Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 367 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 397 reviews
on April 17, 2014
I performed what is perhaps the most comprehensive test on these shoes. I bought these for a scouts camp right before I left for $77! I've owned boots for double the price that severely underperformed. You want these shoes. Not only for the price are they unbeatable but their mere quality is superb and I would easily pay $110-$120 for them. Now, onto the review.

The test essentially entails all 6 seasons and 89 different terrains. Without hyperbole, I put these shoes on at 7am in the morning and took them off at midnight for 4 days. On two days, I wore them in excess of 20 hours and here are the results:

Are they waterproof? Yes. I accidentally dipped into ankle-deep mud and water without consequences. When the rain came (and I mean, it poured), I ran into some issues because my pants became soaked at the water essentially began to leak in from the top. However, that is not the shoe's fault. More importantly, I put some newspapers into them, let them dry for the two hours that I slept and woke up to dry shoes!

Were my feet comfortable? Yes. As you read, I wore these shoes for long..long periods, most of them entailed walking or standing. Overall, my feet toughened up a bit but they certainly did not hurt. Moreover, through the days I experienced weather ranging from 28C to 0C. At 28C, I must admit that my feet were slightly hot but I was also wearing long pants and knee-high socks which may have contributed to the embouteillage of heat. They did not, though, get as hot as some of my previous boots. When it came to freezing temperatures, my feet were perfectly fine in the relatively thin, cotton socks that I was wearing.

Will they last? Probably. In the few days that I did wear these shoes, I put in a substantial amount of mileage on them and they showed no signs of fatigue but to truly see whether they'll last I'll have to continue wearing them.

Overall, these are excellent shoes!
on October 27, 2015
This is the third and last pair I will buy. Comfortable and fairly long lasting shoe but the cheap glue they use to attach the rubber toe end with is a deal breaker for me...Pictures attached show what they look like at the end of useful service and what they look like after only three days of wear. It's annoying.
review image review image
on April 8, 2016
I've worn these boots for 100+ hours though hikes, heavy commuting rains in San Francisco and as casual wear with dark wash jeans.

They are very much comfortable. I purchased my first pair at REI, but they did not have my width, so I came to Amazon to get the 2E, and they fit perfectly. As said, I've done a fair share of traveling with these, and I can vouch that they are comfortable, completely waterproof and are completely leather.

For the price, they are absolutely worth it as kick-arounds, or getting down and dirty (I've submerged these in mud as well, and I've done light housework/lawn work with them.)

A few annoyances: The rubber part near the toe started to come off a bit, but it did not jeopardize the waterproof seal of the shoe. All I did was take some Loctite glue and a q-tip and press it back on. If you wear them hard like I do, that will happen, so be prepared.

They get hot during mildly warm days, but that should be known as they are completely waterproof and leather.

Go ahead and give them consideration.
on October 25, 2015
I've bought two pairs over the last two winters, and they've been great. That's not to say the wear out quickly at all, they were my main work boots and I beat them up due to my job. The last couple pairs always felt a bit snug, like they never quite "broke in". This time I ordered a size 12 Wide from Amazon, since no local stores stocked them in wide. Awesome, and I put the water proof-ness to the test the first day I wore them at work. Stepped into a 2" deep puddle on a loading dock, bone dry inside. A fair price for a good solid work boot. Nothing fancy, but great. I've stuck with these also partially because I need black shoes for work, and these are the closest all black to a hiker style as opposed to more military style. Much easier to move in, love em.
on April 25, 2017
I use these for just daily work around the house. They are so comfortable, i must point out what I believe to be the contributing factor to their comfort.....the lace loops and the right laces. The laces are flat and of a slippery material, nylon perhaps. They a quite generous in length also. This combined with metal loops and the hooks at the top, allow the laces to easily slip and adjust automatically to fit movement....giving here and there. I intend to add some vent holes with grommets to help my feet cool better. I love the support, the overall feel of impact cushioning. I just received these about a week ago and intended to use them as comfy around the house and yard boots and they have exceeded my expectations. All I can say is, so far, "money well spent".......
on October 16, 2014
Boots are nice until you wear them regularly....after only about a month of use the sole is starting to come off at the toe. Very disappointed. Maybe it can be hot glued, otherwise garbage....After 2 months the lining inside is deteriorating. I have now emailed Timberland to see if they stand by their products. Hopefully they will.
on April 16, 2015
I love them! I work a warehouse and go up and down stairs and the support was great. I broke my ankle before so I was looking for high top boots with great ankle support. During peak after working long hours my legs were tired from standing but my feet were not hurting. I did notice that after wearing them awhile my feet would feel wet when I took them off as if my feet were sweating. Even in the winter my feet would feel a little damp. Still great boot though.
on October 14, 2016
Not durable!! I loved these for the first few months. Fit perfectly and very comfortable on the trail. However, the seam has started to pull apart after just 5 months of limited use.
review image
on October 20, 2015
The boot feels great. Plenty of support and comfort for the Trails in Pennsylvania. Laces are strong. Overall look is attractive. Only problem is after a few months and about 150 miles of trails the rubber tip of the boot is starting to separate some. Nothing drastic but enough to notice and for dirt to get into. I cleaned it out really well and used a little gorilla glue to bond it together so far so good after about 20 miles on the trails.
on October 30, 2016
I really like these boots. First they give great support. I manage a big building supply and am on my feet all day and I walk a mile in them before work. This is the second pair of boots I've ever ordered online due to my weird feet. The good thing about buying from amazon and belonging to prime you have less problem returning than you do at the sporting goods store. Anyway, my first pair we're Keen Koven and I still wear them. I love the way they feel. The only problem is they "look' like hiking boots. I wanted something that looked a little more professional (I don't do loafers) one color preferably. When I saw this I did not hesitate and I'm glad I bought them. They have 2 D rings on each side for the flat laces that I prefer. Flat laces tend to stay tied better than round even when double laced. Buy some "People" socks on Amazon to go with them. I would recommend and will probably buy another pair when these wear out.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.