Other Sellers on Amazon
Timber Drum Co. 7" Wood Block with Mallet — MADE IN U.S.A. — Creates Loud and Resonant Tone From Handcrafted Solid American Hardwood, Includes Rubber Feet, Medium (T4-M)
Enhance your purchase
- Constructed from solid hardwood for an authentic sound — the Timber Drum Co. wood block is constructed from a solid piece of real Tennessee hardwood to give it an organic, warm and woody sound that plastic blocks can never fully replicate
- Made in the U.S.A. — every Timber Drum Co. instrument is made from Tennessee hardwood that is hand-crafted by skilled experts in our Nashville, Tennessee workshop — features a hand-rubbed oil finish that darkens the look
- Medium size — this medium size wood block measures 7" long x 2.5" deep x 1.8" high and creates a pitch that fits in the middle between the large and small versions of this block
- Includes 1 hard polymer mallet and 4 rubber feet — an 8" mallet with hard polymer head is included to produce a sharp, knocking attack note with plenty of volume — 4 rubber feet are also included in the package and are applied by using their adhesive side
- Durable for long-lasting use — crafted from one solid piece of hardwood, this block is exceptionally durable and can withstand multiple uses from mallets and other percussion tools — for the best tone, play near the center and close to the edge
- Fits any musical situation — great for concert percussion, live musicals, school/community bands, live rocks bands, professional recordings or any other setting where you need an authentic, sharp wood block sound that can carry through other instruments
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
This is playing authentic
Why Timber Drum Co. wood blocks can never be replicated with plastic
You may be thinking, "I need a block that cuts with serious volume" or "my blocks are going to take a beating – should I just go with plastic?"
Our response probably won't surprise you, but it's the "why" that sets this block apart.
We know how to make a perfect percussion instrument. All design, material sourcing and manufacturing flows through us right here in Nashville, Tennessee, so we could have easily made a plastic block that does a great job at mimicking a natural wood sound.
But at Timber Drum Co., our reason for existing is obsessing over the last fraction of a percent that gives the instrument real character using natural, local materials.
For a wood block, our one-piece solid Tennessee hardwood design means the difference between a block that "does the job" and one that lifts the music with a genuine, organic and satisfying sound while feeling strong and looking elegant.
The best part? Our design is extraordinary durable and loud.
Forget about assembly lines
The deep, woody and sharp tones from the Timber Drum Co. wood block are the result of small batch construction by the hands of skilled woodworkers in our small shop located in Nashville, Tennessee.
We source local Tennessee hardwood to draw out a rich response that fills the room with gorgeous tone, and we include our hard poly mallet to ensure you get the best sound right out of the box.
Timber Drum Co. Wood Block tech specs
- 100% real Tennessee solid hardwood (NOT GLUED TOGETHER PIECES OF WOOD)
- Available in 3 sizes for different tones: small (high pitch), medium (mid-range) and large (low)
- Comes with one 8" hard poly mallet to get a cutting sound
- Exceptionally durable one-piece construction
- Includes four (4) rubber feet with safe adhesive backing
- Hand-rubbed oil finish brings out the wood grain
- Handmade in Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Play with orchestras, community bands, school bands, use as a metronome or to teach with – the options are endless
Get an authentic sound
We cut and hollow a single piece of solid Tennessee hardwood (NOT GLUED TOGETHER PIECES OF WOOD) in our shop to exact specifications that allow for the most resonant and projecting tone. Whether you're playing indoors or outside, with a trio or symphony, the sound easily cuts through other instruments.
Included is our hard poly mallet to get a sharp, knocking tone right away. This mallet provides a bright, full sound that can mix with any setting.
We use a hand-rubbed oil finish on the block to darken the look and bring out the striking natural wood grain.
Includes four rubber feet
You may play this block either by holding it in your hand or setting it on a flat surface like a percussion table or desk.
To ensure you always get the best possible tone however you play it, we include four rubber feet in the package that you can safely apply to the underside of the block when using on flat surfaces. This helps maintain the block's rich resonance.
These feet have an adhesive backing that you can easily stick to the wood. They are a great option if your are a percussionist playing a multitude of other instruments where you can't hold the block in your hand.
100% handmade and hand finished
At Timber Drum Co., we dedicate ourselves to making world-class instruments at home in the U.S.A. Our Nashville shop is made up of a team of skilled experts who look over every part of every instrument before it is shipped to you.
After completing inspection of the woodwork and sound, we sign every block by hand so you know the person's name who made it.
Our limited production runs yield the greatest results. While we always strive to keep up with demand, at times we may have to sacrifice increasing our supply so we can focus on upholding our quality.
Timber Drum Co. is a small workshop located in Nashville, Tennessee dedicated to crafting MADE IN U.S.A. instruments with locally sourced materials. The sound of these wood blocks is natural, warm and full of rich, knocking tone that can only come from hand-crafted wood materials. This is the real and authentic wood block sound that plastic blocks can only attempt to mimic. This block is built from one solid piece of American hardwood with a hand-rubbed oil finish that darkens the look while bringing out the natural wood grain. Our one-piece design projects a focused tone that cuts through other instruments with plenty of volume. It is also extremely durable. Multiple sizes are available, which allow you to create complex rhythms with changes in pitch, since the larger the block the lower the pitch. Add a Timber Drum Co. wood block to your personal collection of sound effects, and be ready when you need an authentic tone for your next performance or recording. For the best sound, play near the center and close to the edge. Includes one 8” hard polymer mallet and four rubber feet with adhesive backing that you can add to the block yourself if you choose. Made in Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Immediate after opening the woodblock and trying it out, there was just something not right about the sound. It sounded very thud-y compared to my other block. I thought maybe something had happened in shipping, maybe it got wet or cracked or something. However, I couldn't see any damage.
I was about to exchange it through Amazon, when I noticed the QC sticker, which had been placed on the bottom of the block. My medium block did not have this sticker placed here.
I carefully removed the QC stickers and tried it out. Sounds perfect now.
If I could get a message to the manufacturer, it would be to NOT put the stickers on the instruments! It changes the sound in a bad way.