. It can be hard to recall where you are after that.
on January 12, 2015
I really like this book and have passed it on to friends and family - however of note is that the edition/cover shown on this product page is not accurate. The 25th edition is not being shipped when one orders from this page. Also of (greater, IMO) concern is that this newer edition has been known to have major printing/binding errors - whole sections were misaligned and cut off. Check your newly received (non-25th anniversary) edition carefully for obvious defects upon receipt. Hopefully Amazon will do a better job at culling these copies before shipping them out.
on March 4, 2017
Great story, trying to catch up on classic fantasy I've missed. Will be reading more from this author for sure.
on September 20, 2017
This book did nothing for me. I had high hopes after reading Under Heaven that I might have found another author I could binge read, alas no.
on April 16, 2017
The best book I've ever read.
on February 18, 2014
I couldn't recommend this book any more highly. It's a beautiful story with complex characters that you'll come to love, despise, respect, and really empathize with. You'll laugh, cry (or at least get watery eyed), get lost in the Palm, and feel your heart pound with excitement, pain, romance, fear, a strange mix of many more emotions, and yet more feelings you can't identify. Tigana is deeply moving and astonishingly powerful. Stories such as these can trigger things in us that transform us.
on October 7, 2015
I think this is one of the best books of the Fantasy genre that I have ever read. Great writing, many well developed characters in a story that is timeless, with just enough sorcery and magic to create a new world. Only problem is the type face or the type on this particular book has its type a bit blurry....and it is not my eyes, I promise. So I will order a hardback next time, or different edition.
on July 20, 2017
With this book alone, Guy Gavriel Kay became one of my favorite authors. I'm currently reading A Song for Arbonne and (incredibly) I like it even more.
on September 2, 2016
Guy Gavriel Kay is my favorite author in the fantasy genre, though his characters and worlds are so real to me that I don't like to classify them as fantasy. His books, in my opinion, defy classification. Tigana is a prime example of this.

Nothing is ever truly cut and dried in Mr. Kay's books. There are no "simple" happily ever afters. Life isn't like that, and so then why, in these wondrous worlds, should things be any different? No, there is love lost, as much as found. Good does triumph over evil, but oh, the scars; the price of redemption so steep.

No, I haven't "reviewed" this book, and I didn't intend to. A review gives too much of the story away, I think, and books by this author must be experienced. If you've read his books, you'll know what I mean. If you haven't, and wish to completely be immersed into another world, populated by incredible people who face the worst and best that could possibly be endured and overcome, then ANY of Guy Gavriel Kay's books are most highly recommended by me.
on March 12, 2017
One of the best fantasy books ever written. It's not without faults, but it will take you places, make you laugh and cry and dream.
It will stay with you long after you read it, and it will keep you up way, way past bedtime.