Customer Reviews: Timberland Men's Earthkeepers CT Boot
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on December 5, 2013
Overall, these are my favorite boots ever, and here's why:

These boots are made of leather, removable soles, canvas laces, and rubber heels. The leather is like suede for the brown boots, and because of the stitching, leather, and rubber, these shoes are waterproof. This suede material is still able to wick away water like if it was plastic (i poured water on them, but I have yet to freeze them). I find the rubber heels to be the best feature of these boots because the point of having rubber soles is to give you grip in cases of rain, sleet, snow, etc. I haven't tested these boots on snow, yet, but so far, they have excellent traction.

These boots are not flashy like biker boots, military boots, brogues, oxfords, etc. However, that's the best part of the these boots. Because of my own personal style, I would say that, at best, they can be used for business causal settings during Fall, Winter, or rainy days. However, just because of personal style, a number of factors play into how these boots fit into an aesthetic. However, their beauty is that they're simple which makes them versatile. They don't just fit into the common categories of "casual" or "hiking" or "work" or "dress" boots because it has subtle features of several of those categories, and this is why I like them aesthetically.

When I read the other comments about these boots, most of them mentioned that these boots were too big by a half size. I disagree. These boots are true to fit, except with a small caveat. They are A TAD BIT loose around the toes. This will obviously feel very different from running shoes, which are supposed to be true to fit. But, let me explain. First, these boots have laces, so you can tie them as tight as you want. I realized that I could tie my boots so that they fit comfortably, AND MY FOOT DOES NOT MOVE IN MY SHOE. In other words, when tied correctly, the boot is snug around my heel and instep, and my toes do not slide to the front of my boot. This means that the boot is fine, but the toes have a little room incase people plan to wear thicker socks, and to allow blood flow to the toes.

Also, remember that these are leather. The leather will conform to your foot the more you use them.

Right out of the box, these are some of the most comfortable shoes. Usually, shoes require time and use to become more comfortable. However, these shoes were comfortable from the moment I put them on. The sole is soft, although it could use a tad bit more arch support. The toes, like I said above, have a little room, but not too much. The boots are not tight around the ankle. They are especially warm, and like I said above, they are made of leather so I expect them to fit better the more I use them. However, I will say, one should take care of leather precisely because of this fact. If these boots get too wet, they can loose their shape, so just a warning.

Last, but not least: THESE BOOTS ARE LIGHT. This should be obvious, but compared to other boots and especially to Timberlands, these boots are not heavy. Compared to canvas sneakers like Chuck Taylors, Vans, etc or any running shoes, these boots are definitely heavier, but canvas sneakers and running shoes are the lightest shoes on the scale. Now, compared to other boots, especially other Timberlands, these feel like running shoes (this is of course relative to heavier and normal boots). That is to say, these boots are on the lighter side on the "boot weight scale."

Like I said above, these boots are excellent. I would recommend them. Don't be concerned with having roomy toes, but if it does, maybe you could try a half size smaller and tell me how that goes.
on October 9, 2013
These boots could easily fetch 4 stars. They are sturdy and felt nice when I tried them on...but.

However they lack consistency in quality and size.

First pair, the tongue on the left boot was sewn in crooked and would not lay flat or evenly, and not just by a little... by a lot.

Amazon Prime happily sent me a second pair when I marked the first pair as defective (Thank you amazon!)

Got the Second pair, well built...tongue not pulled completely to the side... then tried them on to check the fit. Not sure what clown supply store Timberland made these for, but that's the first thought that came to mind when I discovered they were at least two sizes too big. Not in width mind you, just length. Timberland's 10.5 seem more like a 12-12.5 (see uploaded photo in product gallery)

Needless to say Amazon will be getting two pair of boots back.

Seems like the sizing is completely haywire with this batch of boot from Timberland, and may not be consistent through out out the size range. You may want to order a size smaller...
review image
on November 22, 2013
What drew me to the shoe was the stripped-down styling which is surprisingly difficult to come by in a fall / winter boot (Timberland, is you're reading this, please make them in brown smooth leather!) Overall, the shoe is well crafted, the stitching is solid, and the sole strikes me as durable. The removable insole (great idea to let your boot air out every once in a while) has great cushioning. I've wearing them for about two weeks now and haven't had any trouble with breaking them in and expect them to age nicely, as I'd like to get maximum mileage out of them. I can't even deny it, reading about the shoe's sustainability features made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Since I've never order boots before, much less Timberlands, I didn't know how to size these when ordering so I got both the 9W and 9.5 sizes. For comparison's sake, I wear a 9.5 Clark Desert Book and the 9W was the most appropriate for my foot size. They are on the snug side with a thicker sock but not wobbly and loose with a thinner one. As someone previously noted, they are long- much longer than my other shoes, but in my opinion aren't out of proportion.

As usual Amazon's service was prompt and return of the extra pair was hassle free. The price was much lower than THE other major online shoe retailer and the memorial day promo code was icing on the cake!
on November 22, 2013
it looks very nice, perfect for formal occasion. My size is 8.5 and I had the choice between D(M) and 2E. Finally I ordered D(M) as my feet is not fat. But in real i can feel the shoes are narrow. My advice is that you don't necessarily need to order one size bigger. But you should know that the shoes are narrow.
on August 3, 2013
I have been a loyal timberland boot wearer for the past 3-4 years. I had the classic boot in black and got full usage out of them but always hated the fact that they were so heavy/clunky. I wanted a new boot that was more light weight and easy to put on/off. After searching the amazon catalog i came across this model and knew it would be much lighter and easier to wear. Sure enough it is everything i hoped for and still has the classic casual+classy timberland look. If you want a boot that isnt so heavy and bulky and more of a light weight aerodynamic option then these are your best bet!
on January 27, 2014
But I couldn't find one that fit. For years I have been buying New Balance hickers, always the same size even though the style/model number might change. The fit never does 10.5 wide is 10.5 wide. I wanted something a little nicer for every day use.But these Tmberlands are another story all together. Reviews warned that the run large...boy do they. 10.5/w was a boat. 9.5/w was too way small. I couldn't try a 10 beacause Amazon would not let me try another size with free return shipping.
I liked the style of the boot a lot. Be prepared to return your first pair unless you are real lucky.
on January 20, 2014
I've never spent over 60$ on shoes before. I did hear and these are worth it, I'm up in the New England climate and with all the snow here, these are great, even sinking into snow, these keep my feet really dry and warm.

That's what they are suppose to do, these may be the most comfortable shoes I own, I thought I'd just be wearing these with snow and rain, because they're waterproof, however I find myself wearing them almost everyday.
on October 31, 2013
Love the shoe, although I had to send it back once for a different size. I'm normally a 10.5 in Timberlands, but had to drop to a 10.0 here since the shoe was unquestionably large all around. Even with the size I've settled on, it's getting a bit loose front to back as I wear it in, and the toe is 1/2" longer than it needs to be (easily the longest shoe I have). Regardless, it doesn't end up looking pointy or floppy or anything like that. In fact, it's an overall great shape that balances sleekness with the bulk of your standard boot. I would recommend going 1/2 or a full-size down to start. Hope you like returning things!
on March 1, 2014
I was looking for a pair of boots since my Chippewas were beginning to fall apart after many years of wear. Most of the things I looked at were well over $100 and I didn't want to spend that much. I found the Earthkeepers and, although I generally don't buy shoes over the internet, I did so because of the generous return policy. I was pleasantly surprised when I got them; they look a lot like the jungle boots worn back in Vietnam; they're light and rugged and will probably look good when the shine is gone and they're scuffed up a bit. I think they're a little large for sizing, but a pair of Scholl's insets have taken care of that. I paid around $80 for these and they're well worth the price. Right now they're too good looking to wear in the slush, but when the slop disappears I'll be wearing them. Good job Amazon!
on March 5, 2014
I friggin' love, love, love these boots! I'm wearing them right now. I kind of wish i were a violent man, so I could kick someone's ass wearing these boots. . . I just might give it a try.