Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 1,393 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,450 reviews
on April 1, 2016
The Boots fell apart in a matter of weeks and with infrequent wear. The boots were to be used just for the winter, once the snow and extreme cold arrived. The snow hadn't even arrived yet and the soles already began to separate from the leather uppers right at the ball of the foot. Very surprised to find boots by "Timberland" failing the casual-wear test. Had to return the boots to Amazon. I am thoroughly disappointed in these boots and will have to look to a different name for insulated/water-proof boots to wear during the winter.
on November 26, 2015
The only problem with these boots are the soles. I am on my second pair of the same boot and just like the last pair the soles are starting to crack after only 8 months. You would think for the price they charge the soles would last longer than 8 months.
on June 18, 2015
Bought these boots last year around Christmas time, the inside broke down and tore within 2 or 3 month and now as of yesturday, 6/17/2015 the outside on one of the boots is separating for the sole of the boot! Would love to be able to contact the seller but can't seem to find a way to contact them, imagine that!!! Don't buy these boots, I thought Timberland was a durable brand but I guess that can;t with stand a tire and lube shop!!! Had Wal-Mart boots last longer!!!
on December 7, 2016
First, I PAYED FOR THESE TIMBERLAND BOOTS.(Check my update below!)
I waited until I had used these boots for a few months before reviewing them in order to give an honest opinion.
I wear them 5 to 6 days a week, from summer until now when we just had the first snowfall of the season, anywhere from 8 to 18 hours a day working on concrete floors, and in and out of trucks. Yes, I'm on my feet all day.
My feet and legs used to get sore and tired with my last pair, but since using these timberlands I can work longer without getting fatigued. My only complaints are the lack of the slip resistant sole, and the quick lace-up eye hooks at the top of the boot. If it had these two changes made, it would be the perfect workboot.
I will leave you with a tip: I pair these with the Dr. Scholls P.R.O Heavy Duty Support insoles, designed for men over 200 lbs. They provide extra support.
Together they are the footwear I recommend to everyone.
Update!!! 2/22/17
Lowering my rating from 5 to 1 star.
Posted a picture of the soles breaking apart on both boots, similar to other reviwers here on amazon. Very dissapointed. Will find another brand to use, you should too
on January 4, 2017
Shipping was good, and my item arrived on time. I ordered these boots for winter in New York and Toronto, and am pleased with my purchase overall. My favorite thing about the boots is that there is insulation as well as anti-fatigue technology that has helped me for long walks in the cold. I would say that the boots are able to provide warmth up to approximately 35 degrees Fahrenheit, which is about 2 degrees Celsius, if one is wearing relatively warm boot-length socks; I felt cold around my toes with anything below 35 degrees Fahrenheit. I was somewhat disappointed with the water resistance of the boots. While water does not penetrate the boot when one steps into a puddle, water has definitely seeped through numerous times via the front of the boots when I wore them in light to heavy rain weather. In terms of comfort, I find that the boots are very comfortable and follow the flow of one's natural walking motions unlike Red Wing boots which I find to be too stiff. I've worn the boots for a number of walks that lasted for miles, and never felt discomfort. Again, however, I would highly recommend wearing them with boot-length socks. With regular socks, irritation will be felt along the skin of calves, and even with boot-length socks, slight irritation can still be felt along the calves when the boots are worn for extended amounts of time (over 3 hours). Construct-wise, the boots appear to be durable though I can imagine the constant pulling on the top of the boots when putting them on could lead to tearing, and over time, the bottom of the boots have the potential to deteriorate, though that's to be anticipated with any pair of boots. Look-wise, I laced mine all the way to the top with my pants tugged above the top of the boots and I'm quite happy with the way they fit, there's good contrast between my pants and the boots which give the appearance of being narrow when laced all the way up. If one is purchasing the boots for heightening, then I can confirm that the boots will give you a solid inch and a half of additional height without any added cushions. Fit-wise, I'd say the boots are pretty true to size. I typically get shoes that are 10.5 or 11 because I have wider feet. I went to Marshall's to try these boots on before my purchase and felt that 10.5 was just right.
review image review image review image
on February 23, 2016
I feel obligated to write a review for these. I have been wearing the direct attach 6" since 2012 and haven't looked back. I'm at a point in my life where I know that this is the only work boot I will buy as long as they keep making them. I work in parks & recreation and I am on my feet all day long. I can usually get a year out of mine, which I find totally acceptable for the hard abuse I put them through. Each year when I get a new pair, its like an old friend and I look forward to the work I will do in them. I love the looks, I love the fit, I love the consistency, I love everything about these boots. I just received my my 5th pair, and I am never looking back. I hope you enjoy these boots as much as I do.
on November 23, 2013
My husbands works pest control outdoors in Fla. rain or shine he was buying $36 boots at Walmart that every 2 months peeled (fake leather) they would not pass his company dress inspections. His parents oh well they don't cost that much.
Finally I got him a pair of these he loved them very comfy, nice looking. He can polish them.
Now 14 months later I am ordering him another pair the other ones still are holding up but would need insoles. You can't go wrong with these.
on March 12, 2016
The fit was great, however, the boots came all scratched up [I got the brown boots] and the replacement also came scratched up. I found the same boots in the mall and they were nothing [quality-wise] like the ones that came from Amazon. You can wear these boots all day with no pain, however, the quality of the material is horrible so you'll probably need to get a new pair within the year. There is a bit of arch support from the foam insert inside the boots. You can easily take them out and cut those away if you have flat feet. The boots were also not balanced at all [it rocks left and right]. The sole of the boots were also really curved. I guess Timberland was accounting for the bend of your toes when you walk. This made the front of the boots lift up about half an inch from the ground. I personally, prefer the soles to be completely flat or not much of a bend. Timberland's quality has went down A LOT over the past few years. It's sad that they also jack up their prices for certain products especially for such crappy quality.
on October 28, 2016
My last 3 pairs of work boots were The Timberland Pro steel toe with the rubber toe guard, I really liked them and would get just shy of a year with heavy use. After the price of the steel toe went to $149, I decided to try the soft toe at $100, I paired them with a pair of timberland inserts,...the combination was pure heaven.
I can work a 12 hour day and not even want to take my shoes off when I get home. None of my timberlands have required a break in period,..They are comfortable right out of the box.

Before timberland, I would purchase red wings, after my first 2 pairs split at the bottoms after only a few months, At the suggestion of the manager of red wings, I spent nearly $300 for a pair of American made red wings as he said they would last longer.

After only 3 months the inside lining and padding was falling apart,...I thought, well at least there is a 1 year warranty. WRONG!, they wanted to charge me stating "wear and tear". When I told them I would never buy another pair of red wing boots, they just shrugged there shoulders, an email to their corporate office received no response.
I work for a company where work boots are required, and we have alot of employees,...red wings surely lost alot more than 1 customer.

Don't waste your money on Red Wings,...Go Timberland!
on April 21, 2017
Possibly the best work boots I have ever owned. I have had them for a year and it is time to replace them. They are still very comfortable and supportive, but I have worn through the soles and the leather is cracking. This has nothing to do with the durability of the boots and everything to do with the fact that I work with concrete and I have never oiled the leather.
They required very little break in. The insulation is effective in winter and not any hotter than any other boots in summer. The waterproofing worked well and held up well. The best part is that once these boots are broken in, they are very comfortable. I am pretty sure I could run a 10K in them with a sore spot or blister. 5 stars!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.