BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 22, 2016
I work at a trash burning plant, our boots get covered in ash daily. The ash dries most boots out making them too tight, stiff and eventually crack. Many boots don't last 6 months. I've tried several other quality boots over the last 13 years and none of them hold up for even half as long as these. Almost everyone at my job uses only these boots and I tell all new employees not to waste their time with anything else. They are also unbelievably comfortable, right out of the box. No break in needed. I have never had a lace hook break off either, even with Kevlar laces. Other boots I use with Kevlar laces (because they hold up to the ash) the hooks eventually break off. These boots also have a nice tread that holds up very well, and that don't trap ash or mud like so many other boots. These boots also have support in the middle of the sole which means that the sole will not put pressure on the arch of your foot when walking up ladders.

I have a wide foot, size 13 4e. I buy size 13 normal width for these boots and never get chafed by the sides of the steel toe like many other boots I have tried.

This boot is also a great all around work boot, I have a pair that I wear at home that is several years old with no significant wear on it.
review image review image
11 comment| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2015
Been working in tube mill/steel mills for twenty five years and have been through the gamut with boots...as a penny pinching youth, I wore cheap boots from Wal-Mart and K-Mart; easy on the pocket but rather poorly made and ill fitting, esp when one is doing hard work on one's feet all day. But I made do, trying to save $$. I moved on, wisely, to higher end boots ala the Red Wings and Carolinas- and yes, these boots were and are indeed very capable steel toes boots (again, my line of work requires steel toes). I ended up regularly dishing out $160-$190 a pair and thought that was the required price to pay for boot that offered comfort, durability and safety. It was only a few years ago that I came across these boots...hmmmm..Timberland? Wasn't a brand that popped to mind when considering steel toe work boots, I thought- now gone through many a known brand (the aforementioned RW's, Carolina, Iron Age, Caterpillar, Apaches, and Wolverines....but considered "Timberland" to be a recreational boot. My curiosity was piqued)

Fast forward to three years later. I now make it a point to purchase only these, my size is 11.5 and I can order, sight unseen and they fit like a glove (er, or like a shoe :-D) right from the get go. I've never had a boot so comfortable- and this last pair lasted me a whole year, and I wear them daily and my job in the mill is active, rigorous and hard on footwear. I'm ordering again as I type (two pairs) as the cost is so reasonable that I'll flip em every six months now. Best $100 pair of boots you'll find. Highly recommended
33 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2017
I've never had to buy a wide size shoe in my life, and even the wide size in this boot is so narrow that it rubs on the outside of my little toe and is incredibly uncomfortable and annoying. I originally bought the medium width, wore them to work for one day and realized that they were way too narrow for my feet. I now have to send that pair back under the Timberland 30-day comfort guarantee, which takes up to two months for a refund. I bought the wide size and even they are too narrow and incredibly uncomfortable. I would not recommend this boot to anyone with even slightly wide feet, they will not fit properly.
on January 18, 2017
Works great for construction site visits and volunteering shifts once a month, things like that. Not super comfortable that I would want to wear them every day but works great and looks professional for what I need it for.
on October 31, 2016
The boot is well made but I've found a better option. The traction on this sole is extremely poor. They slip / slide terribly (including a slip on some ice in January which resulted in several broken ribs.) This motivated me to move on to the more-expensive-but-worth-it Wolverine "Glacier Ice" boot.
on April 18, 2014
WARNING If you're new to wearing steel toes - get steel toes one complete size bigger than you are used to and get thick socks, otherwise you will be in pain city, I learned this the hard way.
I usually wear a 10.5 or 11 wide, but I got these at 11.5 wide aka 2(e).
The price is about 50%-100% better on amazon then at my local shop and it's the same exact product.
Just get the shoe a little big and use thick socks , everyone else shopping for these already knows the deal. - also these are probably the most comfortable insoles ever devised, bar none. After 3 months of 12 hour work days with no days off the only thing that felt good at the end of my day were my feet.

Completely worth it.
on August 15, 2016
I love the boots. This is my second pair and the first pair lasted over 10 years of doing various trade work from climbing roofs and attics for HVAC and electrical work or going subfloor for plumbing to anything construction i.e. framing to being outdoors landscaping etc. The polyurethane midsole just one day started to break apart after starting to shovel into a patch of hardpan. Like I said it took over 10 years before that happened so I am just grateful the style is still popular and available. I personally hate finding something great that naturally just wears down over time and is unavoidable but when you look for a direct or close replacement, the craftsmanship and quality is just crap. The shortcuts manufacturers use nowadays to cut corners of cost seriously make for cheap and lousy version of a replacement.
on July 12, 2017
I work in the industrial electrical and electronics field. I just bought a set of these about two weeks ago and so far, everything is fine with the boots. They fit just as I expected them too (not too large or too small) and they were really comfortable right out of the box. I don't feel like they need any break-in period. I'll update the review if anything happens but so far, so good.
on April 10, 2015
--REVIEW FOR: "Timberland Pitboss 6" Steel Toe"

---------PROS
-Mine with comfy right out of the box.
-Even though there was a steel toe, the comfort was very high.
-Seems durable.
-Looks good
-I like the look and feel of the leather.
-Tightens up how I like. (doesn't slip, stay tight all day, and they don't come untied easy)
-Sole seems very durable.
-A lot more light weight than I expected but it still have a hefty solid feel.

------------CONS
-top side did rub against my ankle a bit, but for me, it was not enough to really bother me much at all...just make sure you wear long enough socks.
-honestly I can't think of any worthy cons to this boot.

---COMPARED TO IRISH SETTER BOOTS?
I own 2 different pairs of Chinese irish setter boots.......... and I think the timberland AND irish setter boots are both great in their own ways.
The biggest difference to me is the irish setters have a more oiled and more flexible leather in my experience. (whether that is desirable is up to your opinion)
Both great, it just comes down to personal preference.

-----------------------BOTTOM LINE-
-Boots seems durable and feels like a quality boot.
The comfort surprised me A LOT for a steel toe boot.
Only time will tell if the boot will last a long time.
If the boot falls apart I will definitely come back and update my review.
on August 31, 2016
I have been using Timberland Pro Steel Toe boots for the last 6 years at my job and they can really take abuse. They are also very comfortable (8-12 hr work days) even with the soles starting to breaking apart. I probably walk 6-10 miles a week in these boots and they last bare minimum 1 year. Best part is that I take my worn pair and use them for yard work and they last another year easy. I couldn't be happier with these boots and they are priced very well for a size 15, which is hard to find in steel toe.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.