Top positive review
4 people found this helpful
Good, lightweight shoe for narrow feet
on September 6, 2016
I have been doing Kung Fu for about four years and overall I am pleased with these shoes. The carrying case is a nice extra. Make sure you read the sizing chart as I am a US Women's 7, but need a 5H. Here are the pros and cons, from my point of view:
* Great for narrow feet like mine
* They somewhat protect your feet but are unobtrusive enough for kicking, stance work, etc.
*They look nice
* The pivot points are a nice feature because in Kung Fu, you do a lot of pivoting between stances and in forms
* The soles wear out quickly if you train a lot. I usually go through two pairs of these a year, but it might be due to the thin carpeted floor in my school. My most recent pair lasted me about nine months. The other day, the left sole split after I was working on leg sweeps from a low stance. I wonder if wooden flooring is better for these types of shoes.
* The shoelaces on top aren't always easily tightened. I usually have to relace, tighten, and double knot the shoelaces after warmups.