Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 108 reviews
on December 25, 2016
This simple device works great. If it starts to lift off the ground I just flip it to the other side. I'm not very flexible yet so I've found it helps a lot if I loop a towel or some kind of fabric around the handle part as an extension. It lets me sit up straighter and be more comfortable so I can just sit and stretch for a longer period of time. I'll just stretch while I relax watching TV and focus on pulling a little harder during commercials.
on December 24, 2015
This is perfect for me! I wanted a machine to help me achieve more flexibility for my Taekwondo classes. I don't have much space at home for those chairs with the little wheel you turn to open up the leg-holding pads. I instead bought this model and it works like a charm! Very simple construction, so I don't foresee it breaking anytime soon. I also assembled the whole thing with the screws facing up, so that it does not scratch my wooden floor and it works! I just watch TV while using it and every now and then I pull the level closer to me to increase the stretching! After 2 weeks, I can already see good improvements! Great machine for the price! Easy to fold and store as well!
on December 25, 2016
This product arrived as described. No damage, whatsoever. There is some assembly required. A little bit wonky when you do it by yourself, but it's not a big deal. Product works as described. I did read some customer reviews about it lifting when you try to pull on it. While it is true in my case, I found out why it does that. The stretch hurts, and my hands tend to pull up. And that's when the whole thing lifts up. But if I pull down, it stays in place. So yeah, two things you need to do when using this. Deal with the pain, and pull down. I can't comment on the maximum weight, but I am 160 lbs and it's been working well for me. I bought this product because my middle split is the problem, and this helps a lot.

I would buy this again.
on April 6, 2017
I am an experienced martial artist who have been training since 1989 and I can proudly say this is one amazing piece of equipment. So simple yet so effective. As a teenager I always saw the more elaborate versions in karate magazines with the wheel in the middle and wanted one. I am also already very flexible with an almost perfect center split, I however would like a "Van Damme" split between two chairs, kinda split. This one is sheer genius in it's simplicity. The only thing wrong was with the shipping and packaging, where they sent it without the screws. I took a drive to the local hardware, got the screws, and I'm now good to go. I can't even deduct a star for the missing screws. I am impressed, amazed and satisfied.
on June 4, 2016
I'm not sure this helps much more than normal gravity stretching but I like that I have the handle to try to force myself a bit wider and can do it while sitting (instead of having your hips up to use gravity). My feet get a little uncomfortable on the holders after a while but I think it serves it's purpose. Since I can't afford one of the big machines you sit in and crank open, this does what it is meant to do. I still haven't been able to achieve more flexibility but I keep injuring myself, so I am unsure if this would help you in the long run.
We bought this "Leg Stretcher" for use at home before going to our twice weekly TeaKwonDo classes. Being in my mid 40s, I am not as flexible as my two teenagers and need extra stretching over what we get in class. While not as effective as the seat type stretchers, it is also a lot less expensive. Here are my observations:

Pros -
+ Easy to Setup; took just 5 minutes or so
+ Easy to Store; collapses for storage
+ Works Well; will give a good stretching of leg and groin muscles
+ Inexpensive; much less expensive than other options

Cons -
- Light weight; tends to lift if not used carefully
- Bolts Drag on Carpet; this is easily resolved by covering bolt heads with "Duct Tape"

Overall, I am very pleased with how well this stretcher works and consider it to be a fairly good value.

Recommended!

CFH
on November 30, 2014
I use this daily to stretch my inner thighs. I have not used any other machine like this, but have to say that it's working as long as you can tolerate it. It definitely is cost saving since most other ones that are decent will cost you over $200.

Pro: it works and it's cheap.

Cons: you have to pull and hold to achieve the stretch. The nut and bolt can/may scratch your wood floors. I'm using remnant of old carpet to protect the surface.
on October 26, 2015
Does exactly what it is supposed to, with no frills or extras. Save hundreds over the fancy machines and get this.

Despite some reviewers saying it scratches the floor, it will not do so if you install it correctly. The trick is to make sure the bolt/screws are installed facing UP instead of down. If you do that, the flat of the bolt is on the floor and doesn't scratch any more than the legs of your chairs or tables. Still, if you're paranoid, a little cloth and velcro can cover those screws up nicely and protect your floor.
on June 15, 2016
The Steel Leg stretcher has some advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages;
• Portable
• Reasonable priced
• Light
• Easy to store

Disadvantages:
• Light
• At times you don’t feel a strong stretch (as your ligaments adapt)
• User will eventually end up purchasing the Leg stretching machine.

Overall, I would recommend the Leg stretch for individuals who are on a budget.
on April 21, 2016
This leg stretcher is THE TRUTH! I'm not consistent w my stretching but when I do stretch I always make progress with this. I get the maximum amount of support from it. It's comfortable, easy to use and easy to store. Currently I am working on my splits for the fun of it and I'm way closer than I was a month ago thanks to this product. Definitely do other hip flexor stretches before using it to warm up because this does stretch your hipflexors like crazy. Good luck

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.