Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timberland PRO Men's 40008 Mudsill Low Steel-Toe Lace-Up
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on August 3, 2011
I bought these shoes for work a few months ago and i decided after some wear that it's time for a review.
First of all, the outside of these shoes are absolutely built Ford tough, i have put them through some serious beatings at work and they only have a few knicks and dings to report, nothing major, the sole has also performed great with no real wear yet after about 3 months of use.

The real negative is the inside lining, after about 3 weeks i already had multiple holes in the heel on both shoes, these holes have now spread to an alarming amount of holes all throughout the inside of the shoes on about every contact point with my foot, I am already looking for new work shoes, which is pretty embarrassing after only a few months. These shoes are also crazy hot, i have some mysterious foot rashes now popping up from these things which i never encountered from wearing the free Dickies I received from my father, don't want to go into too many details, but my feet are now always sweaty at work and i can't wait to get these things off at the end of the day.

That said, my wear is a pretty extreme case, as i walk about 11 or 12 miles a day at work, and also do alot of bending, so if you have a more mild mannered application, these things should do just fine, because they are tough as hell, just not on the inside.

3 stars for balls-out toughness, but lazy lining materials.
on January 4, 2009
i'm a commercial electrician who does alot of walking and was looking for something lighter and more comfortable than your typical boot. i found these and bought them. they are the most comfortable work shoes i have worn. i would have given them 5 stars but for the price they didn't last as long as i would have liked. after a year they really started to fall apart i managed to get another 6 months out of them but they now have big holes in the sides where the steel toe stops. the soles are holding up nicely though. all things considered i will buy another pair because they were so comfortable.
66 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2010
I'm in the construction industry (Millwrights), I'm 6'4", I weigh 360lbs, and I'm wearing a pair of 15D's. I really like these shoes. I can't say much yet about long term durability yet, as I've only been wearing these for about 5 months now. But these are definitely the most comfortable work shoes I've ever had. They're relatively light for steel-toe shoes and they're cushioned inside like high quality sneakers. I recommend these to other big guys I know.
on June 4, 2010
I am now on my second pair after running my first into the ground after 2 years. These are the most comfortable steel toe shoes that I have ever owned. No need to break them in or get use to them. Other brands can't compare in style and comfort (I've tried Wolverine, Worx, Cat and Converse). The only down side is the construction on certain areas doesn't quite hold up to heavy abuse, but will last long enough to get your money's worth.

I had to replace them do to tearing at the seems in the steel toe area, rubber toe separating and the back heel padding being nonexistent (mostly my fault for being lazy and sliding them on and off). But these shoes paid their dividends in protection and comfort, so I had to buy another pair.

I give them 5 stars due to the comfort and protection. I am not going to knock them down for my constant abuse. They lasted a solid year before starting to show signs of wear and tear.
on November 24, 2010
Happy with this purchase, ordered on a Sunday and recieved them on Tuesday. Very comfy shoes. Not exactly ideal for indoor use as other reviews have stated. The tread almost makes it look like your wearing some athletic cleats. I am sure on dirt they are perfect, but I use them on a cement shop floor and while very comfortable they seem to slip around a bit in water. The descriptions says its slip and oil resistant but apparently they are not oil-slip resistant. Nothing is stated on the sole of such slip resistance. Not suggested for automotive mechanic.
on May 8, 2016
I purchased these for my husband. He does a lot of walking on his job. He was buying $150+ Red Wings that looked like a year old pair of shoes after 3 months and they wore out within 6 months. He has worn the Timberlands for 6 months now and they still look decent and he says they still feel great on his feet. We just purchased a second pair so he has a extra.
I've included a photo, sorry they are a little dusty, but as far as the materials, they are still in excellent shape!
review image
on July 21, 2013
The fit of the shoe was perfect to size, the shoe squeaked when walking and the insole was very thin. The listing was 24/7 great feeling for your feet. The shoe would of been great if it had a insole that was as listed.
on January 20, 2014
I was worried ordering these that the top strap that laces goes around would not hold up and usre enough over half a year of full time use every single one had busted off.

I was able to easily solder a hole through the remaining party when this would happen. This allows you to still keep your foot secure since going without the top laces is not viable but the tongue is not properly supported and leads to greater wear over time.

At first these shoes were great. They are light weight and comfortable while meeting steel toe requirement. It's got solid grip and I received a lot of compliments for them however they do not last overtime.
on May 13, 2013
The best steel toe shoe I've bought for work so far. I've gone through maybe 7 pairs of steel toe shoes. I'm 25 now and fairly heavy for my weight. I usually tear up shoes really easy at work. I work 10 hours a day at the airport so I do a whole lot of walking, bending, standing, and heavy lifting. I'm very surprised how light these are. They almost seem lighter than my running shoes! Very breathable as well. A lot of room to wiggle my toes around. I just bought these so I couldn't say for sure how long these will last me.
The last pair of shoes I had wore me down at the end of the day. Back hurting and feet aching to where you wanna go home and rest. Once I got off work after wearing these though I felt I had more energy to do more things afterwards. Surprisingly comfortable even without Dr. Scholls or whatever comfortable foot inserts. The look of them really makes you wonder if these are made for hiking because they have a lot of tread on them. These might be a little expensive for you, but I guarantee you get your moneys worth. I definitely recommend these if you do a lot of walking and standing. 5 stars.

It's been over a month since I purchased these and they still feel brand new to me. I can definitely tell my back has improved and the girlfriend has noticed I'm not as grumpy when I get home so there's been improvement on both sides! I've noticed there's no wear at all inside the shoe and out (except for the bottom of the shoe of course). I also forgot to mention I'm on concrete all day so it's expected the bottoms will wear down a little more than usual. Overall if you've been browsing for a comfortable, breathable, light, and durable steel toe shoe these are it. BUY THEM! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

I am finally retiring these bad boys and reordering another pair. They lasted me a little over a year at work and I'm very impressed of how well the treading had lasted. I will still use these veteran shoes for other uses besides work related stuff. I'm highly impressed. Thank you Timberland!
on April 1, 2016
I've worn these almost daily for almost 6 months so far. These are very solid shoes. No break in required. Besides wearing them for entire 10 hour shifts, I have hiked as far as 4 miles in them without a single blister or complaint. Very aggressive tread, and they feel like they'll last a long time.

Update 06/16:

After only four months the backs of the insides of these shoes are shredded. So these rather expensive shoes, with great tread and very sturdy construction otherwise, are just about unwearable now unless I want my heels scrapped raw. VERY disappointing for the money I spent on these.
review image review image