Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 2,600 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,772 reviews
on February 22, 2016
I work at a trash burning plant, our boots get covered in ash daily. The ash dries most boots out making them too tight, stiff and eventually crack. Many boots don't last 6 months. I've tried several other quality boots over the last 13 years and none of them hold up for even half as long as these. Almost everyone at my job uses only these boots and I tell all new employees not to waste their time with anything else. They are also unbelievably comfortable, right out of the box. No break in needed. I have never had a lace hook break off either, even with Kevlar laces. Other boots I use with Kevlar laces (because they hold up to the ash) the hooks eventually break off. These boots also have a nice tread that holds up very well, and that don't trap ash or mud like so many other boots. These boots also have support in the middle of the sole which means that the sole will not put pressure on the arch of your foot when walking up ladders.

I have a wide foot, size 13 4e. I buy size 13 normal width for these boots and never get chafed by the sides of the steel toe like many other boots I have tried.

This boot is also a great all around work boot, I have a pair that I wear at home that is several years old with no significant wear on it.
review image review image
11 comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2015
Been working in tube mill/steel mills for twenty five years and have been through the gamut with boots...as a penny pinching youth, I wore cheap boots from Wal-Mart and K-Mart; easy on the pocket but rather poorly made and ill fitting, esp when one is doing hard work on one's feet all day. But I made do, trying to save $$. I moved on, wisely, to higher end boots ala the Red Wings and Carolinas- and yes, these boots were and are indeed very capable steel toes boots (again, my line of work requires steel toes). I ended up regularly dishing out $160-$190 a pair and thought that was the required price to pay for boot that offered comfort, durability and safety. It was only a few years ago that I came across these boots...hmmmm..Timberland? Wasn't a brand that popped to mind when considering steel toe work boots, I thought- now gone through many a known brand (the aforementioned RW's, Carolina, Iron Age, Caterpillar, Apaches, and Wolverines....but considered "Timberland" to be a recreational boot. My curiosity was piqued)

Fast forward to three years later. I now make it a point to purchase only these, my size is 11.5 and I can order, sight unseen and they fit like a glove (er, or like a shoe :-D) right from the get go. I've never had a boot so comfortable- and this last pair lasted me a whole year, and I wear them daily and my job in the mill is active, rigorous and hard on footwear. I'm ordering again as I type (two pairs) as the cost is so reasonable that I'll flip em every six months now. Best $100 pair of boots you'll find. Highly recommended
33 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2008
i wear these boots five days a week in my auto shop, and they are amazing. they start a little stiff, but after a day or two they fit perfectly. wicked comfortable, love the hooks on the top instead of holes or loops. great boot, highly recommended for anyone who needs some xtra pretection from their boots.
22 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2016
I'm an automotive technician and I was looking for a new pair of boots other than Wolverines (which are great but expensive).The first thing I noticed when I put them on was how much I liked the insoles, they feel like memory foam so I didn't feel the need to put inserts in them. I've read reviews complaining about glue rubbing them wrong and causing blisters, well, I must have gotten a good batch because I have no problem at all, no rubbing ANYWHERE and no design flaws. They are also very stylish and if I weren't purchasing them for work I'd honestly wear them as a fashion statement. They are true to size, definitely. Great for any labor intensive work, they will provide you with protection and comfort all day. The only con I have is with the tread, the material they used seems as though it will wear before the actual boot reaches its end life. I'm used to wearing boots so I've adapted to weight, and to me this is not a very heavy boot (I have the steel toes), some may agree some may disagree. Other than that great boot, very comfortable, worth the small investment, good boot for work, nice fashion piece; All I can really say is to buy them, you cannot go wrong.
on February 24, 2017
I bought a pair of these about 17 years ago and I loved them. They broke in well and held up to daily wear at a busy lumberyard, working both outside and in, during all kinds of weather. They spent most of the last 14 years in my closet due to a job change but I would still wear them occasionally. Unfortunately this past year the foam soles just disintegrated making them unwearable. I still needed a pair of boots so I bought another seemingly identical pair from Amazon in the same wide width my feet need. The new ones are serviceable but they definitely seem cheaper and not constructed as well as my originals were. One of the soles is even slightly (but noticeably) crooked where it attaches to the upper. And for a 2E 'wide' width they seem awfully narrow, but my feet may just be used to my old broken-in boots and the hiking sneakers I wear all the time now. That said, I'm still keeping them and I'm trying to wear them to break them in but I can't say I'm in love with them like I was my first pair.
on March 21, 2017
These boots are great but not perfect. They need to be replaced when the liner gets town up in the back and the heel reinforcement starts rubbing on the heel. The sole will also start to round off and delaminate at the back between the two different materials. I wore these everyday for a year and am almost a year into my second set. I polish with brown polish once a month. Everything has held up great and they are comfortable to wear for 13 hours a day everyday.

The only thing I don't like is that they don't breath at all and I pull a hot wet foot out of my boot at the end of every day but this is a compromise I'll accept because have a liner on the tongue that makes them water resistant to the top of the boot.
on April 10, 2017
My foot is 11.5 but i usually buy 12 in store becausw they rarely carry half sizes... Iam a big fan of timberland and have been wearing their boots for last 20 years... but this is my first time going for PRO series and owning an 11.5... i really liked them until i noticed the steel toe grinding into my real toes... I can tell if I walkes around more then a short while it would lead to painful outcome... other then that the boots wear really nice looking... it was sad i had to return because of the steel toe tightness... probably should of ordered the 12 like my gut said... never deny the fatness od truth AKA the fuel tank to my love machine...
on December 31, 2016
This review is going to sound a little unorthodox, but I got these for Christmas because I needed new work boots. I ended up wearing these to an EDM show (for some reason). For those that don't know, it's a bunch of loud music with a lot of walking, jumping, and standing. Right now I'm just rating these as the most comfortable boots I've ever had. They look amazing as well, stylish and casual. I will update this review as time goes on.

Update as of 3/17/2017 (three months later):
I've been wearing these daily for work (in the manufacturing industry) and they are by far my favorite boots I'll ever own. They've help up nicely and are still incredibly comfortable. It did not take much to break these in, although they are pretty flexible from the get-go. They don't strain my feet and the size is true to fit.
on March 28, 2017
It's almost been a year since I bought this pair and it's been through the harshest work environment and rain. I work in a pump room with a lot of moisture and damaging chemicals plus I ride my motorcycle in the rain at times and they're still holding up and solid. You can see that they've been roughed up but the quality hasn't degraded at all.

Very happy with these and will probably buy another pair.
on November 30, 2016
Good fit, but they felt less comfortable than the last 6 pairs I bought here, almost feels like these were made in a different factory than all the others I have purchased in the past. I hope it's only this one as I buy 2 pairs of these per year, minimum. Also, a thread on the front of the right boot going in and out of the sole was very loose and noticeable right out of the box. Sorry for the dirt on my boot pic!
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.