Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on April 15, 2015
I've worn these Timberland boat shoes for 12 or 15 years. I have just ordered a pair from Amazon and there are notable differences and they are not upgrades, they are down grades. First they don't fit at all well or true to size. The problem is that the toe box is way oversized. I don't think this can be remedied by going down a size because that would make the shoe smaller overall, including length which is not the problem. The problem is sloppy fit. Second, there is a lot less leather in these than in my previous several pairs. The doubling of leather has been replaced by false stitching which appears to be there to sew two layers of leather together – but don't be fooled. They are single layer all over. In my previous pairs the lace was a genuine moccasin lace that went all the way around the shoe and then laced up through the two pairs of eyelets. In the new models the lace around the shoe is false. It dead-ends into the seam below the eyelets and won't do anything to make the fit snugger.
Overall the shoe has been dropped way down in quality and does not fit. I am sending these back and will not buy more.
If the Timberland Corporation is reading these reviews, my advice is to return to the former quality which was excellent but now is poor.
79 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on June 4, 2013
This is a very nice shoe. I ordered my normal size and when it arrived I was aware that it was too large for my feet. I compared it physically with other similar shoes I own and could see the difference. I went online to arrange an exchange for a half size smaller and was provided with a pre-paid UPS label to return the original pair. And within 2 days the replacement pair arrived. These fit fine. So I suggest that if you purchase these, order at least a half size smaller than you normally wear. The manufacturer is a little off in measurements.
123 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on September 15, 2015
I've been wearing Timberland boat shoes for almost 30 years and this has been the only pair that I have been dissatisfied with its quality. They are flimsy, and extremely light weight. The rawhide laces, threaded around the heel of the shoe are not part of the laces that you tie off. In other words, you cannot tighten the heel of the shoe on your foot as they stretch. Worst of all, the brass eyelets split apart and cut my pants and ankles, within 6 months of use. These eyelets were very very thin brass and of shoddy quality. All Timberland brand shoes I've owned in the past were high quality shoes designed to be used for out door activities. This pair was not good enough to survive 6 months of casual weekend use.
8 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon August 3, 2017
I am not a person who "loves" shoes, but this pair has worked out in every way. The key - I have wide feet. So I MUST have footware that is wider than most.

These are 13EE, and they fit me nicely, even though I usually take a 12EEE, and occasionally a 11.5EEE. I bought them late last year and have successfully limited their use to work where they look great. Not using them to mow the lawn or build the deck has really paid off. I have high arches, so I removed the insoles and replaced them with superfeet green which I leave in the shoes. But they have really held up well, feel and look great. I'm ready to polish them, but so far they don't need more than the quick first time use polish I give most of my leather shoes.

See the photo I posted as my desk at work (Sorry! I tried for 20 minutes to get the photo upright, even taking the photo with both orientations in my smart (?) phone, but no luck). I may buy another pair soon, because I always worry that a wide, nice looking, well built pair of shoes will be replaced by the manufacturer/retailer, and I won't be able to find them again. Timberland is a good bet for quality, and this pair reinforces their status.
review image
on October 16, 2016
This Timberland Kiawah Bay boat shoe design isn't the one for sockless summer wear. That version has a thinner sole (usually white) with no interior padding.
This Timberland version has a thicker sole and a padded insole with a little (not much) arch support.It is designed to be worn with socks.
I wear this design year round reserving the classic Sperry AO design for summer wear only.
The leather of the uppers is heavy and beautiful. Even the laces are a nice quality leather. The soles are slightly soft and grippy.
Inside, the shoes have a very comfortable foam insole. But if you need support for a high arch, then these are not for you since the insoles are relatively flat.
All together, these are a well made and beautiful classic shoe design by Timberland at a reasonable price.
2 people found this helpful
on August 17, 2015
I've worn boat shoes/docksiders for most of my life. I'm now 42. I never owned any by Timberland because I wasn't aware they made them. About 10 years ago in an emergency situation when my existing pair of boat shoes of another brand fell apart I found myself in need of a new pair immediately. The sole had literally fallen off from wear and they were over 5 years old. So, I went to a local store and voila there were some Timberland boat shoes on sale. $20 at the time. I grabbed them, wore them, and have loved them for the last 10 years. They've gotten broken in, worn out, and just well used. Recently, part of the sole came loose and two of the metal eyelets around the ankle popped out. Time for a new pair. So, I found the Earthkeepers Kaiwah Bay shoes. Quite frankly, minus one insanely tiny detail they are identical to what I had. There's no way I'll ever be able to figure out the old pair's "model". Nonetheless, I love these shoes. And, to make things even better I thankfully have a local shoe repair man who took my falling 10 year old pair of Timberland's and repaired the sole, fixed the eyelets, got rid of any unsightly loose threads, and really cleaned them up and just cleaned them up. I can probably get another 5 or more years out of them. My new Earthkeepers are for when I need to dress more nicely and the older pair is great for around the house and much more low-key situations. Both pair are insanely comfortable and well constructed. A pair of shoes that can last 10 years is a heck of an investment.On a side note, I have low arches and as a result wear inserts and my feet run a little wide. Timberland doesn't glue down the insoles. I simply pulled out the ones that came with the shoes and put mine in. No having to physically rip the existing ones out thereby destroying the ones that came with the shoes. I highly recommend Timberland boat shoes, in general, and most definitely the Earthkeepers Kiawah Bay style.
on June 17, 2016
I have never returned a pair of shoes in my life and I've probably owned over 100 pairs. These will be the first. I've had 2 pairs of Sperry's in the past and loved them, but these were much more inexpensive so I figured I'd give them a shot. The old adage, "you get what you pay for" applies here. Chinese carbage.

I ordered them in a size 11, but these are equivalent to a 12 or larger. I should've listened to other's reviews before buying these, but I didn't and now I feel like an idiot. My feet constantly slide north and south while walking, and the support is so bad that I can feel my feet occasionally rolling off the insides or outsides of the shoe as I take steps. It essentially feels like I'm wearing fake leather bags on my feet that have tiny soles sewed to the bottoms. Sometimes my feet will remain right in the center as I walk, but more often than not they slide around and overhang the edges of the sole. And as a few others have said, in the past this model of shoe has been fully adjustable. But now the only adjustable part is the lacing on the top of the shoe where you tie them. These pages are not at all connected to the 'faux lacing' that wraps around the shoe. There's essentially no way to adjust these to fit your style--only a way to tighten the area that wraps around the top of your arch. Since Timberland is merely Chinese junk now, I will never give them another penny.

Oh yeah, and both of my Achilles' tendons are currently bleeding because of the forward bias designed into the heel cup. Utterly HORRIBLE. STAY AWAY!
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 30, 2017
I bought these shoes 11 months ago and I am returning to review my experience. I read the reviews and decided to purchase a wide-fit shoe. This was a good decision for me. I don't normally do that but over the past 5 years I've put on a bit of weight and my feet have widened. These fit and were comfortable right out of the box. It was like I had already worn them for a month. I have put these shoes through a heavy use pattern. Worn them almost every day, commuting and walking around NYC during the week, hiking New England trails on the weekend.

When I first got these they were nice enough to wear to church. But after a month no so. Even so they are perfect for a casual work environment where you want to feel comfortable but don't want to look like a slob. The soles are just now loosing the tread pattern in the heavy spots, and the liner has come loose in both shoes. For as much wear as I have put on these I have been extremely pleased at these. They are inexpensive enough that I could buy a new pair every year and feel happy about that.
on February 13, 2017
These are my second pair. I LOVE these and I hope they never stop making them. Yes, I've finally turned into that old dad buying a repeat pair of shoes . . . sigh. But they are comfortable, age very well (last pair lasted about 3 years with heavy use) and best of all are VERY versatile. You can dress them up or down and the overall neutral tone goes with so many outfits. I went to outlets and I can't tell you how many stores (including Timberland) trying to find something similar and no dice. Others have weird yellow or white soles, or the shoe has too many bells and whistles, or the color is too orange or brown. These are the ones.
on January 27, 2015
These shoes were just a purchase for something casual to wear around the house and on weekends. I really didn't want to spend a lot, especially since I tear up shoes in about 6 months. I've bought a lot of shoes with a similar design over the last few years, and some of them cost quite a bit more. I truly like these the best out of the bunch. This is primarily because they were so comfortable right out of the box. And that is partly because these are suede, but they are also properly cut in a wide size, as I need.

While it's personal preference, I love the mid-to-lighter brown color. Despite swearing that I'm not picky about things like that, I tend to wish that something might be a little lighter/darker, more satin, or whatever. So as meaningless as it sounds, if you think the picture of these shoes is one with "appealing brown," you may like them as much as me.

Anything negative I can say? Well, the laces are really on the long side, but that's easily fixed by just trimming them down. I'm also going to say that for some, these might feel a little too relaxed on the sides for what some may be used to - I just replaced a pair of Sebagos with almost restrictive support because of the heavy leather construction. For that reason - I prefer these, but it really comes down to personal preference.

I really wasn't expecting to give these 5 stars, but that is what I honestly think they are worth, especially at the price!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.