Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 305 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 324 reviews
on December 23, 2014
I first want to say that I LOVED, I'll repeat, LOVED these boots. Unfortunately I've owned 2 pair in the last 4 years and have only gotten 1 year of use from each. The problem? The rubber tread. Each pair was worn down so badly that holes began to emerge, making the waterproof utility of the boot obsolete. The problem is that there is no barrier between the rubber tread and the insole...meaning if you step on a nail, etc. it would go through with absolutely no problem. Picture the material that makes a basic Halloween mask; that is the thin rubber that keeps your insole from the outside world.

That wouldn't be such a problem if A.) the treads were repairable by a cobbler or B.) if customer service was helpful. They are fantastic boots and look sharp when they aren't full of holes. Once the tread begins to wear you have no option but hope that Timberland will replace them (possibly due to defects) or trash them. I've been told by different cobblers that these types of tread are not repairable and to try to reach out to the manufacturer, in this case Timberland customer service. I spoke to 2 different people; the first person at the help desk almost made me laugh while the 2nd transferred me back to the main auto-attendant menu, only for me to get transferred all over again. The first lady at the help desk said that because the tread wore away the warranty would not be applied...leaving me in utter awe as that was the part of the shoe that had failed on me twice. I relayed what the cobblers had told me and she informed me that Timberland does not repair shoes. I tried to go the next step...as in what does everyone else do if they have shoes that neither cobblers nor Timberland can fix. Her answer was to throw them in the trash. That would be fine except for $150, or roughly $300 in 4 years, I shouldn't expect to completely throw away a pair of boots. I've owned Red Wings, Wolverines, etc., and granted those were work boots, but boots and the Timberland name should imply quality and longevity. At the very least a helpful recommendation on how I can get them back to their original self again.

I wish I could give these a great review as I truly loved the look, feel, and functionality of these boots in rain or snow. I've walked miles and miles with great comfort. But the tread just doesn't last...and I would give a 5 star review if it wasn't for 2 pairs doing the exact same in a short amount of time. I'll unfortunately be looking for the same style of boot from a different company that provides products that will last. Bad taste in my mouth regarding this model and Timberland in general.

*If the tread were more durable I would be a returning customer for life*
on September 30, 2011
I'll keep this simple:

1. These shoes are the most comfortable shoes I've had in years.
2. They are high-quality (If you use the front and back loops simultaneously while pulling on the boot, they won't break. It is also easier to get them on that way.)
3. Wear long socks when you wear these because there will be high-ankle rubbing because a.) you shouldn't wear short socks with these anyway, and b.) the elastic needs to be tight to insure a better fit.
4. They look rugged yet sleek--a very versatile look (not as shiny as the picture)
5. They have excellent gripping capablity. People need to know, no matter how deep a shoe's tread is, there will always be a slipping hazard on ice. These have great stability on gravel, pavement, snow, etc.

I hope this helps. Enjoy the boots, I highly recommend them.
on September 21, 2014
These are really wonderful boots. I wore them with a suit today and they looked great. I work in education and I'm on my feet all day. These Timberland boots really meet and exceed my expectations. The boots fit well and the leather is pliable to move with you and not stiff. I like the tabs on the front and back of the boots to pull them on and off. The soles are stiff enough that you don't feel every pebble when you are walking, but they are not so stiff that they feel too rigid. They are just right. When I have free time I also use these for walking. In average week I will walk another ten miles besides the walking at work. They are nice for all sorts of weather. The best part is if you get some dirt on them they wipe off easily. These are boots for a person who needs support and is moving all the time. I highly recommend them. The best part is they slip on an off in an instant.
on January 18, 2017
I have to have these boots. Bought by first pair and loved then so much I bought a 2nd. Good for dress, casual and winter, great traction and grip and comfortable. Breathable in the summer and good for short trips in the winter but not a winter snow boot to use outside at zero degrees. The only boot I have ever found that I can walk miles in every day and never have sore feet. They quit making these for two years and I wore out one pair ( I walk 4 miles a day in them). Glad to see they are back in limited release and bought two more pairs. Hope they never stop making this boot!
on February 21, 2014
I bought these familiar with Timberland's quality boots, and when they arrived I was surprised to find them so roomy. Size 12's usually run a little small on me but these were more like 12.5's, and roomy all around the foot. Didn't cause any problems with walking, but they could have fit my feet better. This may have been a byproduct of the ill fit, but these boots are also exceptionally warm. For a couple minutes during the day I would have to take them off just to cool my feet down.

I was also expecting them to be waterproof/resistant because they're boots, but this purchase was a reminder that those are words you need to look for specifically. A couple minutes of walking in a moderate rain will start to get your toes wet. The last time I wore these I was salting the driveway and sidewalk after a winter storm. I neglected to rinse the salt off inside or at least brush it off, and about a day later I noticed the characteristic chalky white waterline of dried snow melt. I washed it off, and noticed that the leather underneath said waterline was swollen up and, for want of a better word, poofy. I've never seen this type of damage from snow melt, and frankly I don't know if it can be repaired. But with everything else wrong, I'm probably just going to get a pair of something else.

If you want your boots to function anything like a boot normally does, don't get these. If you're looking for a fashion boot, you can do better than this.
on May 29, 2014
I like these boots a lot. They are comfortable, look great, versatile, and can be worn with many different looks.
I like them better than anything else I have tried but here's the thing:
The sizes of these boots vary, I am guessing depending on where they are made. I just got them in brown and black both size 13M. The brown ones (made in China) are true to size but are quite tight on the lower shin just as the first reviewer mentioned. The black ones (made in Vietnam) are larger but a lot more comfortable around the chin. I don't mind them being larger cause I like roomy shoes.

I think the bottom line is you have to keep returning them and re-ordering the same pair until you get one that is good for you! I did that with the black ones because the first black pair I received was definitely malformed and uncomfortable. These are great boots and if they were made precisely to Timberland's specs they would be perfect. Timberland needs some serious work on their quality control at their various manufacturing plants so they can give us what we expect, like the old days!
on April 11, 2013
I bought these to replace an almost identical looking pair of Timberlands that I have been wearing since 1999! I kid you not, I have probably worn my original pair at least twice a week for almost 15 years...including days on end on vacations...walking city streets all over the country and once in Europe. After nearly 15 years, parts of the sole started to peel off. Timberland doesn't make the same model any more, and these are as close as they offer. Unfortunately, as other reviews have mentioned, the opening at the top of the boot is smaller than on the previous model. Even after a breaking in period, the front of the opening continues to rub at the base of my shin. The previous pair were so comfortable that you couldn't tell you weren't in a pair of running shoes.

I'll continue to wear them in the hopes that the leather softens up enough that this problem goes away...but I'm betting these don't last 15 years. They just don't seem to be as of the same quality that Timberland used to crank out.
on October 16, 2013
I have to say that i am always skeptical buying footwear over the internet. I read the reviews (thanks to you all who provided it)and thanks to very accurate and feedback i bought the boots. Perfect fit which is my normal size as mentioned in other reviews. The boots are extremely comfortable too and the finish is great. They look better in reality than the screen believe me. The two finger grips are absolutely necessary top hold onto as the hole to get your foot in is rather tight (elasticated) so stretch. All the same a necessary and well designed feature.
They have rubbed on my ankle front and back so I am only wearing them half a working day at a time so I slowly soften the leather without causing too much discomfort to myself.
Buy them...you won't be disappointed. (remember I only received them 3 days ago!).
on December 26, 2013
Out of the box I was ready to send these boots back after a few hours they were so uncomfortable. But after two days they now fit like a glove and are almost as comfortable as my sneakers. They really looked sharp and held up to the first snowfall here in New York. They are certainly nice enough for routine trips to the courthouse and business meetings although obviously not as nice as dress shoes. They look great with bluejeans too and are good for going out where you need something to hold up to the snow and slush yet when you're in the club you want to be reasonably fashionable. You really do need the straps to pull the boots on and the straps are on both the front side and backside of the boat so that's great. These boots are most definitely worth the money.
on January 18, 2013
Hey, Oldtimer! Tired of hunching over to tie your shoelaces after airport security? Envious of the younger dudes just slipping their laceless boots on and off while you hoist your hinder and grunt? Well, here's the answer! You too can be insouciant; as long as your cuffs cover the boot tops, these Timberland Boots will look just like the old-fashioned black business shoes guys your age are expected to wear.

They're sturdily made, besides, and remarkably comfortable in fit. The only irritant for me is a chafing at the very top of the boot if I wear socks that are too short. The soles are durable and the whole boot is reasonably weatherproof. They're not made for ballroom dancing, of course, and they look a trifle funky with a tuxedo.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.