Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on August 27, 2010
After doing loads of research online, by readding reveiws from other Mom's, I found this jogger to be a great choice. I purchsed this double jogger in 2006 after finding out I was pregnant with my 2nd child. My kids are only 14 months apart and I love to take them for walks. I had my daughter riding in it at only 1 month old, the safety straps for infants adjust easily and the backs recline & adjust seperatly. So my toddler could sit up like a Big Boy while my 1 month old could lay back and nap on our walks. My kids are now 4 & 5 and I still use it when we go to the Zoo, boardwalk, amusement parks, etc. It is very light, sturdy, folds up easily and the wheels are easily removed when needed to transport it. The only thing I wish is that the front wheel pivoted. When the children were younger & lighter it was no problem to lift the front tire to make tight turns, now that they are older and weight alot more it is harder to tilt it back to lift the front wheel up to make those tight turns. Also the black foam on the removeable safety bar had to be cut off after my toddler found it a great teething aid. I still used the bar without the foam covering and it worked great.
on July 4, 2005
I have a toddler and newborn, and walk a lot, so I wanted to get a double jogger stroller that would handle the bumps on my neighborhood sidewalks and also other treks.

Pros:

*Nice and high - perfect for tall people like my husband and me

*Seats are straight - with the Expedition stroller, the seats tilt inward and are really weird - my daughter was NOT a fan when we tested it out at the store

*Good protection in front/harness is good

*Lots of storage space in baskets, and lots of little pockets on canopy

Cons:

*Not a swiveling stroller! This is my BIGGEST beef with the stroller, and, frankly, with the selection at Babies R Us. I've seen double joggers that swivel on other websites (Schwinn makes a great one), but since I was buying this with gift cards, I was limited to the TWO that Babies R Us carries. A single stroller that doesn't swivel is one thing, but when you double the weight it makes steering even more difficult! I had my daughter and niece in it, and together they weigh about 80lbs, and it wasn't much fun to pop the front wheel up in order to turn! I guess if you're walking mostly straightaways that isn't much of a problem, but it's really very annoying. Almost to the point where I have considered returning it...but again, there's the issue of this being the best I can get off of the BRU website.

*Seat Height - my daugther is only 2.5, and although she's tall for her age, her head hits the canopy when it's down!

*The seat is open at the back when reclined - I read other reviews that mentioned this and didn't realize how bad it was until I saw it for myself. A child really can, pretty easily, climb out the back of the stroller. And it doesn't take them very long to figure out that it's really fun to flip over and stick their heads out the back.

If I had to do it over again, and didn't have to use gift cards for this purchase, I would definitely have gone with the Schwinn Safari double stroller. It's less expensive and a much easier stroller to maneuver (I tried out my friend's so I know this first-hand).

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.