Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Martial Art Shoes
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

Price:$34.86 - $50.91

on January 9, 2011
I usually buy Pine Tree brand shoes but wanted to try the Tiger Claw shoe based on mainly on price. I would like to offer a comparison between the two.
Pine Tree shoes are made of leather and have pivot points on both heel and ball of foot areas to facilitate rotational kicks. I have owened 2 pairs each of which have lasted 5 years or more each. I wear them for TaeKwonDo training as well as an outdoor summer shoe.
Tiger Claw shoe appears to be made of a synthetic material and had a strong plastic smell associated with them. The sole of the shoe has no pivot points and is more difficult to do rotational kicks with. I have recently purchased them so don't know how long they will last. The smell is less strong but still present. I wouldn't recommend them and will buy Pine Tree shoes from now on
33 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2010
I use these for Kung Fu training, kettlebell lifting and all around strength training. They are excellently designed for that purpose. They have little padding, so don't try to run a marathon in them. If you want minimalist shoes for strength training or need a pair of shoes for Kung Fu class, do yourself a favor and get a pair of these. If you want padded shoes with arch supports or other high tech nonsense, keep looking. These are Spartan, on purpose.
on February 2, 2013
I just saw the other review knocking these ones.

I wanted to say I've worn both Tiger Claws and Pine trees as well as the Kwon (Feiuye) shoes all to shreds.

These did the best of the 3.

I bought a pair of expensive New Balance sweat boxes and I'm very unhappy with them.

I'm thinking about going back to my Tiger Claws!

Jet Li is wearing Adidas now?

It's a rough call. These COULD use a bit of a higher quality rubber on the bottom.

I wore the sole out the bottom of all 3 types.

This is Atom...
My show is "Slacking on your Martial Arts"
on June 15, 2010
Shoe is exactly as I expected it to be. I do not concurr with other comments here concerning the grip of the shoe. I have had other brands of similar design and these shoes have the best grip of them all. The insoles are a little slim; nothing that a good aftermarket sport shoe replacement insole can't fix. I am very happy with the price of the product and the speed of delivery. I recommend this shoe to all martial artists who use shoes during training sessions.
on July 12, 2014
This shoe is fantastic! I even recommended it to a friend - she bought a pair and loves them also. Ladies - these are sold in men's size. I wear a women's 10. Bought this shoe in a 9. Would have done better in an 8.5 so I'd say go with a size 1.5 smaller that your normal, women's size, shoe.
on April 8, 2011
I ordered these only 2 1/2 months ago and though I use them 3 days a week, they have not lasted long. They are losing all grip on the top from only marginal rotational kicks (Northern Tai Mantis Kung Fu) per class.
on May 29, 2014
I have been a martial artist for 29 years and I usually prefer to go barefoot while training. When I do wear foot while training I want something light and durable, something like what I wear in the real world. These Tiger Claw shoes fit that bill nicely. The sole stands up to turning and twisting on the mats and carpet while training foot work and kicks, and the uppers hold up to kicking the bag or focus pads at full power.
on November 13, 2011
Now, I've taken kun fu type classes before, but didn't get these for that reason. I got these to use for a cosplay costume, and after walking in them for 10 hours a day, for almost three days, I can say that it was pretty nice. It's a thin shoe so its not going to be very soft, but they hold up really well for covering long distances indoors. Only thing I would like is them to come in half sizes, as I'm a 12 and 1/2, so had to get a 13. After about an hour, it wasn't a big deal, and I adjusted quickly. The size difference didn't leave any sores or blisters of any kind, and wasn't hard on my foot's joints. Nice quality, would diffidently get them again.
on May 23, 2015
The leather is nowhere near as soft and pliable as the black pair I already have, which is the main reason I wanted a pair in white. The other problem is big: whoever is the manufacturer has added 1/4 in height at the back of the shoe. I am small and wear a size six shoe which means that the back/side of the shoe hits the bone on my ankles when I try to wear the shoe. Impossible to wear like that as the bones get soar and raw quickly. Definitely not the same shoe! Every thing seems to be different, not just the color!
on December 26, 2015
Tight fit. Make sure you go larger. I am a woman's 10 and a men's size 8 was too small. I suggest for women to buy a size 2 1/5 sizes larger than what you will normally where. Allow extra time in case you have to exchange them. You are paying more for the bag but the shoes are nice soft leather quality and the bag allows for your water, wallet, and a small towel