Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 331 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 370 reviews
on September 12, 2013
Some of the reviews were confusing as to whether or not the boot would be a slim fit or not. I have small ankles, small calves, and a normal size 7 in shoes. My other boots (just ankle tall work boots) are a 7 (USA) and they fit fine. I ordered these in a 7 after reading many of the comments. I would say that I agree with the buyers who said it fit SLIM or SMALL and that if you are a wider size in your ankle,calve, or foot that you may want to go a half size up from your regular size. If you have wide ankles or very muscular calves-this may not be the boot for you. I know that leather will stretch, so my husband said to just break them in and they will form to my foot better. I would not say you could wear thick woolly socks with these.

Pros: Nice dark brown color. Real leather. Decent price. Thick rubber soles that have good traction. Comfortable arch support. very cute in person. Sleek and simple design. The heel isn't as tall as you would think from the pictures. It hits just below my knee bone, I am 5'4".

Cons: Slim fit(for some people) Narrow at the toe(for me, my foot is wide from heel to toe) Has more of a slim Western style to it than I thought in the pictures.

WARNING: It may just be me, but my box came in the mail absolutely demolished. I was worried that the boots were ruined it was so bad. The box had merely been slipped into a shipping bag and then my postal service put a "rain protector" bag over that. It was a severely poor packaging job. My boots have some water spots and wear marks on them, but I suspect that was from the seller. All in all, very bad mailing job.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2012
Thanks to all the reviews, I, who is 5'6" with normal size calf (13.75) and usually wear a 7.5 M for boots, got the 7 C/D and the feet/toes area fit comfortably. I did put in air cushions to tighten up the fit just a little. Honestly, the wide let me zip up just snugly with a pair of long skinny jeans; so the M would not have worked out at all. I don't know how much the leather will loosen up and stretch after a few wears; but even if it did, the fit should give me room to wear with the not-so-skinny jeans. The leather is nice and smooth but not flimsy at all, and I feel very solid and safe in this leather with the lining and lug soles. Even though the leather is already water resistant, I still liberally sprayed on waterproof sprays just to be double safe. My only complaint is that I was looking for a pair of tall boots - and while the description says this is a 15" shaft, it's only about 13.5". So, I am disappointed in this regard. I might buy another pair if it is indeed 15" shaft. But otherwise, this is perfect for winter weather wear, practical but stylish and safe at the same time, and I don't need to sacrifice my nice dressy boots. Highly recommended.
on January 15, 2013
I bought these boots back in October 2010. They have been in my closet unworn. I found them a couple of months ago and have been wearing them ever since. I actually forgot I bought them and had them. Anyway, they are extremely comfortable, fashionable and cute. I am a 6.5, but I purchased them in a size 6 and they fit perfectly. I have been wearing them with tights/leggings and different length skirts (mostly mini) and have been receiving a lot of compliments. I have several pairs of boots, but I keep throwing these on. My boyfriend even made a comment about them to me the other day; "boy, you sure like those boots." HA, well I do, and he does too. I just ordered them in brown and paid even less than I did for the first pair. I should be receiving them today! I hope they look as good in brown. I saw another cool pair by Clarks I am interested in. They are the "Clarks Women's Orinocco Step Motorcycle Boot."
on May 7, 2014
This is my second pair of Timberland boots I bought from Amazon. I knew the reviews said they were a bit bigger, but the 9 was my only choice. I have a 9 in another style and they fit perfect. These do run a half size larger than the others I bought. They have a narrower look so they do seem a bit big, but I don't care. They are very comfortable and they have a buckle to be adjustable at the top. I can fit my jeans inside them. I have a 14" calf.
These boots are better quality as they are a good and seemingly heavier leather and are lined inside. They are not a dressier, smooth leather but, to me they seem, more casual, wearable for everyday and all kinds of weather. I love these, as I do my other Timberland boots. The rubber sole keeps my feet dry unlike a leather dress boot or my cowboy boots with a leather sole. These cost a bit more that my other black TLnd boots, but being lined, this makes sense. Worth it :-)
on February 19, 2013
Because I relied on reviews before I purchased this product, I wanted to contribute with my experience.

I bought these boots in dark brown for a business trip to Prague in the month of February: I needed something warm, could handle wet weather well, and would be comfortable for lots of walking on cobblestone streets. I also wanted something professional enough to wear within the office, but also fashionable to wear after hours. These boots ended up working perfectly! I wore them every day, morning to late night, for several days straight, and my feet were never sore or wishing for a change in footwear. It rained over several days, and my feet were always dry and warm. I didn't get a chance to test them in snow, but the tread was so great I would definitely trust them in snowy and icy conditions.

These boots do fit a little strange around the foot. I wear a size 8.5 or 9, and have an average width and high arch. Based on reviews indicating they ran narrow, I bought the wide version of the boot in 8.5. I found the boots were still pretty snug even for the wide version, but oddly they were long and I had a lot of room in the toe box, even with thick socks. I almost wonder if I could have ordered an 8 instead, but the 8.5 was sufficient.

I'm an average size woman (size 8) but also have pretty developed calves (16"+ circumference), and finding boots is also a hassle for me. I was nervous about the opening, and they did end up feeling pretty snug, but it was tolerable. I was able to wear socks and skinny jeans tucked in. Only with really thick layers tucked in did the zipper start to fall because my calves are so large, but it wasn't a significant issue. The adjustable buckle at the top really helped. The boots hit me about 2" below my knee (I'm 5'6").

I would recommend others water-proof them if you're worried about water-spots or scuffs, although it's not necessary for overall performance of the boot. I like the weathered look (it leather even looks great with imperfections). Even with the few minor sizing/fit issues, I'm still very pleased with this purchase and definitely recommend these boots.
on October 14, 2009
** Update to below review **
Ended up ordering the C/D wide width and boy were they sloppy! The fit was bigger everywhere, not just in the toe box! The heel was slopping around on me and the calf circumference increased quite a bit. Decided to keep my B (medium width) and hope for the best ~~ so glad I did! Being a high quality leather, these stretched out and have become my all time favorite, go to boots!!! They are SO COMFORTABLE! I can put these on in the morning, go to church, go walk the mall, come home later and my feet feel great! If they are a little snug for your first couple of wears, just give them time and they should stretch to fit you perfectly. Best wishes! >^..^< Kat

I have been looking for a couple years for the perfect "with leggings and skirt" and "over skinny jeans" brown leather boot. This is almost perfect! I have skinny calves (13") so I was concerned about the circumference listed at other sites for this very same boot (here it is listed as 14 1/2" which is pretty accurate). This fits me well around the calf adjusted to the tighest fitting as the top buckle is adjustable. If you have larger calves, this may not be the boot for you. I have had to send back other boot styles due to the calf circumference being way too big; not the case with these. Even though there is a zipper, full length, on the inside, it is still a tug to get your heel and foot into them. The heel fits snug, but comfortable, plenty of room in the toe box but the width is pretty snug even with nylon type socks on. I was unsure about whether to order the B (medium, normal width) or the C/D (wide width). Wish now I had ordered the wide width. I have a pretty normal width, maybe just slightly wide, and the B was too snug for long term comfort so back the B's go for the wide width C/D's. The leather is beautiful - a more rugged nubuck finish. Even though some reviews state waterproof, I am spraying a protectant to be safe. These have the ability to be dressed up or down but don't expect a shiny leather, high class look due to the rugged sole and heel. My 2 year quest has finally come to an end!!! :) Enjoy!
on February 6, 2013
I had been looking for a pair of flat knee high boots for a long time and I finally found a quality boot that I can wear comfortably every day. As others have said this boot looks a bit more like suede than shiny leather, but it still looks like a high quality material. These boots are very comfortable and I can wear them all day without a problem. I am 5'6" but have a long torso and shorter legs, therefore these boots come right up under my knee. I've been an athletic person my whole life and have 14" calves and my calves fit comfortably in the boots even with jeans on. There is a buckle at the top of the boot that can be adjusted if you want the boots slightly tighter when wearing with tights or wider when wearing with jeans. I have a wider foot and tend to wear 8.5-9 shoes. I got 8.5 M and it fits perfectly. The widest part of my foot is right under my toes (I have bunions) and these shoes give my foot enough room. The boots fight a little tight over the top of my foot, but after wearing for a few days it feels like this part has adjusted to my food. I went for the smaller shoe size that I often fit into and it fits perfectly. There is room at the toe of the boot, and it doesn't feel like my toes are smashed in despite the slightly more pointed toe of the shoe. They are similar to riding boots, but check out the pictures, the toe is not rounded it is has a slight point to it. I had no problem with this, but if you are someone who doesn't like shoes that may make your foot look bigger this might not be the boot for you. All in all, these boots are high quality, comfortable, and so far seem to be very durable. I really like them.
on June 4, 2015
These boots have travelled around the country and out of the country with me. They are like my travel shoes. So comfy! My only maintenance is cleaning them and spraying with a waterproofing spray every so often and then taking them to the cobbler to get resoled because I wear them that much -- with bootcut jeans, skinny jeans, shorts, dresses, skirts.

The tread is fabulous. No slipping in rainy weather and they do pretty well in snowy weather as well. I love that they fully unzip so that you can get them on easier. I still have enough wiggle room in the shaft to wear thicker winter socks while being able to zip up.

Had you told me that they're Timberland, I wouldn't have believed you because they look nothing like the typical Timberland boots.

For me, the fit was just perfect. There isn't much arch support so I bought some insoles with support to put in them, plus they'd help slow the wear from the inside.

I may have to get a backup pair just in case...
on January 7, 2011
I read the reviews and was interested in buying this product. When it arrived, I was so excited because the leather was beautiful, even more so than in the picture because it had a slightly 'distressed' look that I love. However, the toes were about an inch too long (I ordered an 8 which is my size) and the calf was reeeeeally tight. It may have loosened with time, but there is NO way I'd be able to wear them over my skinny jeans. Also the ankle was really really loose and had folds of fabric that didn't look right(just because it wasn't tight enough there). I don't have 'athletic' or 'big' calves by any means...sure wish I could wear these, but I have to return them. =(
on May 28, 2014
I love the boots, except the fact that they run big. I usually get half a size bigger for boots not too suffer breaking them in and to have a room for thicker socks, but after reading other comments went with my usual size. But I didn't expect that they run that big! Half a size smaller would have been perfect. They ended up stretching a bit and now are too loose. I'm looking forward buying another pair soon.Great quality and style. My calves are not wide and I hate boots are are too loose around the calves. These boots are perfect for me. Look great with jeans.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.