Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2010 3:35:50 PM PST
J. Ghazarian says:
Anyone got an email from them about the items being shipped? I ordered them on the 12th. Standard shipping.

Anyone's best guess for when they'll arrive?

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 7:51:37 AM PST
Did you ever get Mario game from Tigerdirect. I ordered a few for my kids, but have not received or heard anything back yet.

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 9:40:01 AM PST
I have had a bad experience with both Amazon and TigerDirect in this situation. I ordered the game on Amazon via TigerDirect. Shortly after, the order status showed up as "shipped" status and said it would arrive between December 16-21. Yesterday (the 21st) the game had not arrived. I called TigerDirect today and they told me the order never shipped and is on backorder. They have no estimate of when it will ship.

I'm disappointed that Amazon's system would tell me the order shipped when it had not. I'm disappointed with TigerDirect for selling this product when it did not have adequate inventory and for not notifying me of this problem so that I could get a refund. This close to Christmas, this kind of customer treatment is especially frustrating. It will make me think twice about ordering from Amazon and TigerDirect again.

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 12:51:02 PM PST
N. Kerley says:
Yeah I had the same problems too. I had the same delivery estimate and I have heard nothing from them.

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 1:03:18 PM PST
N. Kerley says:
Should I just now try to fight them for my money back?

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 1:43:29 PM PST
Try filing an A to Z claim; if you didn't get it within 3 days of the delivery frame, you can file a claim.

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 5:12:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2010 5:14:41 AM PST
Jason says:
But what can be done about Amazon letting this kind of practice occur? How can they say that it is "shipped" when it wasn't? And how can they allow fraudulent practices such as this to continue with no recourse through their own system? TigerDirect has ruined my daughter's Christmas and all I can hope to get is a refund and the knowledge that they will be running this same scam tomorrow as Amazon will clearly let them?

I am planning on filing a complaint w/ the BBB and the relevant government agencies in FL and IL (TigerDirect's HQ and main Shipping hub). I suggest that anyone else that got ripped off by them do the same.

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 9:29:59 AM PST
J. Ghazarian says:
HA! I just got off the phone with Tigerdirect AND Amazon. OK first I called TIGERDIRECT and the woman said something about my order being BACKORDER'd and me not knowing anything about this crap, ask nicely what that is and she started laughing and explaining it all rude. Then I asked why it said IN-STOCK when I ordered it if this is the case? and that plently of other retailers were selling IN actual STOCK at around the same time when they were. foolishly i picked tigerdirect. then i called amazon and they said the same thing just more nicer and sympathy. oh well still doesn't change the fact that an item i ordered on the 12th isn't here yet. this is why online shopping sucks, never again.

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 9:31:35 AM PST
J. Ghazarian says:
also even if we do get refunded, the game is now DOUBLE what we paid to get when TIGERDIRECT lied to us. I say we have to do something, we can't let them do this to us. this isn't fair.

Posted on Dec 24, 2010 12:12:23 PM PST
A. Spence says:
I'm pretty sure if I want my money back I can get it but what annoys me about this is that the game was made in limited quantities and while I try to work this out with TigerDirect and Amazon this becomes more and more difficult to purchase. Also, they have no business saying the product has shipped when it hasn't...

Posted on Dec 24, 2010 1:08:13 PM PST
N. Kerley says:
Yeah i already filed by claim to get my money back. Luckily I found a copy somewhere else for less than $50. Tigerdirect needs to contact people instead of us having to call them to find out the bad news.

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 3:28:10 AM PST
J. Ghazarian says:
But didn't they say they are going to get another shipment of it to send out to people?

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 3:29:09 AM PST
J. Ghazarian says:
Just to be more specific, they said it's in backorder and a shipment will come and we will receive our game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2010 9:13:30 AM PST
I have bought a couple of things years with Tiger Direct and I had run in with their merchandise. So I will not order anything from Tiger Direct even Amazon is selling it for them. They are BAD news! Best guess when it arrives is NEVER!

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 5:24:18 PM PST
M Lewis says:
I've never had a problem with tigerdirect but I always order everything directly from them. I love Amazon but adding in a middle-man is just asking for trouble.

Posted on Dec 28, 2010 7:42:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2010 7:44:12 AM PST
rwheindl says:
Same problem here ordering Super Mario All Stars Wii from TigerDirect through Amazon. Marked shipped on Amazon and have no product. Got an email from TigerDirect saying they are trying to determine who was on the "priority list" - whatever that is... they didn't say anything about a priority list when I ordered the product. What they heck are they trying to pull? Still waiting to see what comes from this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 3:40:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2010 7:49:08 PM PST
Chai Latte says:
Exact same thing happened to me, ordered several copies for gifts. Ordered on Dec 12th, amazon indicated would arrive Dec 16-21. Amazon marked it as shipped Dec 12 or 13. Finally Dec 26th, I checked status with TigerDirect, told backordered and they will let me know once she contacts the manufacturer. Have not heard back from her again. I'm concerned that the order may not ship even when back in stock, as Amazon has marked it as shipped. Clearly there is a breakdown in the system somewhere. Quantity in stock per Amazon was exactly 3 when I placed my order. I know because I initially wanted 4 copies. This is super lame.

****UPDATE Dec 30, 2010****

Not looking good. Its a limited edition so from what I've read, there will not be a re-stocking. Below is a summary of email communications I have had with Tigerdirect (names ommitted). They basically cancelled my order on Dec 28th without notifying me. They also indicated that I was the one who cancelled the order... So one question running through my mind is at the point when they realized there was a shortage of supply versus orders, how did they determine which orders to fill first? What is the priority list they mention? Shouldn't they be like Santa and know who is on the list and who is not? Should be first ordered, first fulfilled. Did they fill direct orders with Tigerdirect before they filled Amazon orders? People were counting on these deliveries in time for Christmas. Google their recent LG TV debacle. Completely mishandled the Mario All-Star situation also. Gross negligent errors: accept orders AND charge credit cards for inventory not in stock, email a confirmation of shipment with expected delivery dates, unable to timely answer inquiry re: order status, cancel order 16 days later, fail to communicate order was cancelled. Any ONE of those errors would be reason to NEVER buy from them again.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 1:36 PM, TigerDirect - Amazon Marketplace wrote:

We apologize for any inconvenience if we decided to cancel your order on 12/28/2010 without prior notice. Due to the number of orders placed for this item against the number of stocks we have, we were unable to determine if your purchase was included in the processing priority list. This is the reason why we have not cancelled your purchase until we are able to confirm that we are unable to fill your order within the specified timeframe provided by Amazon.com. Your refund will be posted back to your original payment method in 3-5 business days from the time that the order was cancelled. We thank you for your time and patience.

Amazon Orders Customer Care
TigerDirect.com
-----Original Message----- (SERIOUS?? I DID NO SUCH THING)

I didn't cancel the order.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 1:39 AM, TigerDirect - Amazon Marketplace wrote:

> Dear Valued Customer,
>
> Thank you for your recent E-mail.
>
> Your order has been canceled per your request.
>
> Amazon Orders Customer Care
> TigerDirect.com
> -----Original Message----- (I EMAILED AGAIN AFTER NOT HEARING BACK WITHIN 48 HOURS)

> Status?
>
> On Dec 25, 2010, at 1:08 PM, TigerDirect - Amazon Marketplace wrote:
>
> > Dear Valued Customer,
> >
> > Thank you for your email. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
> >
> > Unfortunately our records indicate that this item is on backorder
> > and currently we do not have the ETA of this item. I have sent an email requesting for the ETA of this item.
> >
> > Kindly allow us 24 to 48 hours to give you an update on when is the
> > item going to be available. You can chose to wait for the item or you may also contact one of
> > our sales representatives at 1.800.800.8300 for further assistance
> > finding a comparable item.
> >
> > Amazon Orders Customer Care
> > TigerDirect.com

> > -----Original Message----- (MY ORIGINAL INQUIRY)

> > What date shipped? Method shipped? Tracking info? Amazon shows I
> > should have received. I have NOT received the order. Please advise.
> > Thanks.

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 3:07:48 PM PST
Primogen says:
Same issue, tiger just told me after repeatedly asking them what was going on that the order was canceled a while ago. They never told anyone about it, I am sure they canceled most of their orders because they never actually had this game in stock to begin with. Apparently when they tell them they have shipped they said it meant "drop shipped", which means it will ship whenever they get it in stock from some 3rd party. Of course this being a limited edition and is no longer in print, they will never get this item back in. Next step should be making sure you get your money BACK.

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 8:55:11 PM PST
fbramos says:
HAH! ordered an ssd from tigerdirect December 25th 2-day shipping, when ordered it was on stock, after ordering it went to drop ship then to backorder, it was supposed to be a new year's gift for a friend that was going overseas, err, already went overseas this morning, so i dont need it anymore but i can't even cancel the order. Tigerdirect will never get a penny out of me even if they sell their 1TB ssd's for $50, well i might if it really went that low, LOL! but seriously, TD is a joke, never again!

Posted on May 8, 2014 12:14:38 AM PDT
SM says:
Same problem with TD. Tons of stuff ordered, paid, shipped, charged (even opened up a card with their credit account, the charge is made and reflects on balance...) BUT THE item never arrives. This time they gave me a tracking number that is 8 numbers long and begins 7070... and states it is "UPS" .... BUT UPS SAYS THERE IS NO POSSIBLE similarity in sequence to their TRACKING NUMBERS and tiger customer service chat twice tells me basically thats the tracking number deal with it. I know it is not with this specific mario game, it was furniture, but I googled my problem and found your venting board.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2010
Latest post:  May 8, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about