About the Product
- Play as or against Tiger Woods and 17 other PGA TOUR players including the newly added Chris DiMarco, Mike Weir, Ian Poulter, and Luke Donald
- New Shot Mechanics - For the first time, both analog sticks control each shot from tee to green
- All-New Rival Mode - See if you have what it takes to beat Jack Nicklaus in his heyday with a bag full of wooden clubs, or Tiger Woods with his modern-day equipment
- Call your shots - Back your challenges with wagers before any shot or round. Bigger odds are given to special accomplishments, so reap the largest rewards for nailing the toughest shots
- 14 beautifully detailed courses, including - Pebble Beach Golf Links, St Andrews, Reflection Bay, Doral Golf Resort, and more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- All-new Rival mode: Prove yourself as the greatest golfer of all time by taking on the legends in the prime of their careers--on their terms. Do you have what it takes to beat Jack Nicklaus in his heyday with a bag full of wooden clubs or Tiger Woods with his modern-day equipment?
- New shot mechanics: For the first time, both analog sticks control each shot from tee to green. The left analog stick controls your swing, and the right analog Shape Stick dictates ball trajectory and putt strength.
- Call your shots: Back your challenges with wagers before any shot or round. Bigger odds are given to special accomplishments, so reap the largest rewards for nailing the toughest shots.
- New courses and golfers: experience 15 beautifully detailed courses including Pebble Beach Golf Links, St Andrews, Reflection Bay, Doral Golf Resort, and more as you play as or against Tiger Woods and 16 other PGA Tour players, including the newly added Chris DiMarco, Mike Weir, Ian Poulter, and Luke Donald.
- New Gamebreaker Meter: build confidence to trigger Gamebreaker situations, and boost your power and accuracy by making great shots and posting low scores.
Top Customer Reviews
For example, when playing a tournament, on the final hole, the putting line will mysteriously disappear (this actually happens countless times throughout the game, but interestingly enough, I've noticed it appears most often when you're about to finish a round). Also, as you make your last putt, the announcers will often say "That's a tie atop the leaderboard!" or "That's for a share of the lead." when you've actually won the tournament. Announcements will also come late, for example, when you're putting and the announcer calls out that you're 170 yards from the hole. Top that off with the fact that their putting advice isn't just useless, it's often totally wrong.
The online version of this game is using EA's own front-end, as they have in the previous TW games. If you haven't experienced how bad it is, consider yourself lucky. Game drop-outs (which are tallied on your personal Xbox profile) are far more likely EA's fault then a sour player. EA even taunts us by directly telling us that the only way they're going to update their 4-question online FAQ is if we send them a question "wrapped in cash preferably twenties."
EA has never offered additional courses for download. There is no "download" menu item in the Xbox Live menu of this game, and I will personally fly to EA and buy every member of the TW06 team a copy of this over-priced, over-rated game, if they ever offer even a single course. It simply won't happen because they don't care.Read more ›
First, the characters you can play. By default you are Tiger Woods of course, but you can also play Vijay Singh, Mike Weir, Chris DiMarco, tons more, or create your own character from scratch. The creation screen is rather impressive, so you can really create a golfer that you can relate to. We had a ton of fun playing with the precise level of detail. Unibrow? Freckle density? It's all here.
You start out with six extremely detailed courses - but EA lists the following courses as the ones supported for this version of the game. I imagine that it means the rest of the courses will be able to be downloaded in the future. You can only fit so much information on one DVD! I've marked which ones come on the game DVD.
Carnoustie - INCLUDED
Pebble Beach - INCLUDED
Pinehurst #2 - INCLUDED
Red Rock Creek
Riviera - INCLUDED
Troon North - Pinnacle
TPC at Sawgrass - INCLUDED
Turnberry - INCLUDED
The game is definitely not an "arcade" easy style button masher. There's no swing-o-meter to hit the X button on. You have to really "swing" the joystick properly to hit your shot. I found this really natural to do, and my boyfriend, who is an avid golfer, was playing extremely well in only a few holes.Read more ›
Put's in every aspect of golf, such as wind, hieght, hill's and it really makes you think hard about what to do
This game has about 108 holes, and about 4 combinations for each so that means 432 combo's of holes, what more could you want?
Challenging, this game may look easy and carefree, but when your putting for an eagle on the 18th hole, its extremly tense, the XBOX 360 rumble system works incredibly well.
Unlike Madden 2006, this game barely freezes up and NEVER crashes, which is good if you just beat tiger woods (wouldn't want to not save after that)
Difficult at start, the learning curve is fast, but most people don't spend the time to get there charcter better and to learn the art of golf. unless you are persistent and patient, you will like this game, if not, go buy call of duty 2 or something, this game isn't for you.
Only 6 course's to play on makes the game a little odd, something EA needs to work on.
Overall. this game is great for beginner's and the type of game you would use to learn how to use the XBOX 360. if your an expert on the xbox, the amount of challenge in it will make you work till your thumbs bleed (or until you get carpial tunnel syndrome, did i spell that right?0
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Unbelievable the only thing that stop it from getting a 5☆☆☆☆☆it without the plastic wrap..lol. I would buy from this merchant again just unbelievable!Published 11 months ago by M. J. Bell
I already have Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06. It's not bad. I like the realism of the game like the course characteristics and Tiger's golf swing. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Carlo Sitoy
WARNING: I re-purchased this game to play the "Rivals Mode" where you travel back in time to play golf versus the legends during their time. Read morePublished 12 months ago by David
Not even a single scratch on the disc. Plays like it was just opened from the package.Published 21 months ago by Lucas Smith
It doesn't work via XBOX 360 like stated in the title. Great Christmas present for an XBOX 360, I think not!!Published on January 13, 2014 by Amy Watterson
Because the program didn't play the clubs that I picked. The program doesn't always play according to what I put in.
I still out play the programed pros.
nearly impossible to swing right and the game is so boring. what a mistake to get this game.
do yourself a favor and get hot shots golf 3! Read more