Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 10, 2015
Needed dress shoes for certain trade show occasion, yet I wanted a steel or composite toe for added protection. This shoe was the only one I could find that fits the bill back in 2013. This shoe is more comfortable than most of the dress shoes while provide adequate protection. After continuous full day use, I will usually need a foot rub with other dress shoes, not with this Timberland. I wears mine about 2 month out of every year, and it has been great, nothing really deteriorates so far. The awkward part is you can see the steel toe portion poking out on the left and right sides of the shoes a bit.
on November 10, 2015
You will love this shoes. I work in an office but we are required to wear steal toes as we manufacture with steel but all shoes were very bulky to wear with dress pants. This shoes are perfect for dress and casual, cant even tell they are steal toes and best of all it's that they are Super very comfortable. I bought 2 pairs last time because they are hard to find in my size.
on December 17, 2013
Good Shoes, somewhat clunky, looks a bit Frankenstein-y from above but from the angles other people will see them they're sufficiently sharp looking. They're a pretty ideal formal shoe for a wedding photographer who's tired of getting their feet stomped on during the Hora. My main gripe is that the tongue doesn't have anything to put the laces through, and hence can be prone to slipping out of position. Thinking of custom stitching something. Also the tongue is a touch uncomfortable even when in position, just a bit blunt where it meets the leg. Not a bad work shoe though.
on July 2, 2014
The treads are great and the shoe is comfortable for being a steel toe. The toe looks a little bulky, but not any more than you expect from a pair of steel toed shoes. They were broken in pretty quick and don't seem to scuff that easy. I work in a factor and do a lot of walking so comfort is important as well as a professional look. I liked them enough to buy them in brown as well.
on January 1, 2014
Roomy shoes, don't clamp your feet like some dress shoes.
Great for both office and industrial environment.
Good slip resistance....I once slipped and fell when wearing my old Caterpillar shoes...it felt like ice-skating when the ground is oily. This pair in comparison is much much better.
Additional composite toe protection (don't feel it when wearing). Meets most industrial safety footwear requirements.
For the ESD protection part.... I need this when visiting some of our electronics manufacturing plants. I think it's great for office if you get those frequent static shocks when open doors.
on May 17, 2012
First, they are designed as a work boot for a large sock, so if you are wearing with dress socks they run a bit large. I went down a half size, and the shoes are comfortably roomy. Beyond that, they technically meet all of the specifications, they have steel toe, the don't seem to slip, they conduct static electricity into the ground (what I bought them for), and they look OK. They are definitely cheap workmanship though. These are the equivalent of 40$ dress shoes, but happen to have a variety of extra features. They do what you need them to do, and they look OK with jeans and a suit, but I am not expecting them to last forever, and they look cheap.

1 Year Update. (I updated from 4 stars to 3 stars)

These shoes are physically in about the same shape as when I bought them, they could use a polish, but that's on me. No major deterioration, and I wore them almost every day for the full work day. Unfortunately, they no longer reliably pass an ESD conduction test. The first 6 months they passed every day no problems, but after about 6 months they started to have problems conducting, and I would have to "clean" them to get them to pass. At first if I just rubbed them on the carpet and they would pass, then it would take a wet cloth, and now there is no amount of cleaning that will make them pass. I still keep them in my office as steel toe dress shoes, but they only see occasional use.

I am pretty dissapointed, and will not be buying a new pair.
9 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 14, 2014
I've been buying Timberlands for many years so I knew to buy one size smaller. They run a bit big. I wear an 8 and the 7 fits perfect.
Shoes are comfortable to wear all day at work. I mainly purchased them because they are static dissipative. I work in the circuit board assembly industry which requires ESD footwear or foot straps.
It took a few days of wearing them before they would pass our ESD tester but they now work great.
on May 11, 2013
I have and still own two pairs of these shoes. I walk a 1MM square foot facility on a regular basis and these things are stellar and keep my feet from hurting on even the toughest of days. The stitching and soles are still in excellent shape after almost one year of usage. Other than some minor wear, they look just as great as the day I bought them.

That being said, my first pair was the brown version of these. Absolutely no problems. Then I bought this second pair in black (my wife says brown shoes, black pants is a no no...). The "flap" with the eyelets in it somewhat curls (nothing crazy and almost un-noticable). The problem is that it catches the hem of my slacks and has all but ruined several pairs of pants as it frays the hem. The brown shoes have never done this but the black pair is costing me pants. I don't think its a typical problem for the shoe style but this one pair is giving me fits. It has taken me several months to come to this conclusion.
One person found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on January 2, 2014
One of the best I've owned. Very well made, true fitting and very comfortable all day long.
The description does not say it has a steel toe, but it does.
One person found this helpful
on October 29, 2013
This is my second pair of these steel toed shoes. The fit well. Although they have a removable insole, I still use an insert on top of it. My feet get sore no matter what I wear. With the added insert these seem to be more comfortable and my feet don't get as sore.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.