Timbuk2 Showdown Laptop Backpack
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- A Super organized laptop backpack with quick-access pockets for your phone, cords, and cards
- Faux fur lined front pockets, to keep your phone and I gadgets safe
- Laptop pocket fits 15 inch MacBook and iPad
- Elasticized external side pocket for water bottle or U-lock
- Custom Timbuk2 print liner
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Showdown Laptop Backpack
A super organized laptop backpack with quick-access pockets for your phone, cords, and cards.
Faux fur lined front pockets, to keep your phone and igadgets safe.
Large main compartment fits books, lunch, and a light jacket.
Channeled airmesh ventilated back panel.
Custom-fit strap design for a truer, more comfortable fit.
Removable sternum strap.
Laptop compartment fits up to 15" MacBook Pro as well as an iPad in a separate pocket.
TSA-friendly laptop access; grab your laptop without taking off your bag.
Bottom compression straps for cinching.
Elasticized external side pocket for water bottle or U-lock.
On-strap bottle opener for party tricks and quick refreshment.
Vista loop for attaching blinky bike lights.
|Name||Showdown Laptop Backpack||Q Laptop Backpack||Parkside Laptop Backpack|
|Dimensions (in)||11.2 Width x 18.1 Height x 5.9 Depth||11.8 Width x 18.9 Height x 5.1 Depth||11.6 Width x 18.1 Height x 7.3 Depth|
Timbuk2 is a San Francisco original, founded 25 years ago by bike messenger Rob Honeycutt in a garage in the city's Mission District.
Since its inception in 1989, Timbuk2 has designed quality bags, packs, and accessories built to last a lifetime, evolving from the original bike messenger company to a pioneer of made-in-America customization and an industry leader in forward-thinking, sustainable manufacturing.
The relentless drive to inspire urban mobility, enable individuality and promote responsibility has propelled Timbuk2 forward as it continues fusing passion and style to create durable, functional products informed by the company's longstanding cycling roots and today's vibrant city landscape.
So, you like to compartmentalize - we don't judge. Instead we bring you this laptop backpack with multiple external pockets. Separate your gadgets from your peripherals, your wallet from your keys, your home life from your work life. Then use the side pocket to hold your U-lock and water bottle. Everything has its proper place.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
63 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-4 of 63 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
• Very well built. Double stitching on integral areas.
• Very comfortable. Doesn't seem to warm your back too much.
• 3 organizational pouches makes it easy to access specific things.
• Thick padding on the laptop compartment against the backside.
• Doesn't fit all 15'' laptops due to it's cradle preventing your laptop from making contact to the bottom of the backpack. So it's basically about 2'' from the bottom of the backpack, and it's just nothing in between. Bad design IMO. They should've just insulated the bottom with some type of a foam. You must have a low profile (slim) laptop to be comfortably able to take your laptop in and out. I have a ASUS ROG GL551 and it barely fits. I also tried my wife's Lenovo Thinkpad and it didn't even fit at all.
• Zipper stutters a bit. Maybe because it's still new.
• Small opening on the two small pouches on the right.
• It's really not white; It's more of a light grey/silver. The zipper liner on the laptop compartment is more of a gold/bronze rather than yellowish. To me, it's more of a PRO than CON; to each is own.
• Smaller (width) than expected. My wife uses the Timbuk2 Uptown which fits 15'' also, and fits her Lenovo just fine with some allowances. Again, this could be a PRO to someone.
Overall, It's a great backpack... For the price I paid for. I was able to purchase this back pack for only $58. I would not buy this over that price due to that fact that it doesn't fit all 15" Laptop. But if you a have a low profile 15" like a Macbook, then you should be good.
- Waterproof rubber on the inside of all the front pockets. Makes me feel much more comfortable about putting my valuables or electronics & not needing to worry that rain will ruin them.
- A lot of great functional pockets.
- Good back support, along with a strap that attaches across your chest.
- Love how the computer pocket is designed, and especially the adjoining fleece pocket that is handy for an eReader or tablet.
- Only one con, which is that I wish there was also a strap that could attach at the waist. This would make supporting any weight of the backpack much easier.
The bag looks more narrow than the typical backpack and that is true. I personally like it. If you are trying to carry three binders in the middle pocket then forget it. Two should fit if you stack them right. The different colored versions actually use different fabrics. The green one uses a faux leather material for the three front pockets, which does not match the material for the rest of the bag. The black version uses nylon materials throughout and is the one I settled on.
I am surprised that in all of the reviews, no one brought up the issue with the laptop padding. The front and back of that compartment are more than sufficiently padded, but the sides are not. So if something hard hits your bag from the side, there is nothing between that and the computer but the fabric of the bag. Now, that has never happened to me in twenty years of owning these laptops. But if you worry about your laptop tumbling down the side of a mountain, for example, then this won't be the bag for you, and the STM Impulse has better cushioning.