Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 11, 2010
These boots are fabulous! I live in Buffalo, NY and with all of our snow I needed something warm and weatherproof. These boots are both - and extremely comfortable, once you wear them for a little while. My only suggestion is that if you aren't sure about which size to get, order up a size. They are a close fit, especially on top of the toes. If your feet get claustrophobic, you may not like these.
on January 2, 2011
These boots are awesome, hands down! All the reviews say to order up a half size but I ordered my normal size and they fit perfectly. A friend of mine ordered her normal size, too which happened to be a half size up from mine. Tried them on and they feel too roomy in the toe area. You should order your normal size, they are true to size in the length of the footbed but the leg may feel a bit snug. That goes away after wearing them for about 10 minutes - and with the laces it's totally adjustable so that works perfectly. Get your normal size, you won't be disappointed.

As for everything else - this boot is awesome. Wore them to shovel tons and tons of snow after the recent blizzard in NY and my feet stayed 100% warm and dry and comfy.
on March 5, 2011
I spent several months looking through stores for a decent pair of waterproof snowboots with good traction and not covered in tassles and fake fur and easily damaged suede. A pair of boots I wouldn't have to replace every year because the uppers were falling apart and the tread had worn away. And, ideally, a pair I was not going to spend two hundred dollars on. The stores failed me.
Turning to the internet, I vacillated between several shoes before settling on these, primarily based on the reviews. They are everything I hoped. I liked that they are lace-up, because I have skinny ankles that tend to wobble around in boots that can't be adjusted. Listening to other reviewers, I bought a half size up and they fit perfectly, with no need to break in. The shape is sufficiently roomy enough for thick socks, but they're warm enough that I don't need them. The contoured footbed is supportive without wanting inserts, and the lining is thick and comfortable. This one may just be me, but I'm delighted that though they don't have zippers I've been able to slide them on and off, which is fantastic.
Since getting them I have tromped on slush, snow, and ice without slipping, and the coloration (I got wheat/oatmeal) will make any salt stains less glaring. I expect to have these boots for a very long time.
on January 25, 2013
I've had these for a few months now and I live in Boston, MA. These boots are very warm, durable, and look great!! Like other reviewers said, you should buy a half size larger than what you usually buy because of the faux fur inside. Definitely worth the price.

UPDATE: It's February 2015 now and I no longer use these boots after buying them in 2013. I've worn them pretty much every day during the winter of 2013 and the faux fur inside was not very durable; it peeled off in the ankle areas leaving the exposed lining underneath, which cut up the back of my feet when I walked. They only lasted me one winter (a few months) and that's it. I would recommend not wearing them every day if you want them to last awhile. I live in New England still so these don't hold up for me. At first I gave these 5 stars, now only 3.
on November 28, 2011
I love these boots. I am a size 10 sometimes I can go down to a 9 1/2 or up to an 11 depending on the maker of the shoe. I was looking for a great boot but because I don't like to guess sizes and always trust in reviews often time I will go check it out then go home and look for the best savings online and thats what I did here. I went to Timberland Shoe Store at the mall to try these boots on. Yes people are right they are tight/snug but the sales girl had told me when you wear them around for they will loosen up (she had been working for Timberland for 8 years I think she would know not to mention she had these same boots on). So when I got home I ordered the 10 and I'm glad I did. Yes they are snug but in one day of wearing them the did loosen up. Another thing she had told me was that if you go to big sometimes you can't tie them as tight as they need to be and that is how peoples feet get wet and snow gets in. Just something to consider when thinking about buying these. She said all to often people say they are snug b ut winter boots sould be some what snug so they keep your feet warm dry. Anyways if you want real answers I suggest that you try them on at the store but I am just telling you what she women at Timberland had told me. I hope this helps. These boots go for $200 at Timberland and NYC Shoes was selling the same things for $112.00 great deal. Super Cute, warm and comfy too!!! ;-) Happy Holidays
on January 20, 2011
Always had trouble with cold weather boots, I'd find they were too heavy or clunky and annoying to move around in. But then these boots came along and I very grudgingly ordered these, because the snow in NYC was getting ridiculous (for NYC..). Not only are these waterproof but they're real soft inside and MUCH lighter than you'd think, with them so rugged. It's much lighter than my other cold-weather boots and they're much tougher and warmer. These things are WARM. No heavy socks needed here, folks. In fact, I'd order a good full size up because the lining is VERY SNUG, which in my opinion is a plus, since I can be sure my toes will always be toasty in them. This was the best $150 I ever spent.
on July 26, 2014
I just received these boots in the mail today and they look better than the picture!! They are comfy and super warm. After taking it for a test walk, I found them comfortable and manageable for the most part. The only downside is the fitting; it is a little small. I ordered them half a size up (i usually wear a 5 1/2) to 6 but it seemed a bit tight at the toes when I first tried them on. Although, i didn't have any complaints when I walked in them. I did not feel any discomfort. I even wore them with one pair of regular socks. My only advice would be to order one full size up instead of half a size up if you plan on wearing thick socks with them but wearing socks probably wont be necessary. :)
on December 6, 2012
These boots are cute and comfy. I'm a full time student and need to walk at least 15 minutes just to get from my house to class on any given day, wind, rain, shine, or snow. I haven't had to test them out in snow yet. They're comfortable and surprisingly breathable (not something i usually think about with boots, but it occurred to me the other day when I got home, took them off, and found that my feet didn't have that gross sweaty feeling of being in boots all day - the weather wasn't particularly cold that day either). They're easy to put on and take off once you adjust the laces to your liking. I have somewhat narrow feet so I haven't had the problem with the toe box that other have had. I also ordered the boot at my usual size and they fit fine, even with socks. Again, I have narrow feet, so, keep that in mind when you read this.

One issue I had with these boots is some discomfort where the rubber meets the boot in the back of the left boot over the achilles. The rubbing has diminished somewhat over the last few weeks, but I still feel it a little. Only the left boot had this issue. The right one is fine.
on December 8, 2013
I get cold feet something terrible and I need tall boots to withstand all the hours I spend in the woods, wetlands, and other areas either related to my wildlife bio classes or collecting specimens. They're very comfortable even a whole year later, with fairly minimal wear on the outside considering the rocks/sticks/etc. My only sadness is that wearing them every single day, snow/rain or not, has worn down the sole more than I'd like. They'll probably last another year before I need to either have them resoled or get another pair. If they can be resoled I see them lasting several more years easily. If you're less hard on your boots they may last an exceedingly long time.

I wear a size 5.5 womens and ended up ordering size 6 boots. Normally size 6 is just plain too big, but these are only a bit big and a good pair of boot socks makes them perfect. So they do run slightly small. They are indeed waterproof and are my favorite shoe on wet days; tuck your pant legs into the tops and you'll stay perfectly dry even in a driving SC rainstorm or deep snow.
on September 16, 2011
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these boots!!!!! I first purchased these in black in my regular size which is a 9 and they fit good but I can only wear thin boot socks with them ~ after a few wears the lining in them did ease a little (very fluffy) and are perfect now....I have had them a year and they have been awesome for the winters here in Ohio!! They have kept my feet warm & 100% dry!!!! I have even ventured out in these with no socks!!!I recently ordered them in the brown but got a 9 1/2 instead of the 9 and they fit great with my thin or thick socks!!!I would recommend sizing up as they they do run a little small do to the lining in them being so fluffy. I also have a narrow foot and they fit me perfect so I am not sure if my foot was wider if these would be as comfortable? I just ordered these for my girlfriend for her birthday ~ can't wait for her to have them for her walks with her Boxers this winter :) Thanks Timberland for an awesome winter boot!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question