Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

I had never worn Timberland boots before these and they are the most comfortable fit I've found in any price range (and I've had them all). They provide some much needed support in the ankle area especially and are remarkably easy on the foot after 12 hour days standing outside doing cable installation and fiber optic installation work. I'm a construction supervisor for a local cable company and I get a real work out both indoors and outdoors seven days a week (2 days on call - and they call - believe me). So far (two weeks) I'm very happy with them. I can't speak to longevity yet nor can I speak to how they'll do when winter comes knocking here in Colorado, but they've done fine on the tail end of it and they are waterproof because I've spent a couple of days in standing water already and come home dry. For me the sizing was true to range (10-D). They're light (remarkably so) but seem very well constructed and I like the slip resistant soles and heel that put you up higher than most boots in this price range. Overall so far I'd recommend them without hesitation and if that changes I'll come back and update this review and lower the stars.

Update April 1, 2015:

A year later and these boots are my go to work boots. They have worn exceptionally well with a little wear on the front sole and a couple of scuffs where I've dropped heavy objects to the front, other than that, they have certainly already outworn every other pair of work boots I've had in the past. Looks like I'll get at least another year of use out of them before I have to check again. I bought another pair of them and put them in storage because I don't want to come back in two or three years and find them gone!! That's how much I like them.

I'll be back in a year to tell you more...Lord Willing And The Crick Don't Rise...
on February 14, 2016
Ordered this Boots on may 13 2015, i am an operator, i work around heavy equipment. It's been 9 months using this boots on 8hr shifts for the most part. After 6 months the stitching on the sides of the boots wore off and water gets on my boots anytime i step a small puddle of water. the boots do feel comfortable, but after you get water on them, its another story. the bottom of my boots are still in pretty good condition. and the laces are still in great condition but overall the boots didn't last for me on that one part. Great boots but i do not recommend them to anyone in the heavy equipment industry. back to wolverine boots Timberland PRO Men's Rigmaster Steel Toe 8" WaterPROof Workboot,Brown,8.5 M
review image
on December 18, 2016
Second pair I've owned. Love these shoes keeps you feet high and dry at the job site just don't use these shoes to kick sharp objects it could punch a hole in water proof membrain of the shoe. The toe part could use a toe cap over it and it will fix the weak point in the shoe but overall this shoe is great for everyday at the job site. I like that it has pulls at the top of the shoe to help you get your shoe on and it's very comfortable I some time are on my feet for 12 hrs walking up and down flights of stairs and my feet come out of these shoes feeling like champs. Like I said loved these shoe so much I on my second pair.
on March 15, 2017
I got these boots 8 months ago on my feet 8 hrs + I work at a lime plant shoveling forklifting scraping opening hatches on trucks all outside work if u know about lime if it gets wet it boils boots have stood up to that. they keep my feet dry and warm broke in out of the box no leaks yet speed laces are awesome stylish very comfortable I where them at home too overall best boot I've ever owned a must buy
on February 26, 2017
I love these boots they are comfy right out of the box with no break in time what soever! I am a motor man on a Drilling rig so these boots get abused everyday. In the conditions and and places I have to put my feet in sometimes for hours at a time I really couldn't ask for more. The leather will wear out and crack away from the toe area but I don't know what is in these boots but they have not leaked yet my feet are always dry even after standing in water, mud, or you name it at the end of the day. I will and have bought these boots again and again!!
on April 25, 2016
I work on the railroad and I've been through the Endurance 8", Titan 6" and RipSaw logger boots. They were all good boots, but they all had shortcomings. I like timberland's focus on comfort, so i wanted to stick with the brand.
The 2E endurance wasn't wide enough and took a while to bed in and be comfy. Also, the lack of insulation or waterproof membrane made it a fair weather boot only. That's a no go on the railroad.
The titan was a great, comfortable boot with decent insulation, but the sole wasn't aggressive and not only did i slip everywhere, but it was so soft you could feel the point of every rock you walked on. It was also hell on ladders after a while.
The Ripsaw was big, cumbersome and heavy, but warm. Biggest problem? No durable leather on the toe cap, which split open after five months of hard use.
Then i found the Rigmaster. It's addressed just about every flaw mentioned above. The flexible shank makes climbing ladders or waking on ballast a lot more comfy. The boot is very lightweight and the waterproof membrane is what i need. I also love the guard on the back that bounces items off your achilles tendon and the speed laces that help with getting them tied up.
I do wish there was a bit more insulation, but then again i can wear these all summer without being uncomfortable and still use them in upstate New York winters, if i add thick wool socks. (Plenty of room for that.) I'm usually an 11, 4E and yet the 2E boots fit with good room in the toe box, without feeling floaty.
Timberland advertises these boots for the oil and gas industry, but they're perfect for the railroad, where you'll walk on ballast all day and deal with oily mud, or climb towers.
A year to the day after buying them and there's no ripped leather or broken parts. They're as durable as I'd hoped and it looks like I'll wear the soles out before anything else... which is exactly how a boot should be built.
No Goodyear welt means i won't resole these, but at the current $127 price, that doesn't exactly break my heart.
I'll definitely buy these again. There's no need for me to try any other boots at this point.
on December 12, 2017
I loved these boots. I had originally ordered a pair that lasted about a year and a half, I hate shoes, so that's all I wore, even on weekends. As I said, I loved those boots. Ordered two pairs thinking I'd get the same boots, they looked great. ONE month and the treads wore through. If there were a light rain, and I happened to walk through a puddle, my feet were soaked. Last time I bought these boots I couldn't read the label to see the size, because they lasted so long.. This time, they wore through so quick, I could see the entire label. "Made in Bangladesh."Never again.
on April 30, 2016
I have worn Timberland PROs for quite sometime and these are the best I have owned. The 8" are tall and come up to about the start of my calf so I had to buy some long socks because the boots were rubbing my legs. At first the boots are a little warm, especially when the sun is hitting them but since I have broke them in over the last month, I don't even notice them. I work in a dirty environment so there is alwaus slick and uneven surfaces and they handle just fine. The best thing I have found about them is walking in tall wet grass, your socks won't get damp because of the weatherproof membrane. They are a little pricey for the working man but they are worth the money for the quality.
on October 15, 2016
These are some of the best boots I've ever worn. I have put them through some serious abuse working as a landscaper and wore them very frequently since I bought them almost exactly 2 years ago, and they are still wearable even now. They are very comfortable on or off the pavement. My feet never hurt me when I wore these boots, even on long commutes through the city or paved streets. If you don't want to sacrifice style for functionality and durability these are the boots for you.
on September 19, 2016
Excellent boots! They were comfortable and fit as expected. The ladder grips were amazing as I climb ladders to reach tall fermentors everyday. I would recommend that if you expect your boots to come in contact with harsh chemicals, I don't recommend these boots. I'm a brewer/cellarman and frequently have my boots washed in caustic or acid solutions which can eat through the leather portions of the boots if not treated daily. Otherwise, they are fantastic and very comfortable. They never slipped even on the slickest parts of the brewery when wet.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.