Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 20, 2011
I'm a high heel girl but had to have these boots. I ordered my true size (7.5) in the burgundy. They are beautiful. It is a dark warm brown color. The fit is tight, and like others can only wear them with a thin sock. I tried them on with thin cotton socks and the toe area was pulled tight when putting my foot in the boot. Perhaps a thin slippery type of sock would be better. I have thin boney feet that are not wide in the slightest and feel tightness in the bunion area. Because these are leather, they will stretch some and will conform to my feet. If you are debating on what size to order, start with your true size. The snug fit feels secure on your feet. If you need more comfort room and wish to wear heavier socks then go up 1/2 size. Think of pumps, if they're too loose then your feet slide out of them. If that is the fit you can accept then order your true size. If not, size up 1/2 size. I hope this review helps.
82 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on December 2, 2013
After reading a bunch of reviews on this site and others, I took people's advice and ordered a half size larger than my normal size. I already have dressy boots that are form fitting to use with a skirt and wanted a boot for wearing with jeans, and these are perfect! They are rustic but with style and superb fit. The foot bed and toe box are foot-shaped, well balanced, supportive and comfortable with plenty of room for a woolly sock. The nubuck shank forms beautifully to the shape of your leg very quickly and fit like a glove without being at all constrictive. They are a true riding boot style with leather top and calf adjustment button. The zippers work great, seem heavy and well made and allow for easy on/off, which is a big plus for my high arches. I wear a C width in shoes, so I got the wide width. There is slight heel slippage but I am fine with that. My calf measurement is 14" and the boot top is ~ 15 and a half inches, which is plenty of room to tuck in jeans. The leather quality is beautiful, I love the chunky heel, and the rubber lug sole is a must for walking on ice and snow. They thought of everything with these boots - I can't say enough good things about them! A lovely pair of boots for a great price that I highly recommend.
on November 13, 2012
First of all I love these boots. No other boot on the market is both leather, suede, lug soled with buckles. These are stylish, casual boots that look great from Timberland, boot makers. Thanks to the reviews, I knew exactly what I was getting. From sizing to fit. I was able to make a good choice and get it right the first time. I have an odd foot/leg. My size 9 foot has a very high instep so I usually wear a 9 wide to accommodate this. When a wide is not available, I will bump up to 9.5B or a 10B. I ordered a 9.5C or wide based on the reviews I read about the boot being snug at the calf.

But size is not the only important measure. The boot fits a little big (my decision to size up to 9.5 to accommodate my high instep). The sole is slick so my foot slides forward and the heel raises when I walk. Normally, I would wear thicker socks and problem solved. Not with these boots. I have to wear thin trouser socks. Once you get the leather foot part of the boot fit you then have the slouchy suede. This boot appears tall and stiff. It is not. The boot slouches around my 9.5in ankles . I do not like this. It makes the boots SUPER casual looking. Moving up the leg the boot switches back to leather. The leather is heavily seemed as it transitions from suede to leather at the top and this seem is very unforgiving making the boot tight at this spot. The top leather includes elastic and an adjustable buckle. Wide calves, no problem. BUT the seem of the cuff is fixed and not stretchable. This hits at the largest part of my calf, which is 16.5in and is very, very tight.

PROS:
Great boots from reputable boot maker
Quality leather and suede, well made
Great casual look; get lots of 'cool boots' complements
Wide fit option
Sizing of the foot and ankle true to size and comfortable

CONS:
Sizing of calf - calf width AND your height are important due to the suede to leather seem and where that will hit on your leg. I think if I were an inch taller or more, this would not be an issue
Slouching of the suede on the shaft of the boot - the tight seem allows the boots to stay up on me but may not do the same on your foot
Not for extreme winter weather, OK to get around with rain or snow on the ground. Not very warm.
Cannot wear pants with boots due to tight seem; I wear jeggings or thin leggings in a capri length

Bottom line: I should have returned these boots because they just don't work well with my foot/ankle/calf/leg. But I couldn't find anything remotely similar and of the same quality. I really liked the super casual look, especially with the lug sole. I can wear them in the rainy Louisiana winters. So I am sitting here typing this review with the boots on....stretching out that leather seem.
One person found this helpful
on October 24, 2012
These boots are very comfortable. I love the low heel, because I don't do well in high heels. I am extremely picky about comfort, but these boots I can wear walking around all day and my feet don't hurt at all. I can feel the stiff leather part against my ankles, but it's not so harsh that it rubs or leaves blisters or anything, and it's just because it's new leather. It will soften up with wearing. I also love the good treads on the bottom of the boot - most women's boots that look fashionable have crappy soles with little to no treads, which often bothers me, especially in the winter when people tend to wear boots the most. These are perfect. I don't have to worry about slipping and falling at all. I could go hiking in these boots and be just as comfortable and confident walking in them as I am walking around shopping.

I have slightly bigger calves though than the 15" shaft allows apparently, because the boots won't zip all the way to the top when pulled up straight. However, if I pull them down about 2 inches I can then zip them completely, it just makes the boot have more of a slouchy mid-calf look, which is fine, they still look fantastic.

Sizing - I usually wear an 11 wide, but only because most women's shoes don't come in a 10.5. Size 11 shoes tend to be just a little loose, but 10's are too snug. I got an 11 wide (c/d) in these and they fit perfectly, so I have to agree with other reviews that you probably just want to order a half size bigger than your normal size.

I spent $100 on these, and I think it's well worth it. They're super comfortable and good quality so they should last me a long time. I would absolutely recommend these boots.
on October 25, 2013
As a matter of fact, when I searched for riding boots on Amazon, I searched for "extended calf" which I guess means anything not 14 or 14.5. I was sooo excited for these. I haven't found a pair of riding boot that I have truly loved in years. I loved the look of these and I super-loved them when they arrived on my doorstep. The style is just as pictured. I ordered my normal size 7 and they fit true to size. The sole is rugged, but sleek at the same time. If that makes sense. I didn't feel like I was wearing a pair of the popular butter Timbs that I see a lot around here. I still felt like I could wear them to work on a casual Friday. Then I tried to zip them up. Got all the way to maybe two inches from the top and they would not budge. I tried adjusting the little extension flap and that apparently is for decoration only. This was without jeans, leggings, or tights, so I knew I couldn't keep them. So heartbroken. Also, strange was that the ankle/lower calf area was so loose on me, but I was going to forgive that if I could zip them up. Alas, it was not meant to be. For look and style 4/5, but for the lack of being a truly extended calf boot...3/5
on January 22, 2014
Love this boot...have always ordered or bought the wide width for comfort and to be able to wear thicker sock in my boots... this particular boot must run a little wider than normal, even with a thicker sock my foot moves. May be sending back to get the Medium width with this boot, going to try a thin insole first. I really love this boot, with the leather foot and nubuck shaft and lug sole, it really is the most comfortable boot to date that I own. It does run true to size, no need to buy up half size for width, just buy the Wide if offered and you need. They are not knee high (2-3 inches below and I am 5'3")... The circumference is at least 14.50,my calves are 14.25 and they fit great, no breaking in just right out of the box.
My daughter really likes, which is a rarity... this boot will work for any age group, (58). Take the plunge and put yourself in a comfortable well made boot from Timberland. (ALL TIMBERLAND'S ARE COMFORTABLE, this is why after so many years I keep buying.... just discarded a pair of hiking/snow boots that was bought in 1985, they finally just gave up..
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 23, 2012
I just got these today and the boots fit and feel great. I have wide feet and sometimes I have to order a half size up just to get a good fit, so I was very pleased that the boots are available in wide width. I ordered my size 7.5 Wide and they feel absolutely perfect.

HERE COMES THE COMPLAINT: This is the second pair of boots that I've ordered from Amazon that have had marks, scratches and scuffs on them. The first pair I ordered was the Steve Madden black leather Banddit boots, which I absolutely love, but when I unwrapped them and took them from the box, there was a circular scratch mark on the toe area of one boot, it looked like someone peeled off a sticker an then tried to scratch off the adhesive. I thought, no big deal.

Now I just got these Timberlands and AGAIN, on one of the boots, there are scratches and scuff marks on the toe area, as well as scratches on the front of the leather band below the knee. Luckily, I have leather boot care products at home or I would've had to send them back, I just don't feel like going through the ordeal of exchanging and waiting for a new pair, I'll fix them myself. These boots are suppose to be in new condition so they shouldn't arrive all marked up. I wish whoever was handling them when they ship out would be more careful!!
on October 3, 2013
I searched a long time for boots. I loved the look of these boots. I almost love the fit too. I sometimes wear a 10, sometimes an 11. I do have a wide foot. I went back & forth on what size to buy. I even busted out the tape measure & measured my foot. According to their size chart, I am an 11. Based on other reviews that suggested to go bigger, I ordered a size 11. They fit good. Not great. When I put them on with a very thin sock, my heal popped up a little bit ever time I walked. I fixed this with a slightly thicker sock. I wore them for about 4-5 hours the day I got them. By the end of the night, my left foot (my slightly bigger foot) was hurting me in the width. I'm really hoping they'll stretch out a little with wear. The look is great. They aren't slouchy, but they almost are. The boots fit over my skinny jean without a problem. I had plenty of room in the calf area. I could almost tighten the adjustable calf, but don't need them super tight so I wore them how they came...in the middle. Like I said, I really hope the width with stretch a little because these boots look great and will go with just about anything. Glad I didn't order the 11 wide because those would have been too big but wondering if the size chart was accurate because I'm thinking the 10 wide would have been perfect.
on August 23, 2013
I needed a pair of black knee-high boots and had tried a pair of Clarks that were just slightly too small on my calves. I'm thin, but athletic, so I've got some calves on me. Everyone said these are great because they are adjustable. This part is true. But they are still just a titch too big when on their smallest setting.

Also, a bunch of people had said to order a half size larger and/or wider boots than usual. I ordered a half size bigger and regret it.

The boots are also really loose around my ankle, too. There's an adjustable buckle, but I have that on the tightest setting and they just slide around a lot.

I think I would have been happier with stiffer boots. The leather in the middle is soft and slouches, so it looks kind of ridiculous when they're big because it's slouchy.

They would be super cute if they fit the right person. But I guess that person is not me.
on October 22, 2013
I ordered these in an 8W. I normally wear an 8M, but ordered the Wide because I have a slight bunion issue. I'm glad I did. I would never have gotten the Medium width on! I will only be able to wear tights and/or a super thin sock with these, unless I return for an 8 1/2. I have no problem with the calf area, and for those with larger calves, it is adjustable. Love the lug sole. The boots are stiff in the footbed, but I'm assuming they will soften up. Overall, I would say order 1/2 size up if you want to wear anything thicker than tights. As for the width, I would say order the regular if you have a narrower foot, and order the wide if you want to wear a thick sock and/or need extra room for foot issues such as a bunion, etc. I am 5'6", and the boots hit about 2" below my knee.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question