Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 23, 2011
After nearly 15 years of extreme pleasure with the Timberland Chukkas, I needed new boots. Went to lots of stores, tried on lots of boots. I wasn't going to buy anything on-line without trying it on in a store first, and finally ran across these in a local store. They felt GREAT right out of the box, but didn't have my size at 2 different stores so I ordered them here. I can't tell you how hapy I am with them. If you're looking for waterproof boots that are comfortable all day long -- these are it! There's just enough padding in the soles so they are comfortable yet firm, just enough insulation to keep warm but not be too hot, and just enough flex in the ankle for perfect support. The traction is awesome as well. I haven't tried them out in the snow yet, but have no doubt they will keep my feet warm and dry.
One person found this helpful
on May 9, 2011
The other reviewers are correct: the boot feels like, say, a day hiking boot/shoe, so much so that you may forget you are wearing them. No break-in needed either. Comfortable, easy to get on and off, and moderately good grip on a number of different surfaces. The interior is well-padded, there is sufficient arch support and the tread looks as if will last for a while. Now, the downsides: no steel toe (fine with me as I didn't need it), not waterproof, and as far as I can tell, the interior padding is just that and not insulation. So if you need a boot for harsh, wet conditions you should probably look elsewhere. But for those of us who "just" need a comfortable work boot that stands up to "standard" work--carpentry, landscaping and so forth--this may well be the best bet.

As for care, I coated mine with McNett waterproofing; we'll see how that goes. Otherwise I just brush and rinse at the end of the day.
on April 1, 2014
One pair of these lasted 2 years working in Prudhoe Bay and another year working in North Dakota. Just bought another pair to replace mine as the leather finally started cracking (my bad for not treating the boots with anything while I had them). Not sure about the reviews saying these fall apart - mine have been used & abused and held up just fine. Comfortable too.
on November 16, 2014
These boots fit perfect and are super comfortable. Have a nice amount of insulation. The first time I wore them outside for about 6 hours and feet never got cold with a pair of darn tough hiking socks. I can't state enough how great my feet felt in these even after 6 hours, super comfortable. Also as a bonus they are made in Dominican Republic and not China.
on January 17, 2015
Bought these to replace a pair of Irish Setters. Fit true to size and after one day of cutting firewood, my feet are both warm and dry, and it is a slushy mess outside right now. A little bit uncomfortable at the top of the boot, but it feels like something that will break in within a few more days.
on April 3, 2012
Love these boots! The sizes run about right, heavy firm, thick soles, and good ankle support. Decent insulation and water resistance. I get 1 year out of them working on the railroad walking on rough surfaces and big gravel/ballast all day. They wear out on the back of the heel for me.
2 people found this helpful
on March 11, 2012
I just picked these up and they are one of the nicest pair of boots that I own. Very Comfortable. The only thing i would stress is that they are not for warm weather. Im took them out hiking in about 80 degree weather and by the time i was done my feet were very sweaty.
One person found this helpful
on February 22, 2015
Good product for the price.but no what i was expected.
on July 19, 2012
Look good. Fit good. Tough and watertight. And they ad an inch or so onto your height when you wear them. What more could you ask for? A good price too.
on June 9, 2012
I'm very happy with this pair of boots! Nice fit (leaving just enough room for a boot sox), good support, good traction on my hilly Oregon property, and little or no break-in was required. A good boot for the price I'm happy to recomend to anyone...
5 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.