Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 58 reviews
on September 3, 2013
I purchased three types of travel socks from here on Amazon.

_Sock_____Price/Pair___Dry_Time__Appearance__Comfort__Made In___Material
*Tilley______$15.20_____7-12 hrs____***________***_______USA_____49% Polypropylene/46% Nylon/5% Spandex
_Magellan____$8.25_____8-16 hrs______*_________**_______USA_____52% Polypropylene/48% Nylon
_JB Exped____$6.25______5-8 hrs____***_________**______Canada___98% Polypropylene/2% Spandex

*- socks in this review.

Price is the price per pair, note the Magellan and JB Expedition come in two pairs. Price does not factor in shipping which varied more than I expected.
Dry Time was measured in a variety of circumstances/humidity. I did not try to minimize dry time with a hair dryer or using multiple towels with them.
Appearance and Comfort are fairly subjective.

These socks, Tilley Fast- Drying Travel Socks ($15.20/pair). These are my favorite. They are comfortable and look nice. They don't dry as fast as the JB Expedition socks and they are about twice as expensive. But they dry fast enough, look great, and are comfortable. Tilley Fast-Drying 'Travel' Socks - Mid-calf

The Magellan's Travel Socks (by FoxRiver) Comfort and Medical - 2 Pairs $16.50 ($8.25/pair). These are fairly comfortable, but took longer to dry than the others. Also they didn't look great. Kind of wrinkled like bacon near the top.Magellan's Non-Binding Travel Socks 2-Pack

JB Expedition Adventure Travel Quick Dry Socks 2 Pairs $12.50 ($6.25/pair). These are the fastest drying of the socks I reviewed. They look nice. In terms of comfort, be aware that these are very thin and can alter the fit of shoes if you typically wear thicker socks. They have the best price of the three reviewed.J.B. Expedition Adventure Travel Quick Dry Socks (2 Pairs)
on June 28, 2008
These socks were awesome for travel! They were comfortable during my trip to Italy where we did mostly walking and riding/standing on trains. These are easy to wash and dry quickly which is great for staying in hotels.
on December 31, 2012
I own several Tilley products, including one of their famous hats, and I generally love the brand. And their customer service is excellent. However, these socks are an exception to their otherwise excellent reputation, in my mind.

I bought this pair of socks early on in my quest for the perfect travel sock. I came across one other pair that I hated more. I sent those back immediately after the first wearing. They felt like I was wearing a plastic bag.

These socks weren't *that* bad. I wore them about 4 times, then threw them away when I discovered merino wool socks.

It's not fair to say I hated the Tilley socks. Had I never discovered merino wool, I would have used these socks and never known any better. Why to avoid these socks:

1. They are not especially comfortable. They feel like synthetic socks.
2. They only come in three colors.
3. They don't smell bad when you take them off, but they *feel* kind of icky after a long day.
4. They are thin. That can be good or bad, depending on your use.

By comparison, merino wool socks are *very* comfortable, they come in any color or pattern you can imagine, they practically never smell bad, and they come in thin or thick varieties, and ankle, mid-calf, or any other style you might want.

Several brands make merino wool socks. I have tried two brands, and have been extremely happy with both. Just do a search and choose a color/size/style you like, and I'm sure you'll be much happier. And the price range is roughly the same.
77 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2010
The objective of these socks ought to be to wash them at night and wear them the next morning. I tried this on a recent trip to Europe, and it doesn't work out that way. They're still a bit damp in the morning. So you can really only count on two day drying.
on March 30, 2010
I love the fact that these socks wash and dry so quickly. They're comfortable too and it's true...no holes after much wear. I already have a pair of navy ones and they're the only socks I've ever had with no holes. Thanks Tilley!
on November 15, 2011
I purchased 7 pairs of these nice socks to travel to Costa Rica knowing full well it was the rainy season and, obviously, quite humid. I intentionally purchased these socks as "quick drying" socks. After two days, I still needed to use a hair dryer to dry the socks and they still weren't dry. But, the socks are still nice and durable.

At the end of the day, the supplier was conscientious and provided a full and pleasant refund
on January 28, 2011
I bought three pairs of these sock for myself and three pairs for my wife right before our vacation to japan last year. They were shipped in record time and were exactly what we wanted. These socks are incredibly comfy and provide support all day long. At night, we washed them in the sink with a little shampoo and followed the other care instructions. By morning they were dry as a bone and ready to wear or pack in the bag. They are a great product!
on March 16, 2012
These socks are comfortable and appear to be made to last. They are thicker than typical silk socks, but not as thick as most cotton or wool socks. They wick moisture well enough to stay comfortable throughout a long day of walking. The only reason I did not give them 5 stars is that they do not dry overnight as advertised. If you wash them at night, the bottom part (as they hang on the line) will still be damp in the morning - so not ready to wear. They take about 12 hours to line dry completely. But if you take two pair, that will be all you'll need to pack for any duration trip - one pair on your feet, one drying back in the hotel room. Pretty good way help pack minimally. Definitely worth the price for frequent travelers.
on July 22, 2012
Good quality sock, no doubt. A bit snug in the calf, though. And I tried handwashing, rolling them in a towel, and hanging to dry, but it took a full night and day to dry. No overnight drying for these. If your travel includes staying in one place for couple of day or more, then this is fine. But don't count on hanging them out at night and wearing them in the morning. Not happening.
on February 25, 2017
Really does dry overnight! Nice sock. Good quality and comfortable. FYI A little thin - not sure how warm they would be in cold weather. 3 stars because of the high cost. Still looking for a travel sock that dries overnight, is good for cool (not freezing) weather and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.