Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Timbuk2 Q Laptop Backpack
|Price:||$52.99 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$46.01 (46%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Covered by Timbuk2's legendary lifetime warranty
- Elasticized external side pocket for water bottle or U-lock
- Fully padded laptop compartment lined with quilted tricot fabric; soft yet secure (fits up to 17" Macbook)
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Q Laptop Backpack
Loved by students and office warriors, the Q is a mid-sized backpack with laptop and iPad protection and organization for all the gear that entails. The front panel unzips to reveal a command center - full of places for pens, cords, cards, and keys. A bottom zip pocket provides a perfect place to stash the dreaded power brick, and a roomy internal pocket provides ample room for a sweater, headphones, or change of shoes. Finally, the Q's legitimately comfortably straps and ventilated back panel will keep you looking fresh and ready to rock, even when you'd rather be retired.
Front zip pocket for small bits.
Large main compartment for books, jacket, and other carry-on essentials.
Secure zip pocket for cables, earbuds, stylus, cards, cash, etc.
Smart power brick pocket remembers where your cords are so you don't have to.
Tricot-lined floating pocket protects sunglasses or smartphone.
Channeled airmesh ventilated back panel.
Custom-fit strap design for a truer, more comfortable fit.
TSA-friendly laptop access; grab your laptop without taking off your bag.
Elasticized external side pocket for water bottle or U-lock.
On-strap bottle opener for party tricks and quick refreshment.
Reinforced grab handles on all sides for and easy heave-ho.
Vista loop for attaching blinky bike lights.
Fully padded laptop compartment lined with quilted tricot fabric; soft yet secure (fits up to 17-inch Macbook).
Padded front pocket offers protection for iPad mini or other small electronics.
|Q Laptop Backpack||Parkside Laptop Backpack||Spire Backpack|
|Max Device Size||17" + iPad||15"||15"|
|Dimensions (in)||11.8 Width x 18.9 Height x 5.1 Depth||10.6 Top Width x 11.6 Bottom Width x 18.1 Height x 7.3 Depth||12.4 Width x 18.7 Height x 5.1 Depth|
Timbuk2 is a San Francisco original, founded 25 years ago by bike messenger Rob Honeycutt in a garage in the city's Mission District.
Since its inception in 1989, Timbuk2 has designed quality bags, packs, and accessories built to last a lifetime, evolving from the original bike messenger company to a pioneer of made-in-America customization and an industry leader in forward-thinking, sustainable manufacturing.
The relentless drive to inspire urban mobility, enable individuality and promote responsibility has propelled Timbuk2 forward as it continues fusing passion and style to create durable, functional products informed by the company's longstanding cycling roots and today's vibrant city landscape.
Our top-selling TSA-friendly laptop backpack.
What's this bag all about?
Our smallest pack, the Q is a cleverly designed daypack for students and commuters. Swing Around access makes it easy to dig without take off your pack and the built-in laptop compartment protects your machine. Front panel of organization is your command center on the go.
Our top-selling laptop pack with easy swing-around access.
Ventilated back panel to give your back breathing room.
Will Your Laptop Fit?
Timbuk2 was born in a San Francisco garage and raised on the backs of hard-working bike messengers. Since 1989, we’ve manufactured good-looking, tough-as-hell bags that you can truly make your own. Timbuk2 bags outlast jobs, relationships and sadly, even some pets. We work hard and play harder.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The most serious and popular complaint was with the laptop compartment, which was not suspended. If you dropped your bag or put it down hard enough you could hear your expensive electronics hit the ground. Now the compartment is partially suspended, protecting your valuables. The zip is also longer and more accessible and the lining is better.
2. In the previous version of the bag there was an awkward mesh zippy pocket in the main compartment. If you put anything in it binders and large books wouldn't lay flat. The mesh zippy pocket is gone and now everything lays flat. There's now a "hidden" sort of pocket for your phone or small valuables that hangs into the main compartment (not in the way). I love it and use it for my work keys but I wish I could fit my phone in it (galaxy note 3). Phablet users get no love!
3. The flap compartment definitely seems roomier even though the bags are the same size and the organization is definitely better. They got rid of the key strap, which I am convinced NOBODY uses, and once again the lining seems a lot more durable than the previous version.
4. The front zip is much better now. In the previous bag no matter what you put in the front zip pocket it always ended up at the bottom of the pocket. In the 2014 version there is now a mesh "sling" sort of area at the top of the pocket. I keep a small notebook in the bottom and my headphones in the mesh sling. No more clumping!
5. On the previous bag the brick charger pocket had a wraparound zip that was really awkward and not easy to use. With the addition of the water bottle holder (which is awesome) that problem has been eliminated. The zip for the charger pocket is only on the front now and it's much easier to access and use.
Overall, I would say that every improvement the bag needed was made. It looks and feels more professional and durable. This 2014 version is really just perfect.
When the new Timbuk2 bag arrived and I tried it on, it was too big. The new boxy design looked oversized and comical on me. It seemed much larger than my previous version. The pluses: it had loads of storage and it was stylish, but not on me. It was also more than I needed to carry a 13-inch laptop and charger to work on public transit.
If you're over 5'11" and carry a 15-17 inch laptop, this might be perfect for you. I returned mine and ordered an Everki Studio backpack (almost 3 inches shorter) and it's perfect.