- Our Classic Messenger Bag with massive functional upgrades.
- Durable ballistic nylon exterior.
- Bondage (colored trim) styling adds a little pop to your messenger.
- Waterproof TPU liner.
- Laptop love-glove is studded for intense laptop protection.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Timbuk2 incorporated user feedback into the D-Lux Messenger to create a laptop messenger that works on and off the job. The contrast binding lets you be you without yelling it out loud (from the top of the conference room table). Upgraded features mean safer, more comfortable portage for daily rides on and off the interweb. Features include a vastly improved cam buckle, side-entry Napoleon pocket, color-coordinated, three-zipper front organizer, and slim, studded laptop sleeve for your computer's protection. All in favor? Aye!
Timbuk2 incorporated extensive user feedback when designing the D-Lux Messenger bag, in an effort to craft a laptop messenger bag that works and plays equally well. Contract binding adds a distinctive yet understated touch, and upgraded touches include an improved cam buckle, side-entry Napoleon pocket, color-coordinated three-zipper front organizer, and slim, studded laptop sleeve.
- Classic Messenger Bag with full-scale functional upgrades
- Durable ballistic nylon exterior with waterproof TPU liner
- Laptop sleeve is studded for intense laptop protection
- Memory-adjust True Fit cam buckle eliminates daily fit adjustments; simply un-click cam, put bag over your shoulder, and lock cam back in for a perfect fit every time
- Three-zip front organizer with color coordinated zippers helps you remember what goes where
- Napoleon side entry pocket allows you to grab your cash and keys without opening the messenger flap; zipper closure keeps goods safe
- Internal slash pocket against back wall of the bag provides a padded, firm place to store files and laptops, with or without the case
- Improved Velcro placement along top of the messenger flap and sides of the front panel ensures easy opening and closing
- Modular internal organization for customized storage of gadgets, gizmos, and assorted essentials; additional organizers and accessories easily strap in and out of the internal organizing system
- Compression straps on the bottom of the messenger for compressing or expanding your load
- Coordinating strap pad included
|Fits Computers With Dimensions Not to Exceed|
The Timbuk2 Quality Guarantee
Timbuk2 stands behind the legendary quality of its bags and accessories. If there's a defect with the materials or workmanship of your product, Timbuk2 will pay to repair your bag and send it back. If a repair isn't possible, a store credit will be issued for a replacement (shipping and taxes not included). If your Timbuk2 product is otherwise damaged in the course of normal wear and tear, you may not qualify for this warranty replacement. If your bag doesn't qualify, Timbuk2 will pay to send it back.
Born, bred and here to stay. Timbuk2 was born in a San Francisco garage and bred on the backs of messengers in the city streets, and the company still manufactures custom bags in the heart of San Francisco's Mission District. For 20 years, Timbuk2 has built bags and accessories for urban adventures with a simple philosophy--create good-looking, tough-as-nails bags you can truly make your own.
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B003389GRE
- Item model number: 117
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 8, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
The single large section with almost no organization took some getting used to, but now its easy to just throw everything in, and when I do arrange everything carefully to protect something like my camera, things stay where I put them because there is just enough form to the bag to keep it from collapsing when I pick it up. I re-engineered the shoulder strap a bit, as I didn't like the quick release, but it still works best when worn bike-messenger style across the body, although I tend to be lazy and just put it over my shoulder for short trips. (And don't tell Timbuk2, but I replaced the shoulder pad with a much more comfortable Crumpler Shoulder Pad.Read more ›
First off, it offers terrible laptop protection. Unlike the Commute, which has a corduroy-lined laptop compartment that's VERY padded on all sides, this model has some sort of faux-bubble wrap built in and no real padding. The only thing between your laptop and the ground is a bit of bubble wrap and a thin (I mean thin, we'll get to that) layer of canvas. It's clear that TImbuk2 expects you to use this messenger in combination with a padded laptop sleeve or something (ideally, a Timbuk2 branded one) and that doesn't make sense for a bag of this price.
Secondly, they skimped on the pockets to make you buy more of their "inserts." There's essentially velcro tabs on the inside of the bag to which you can attach inserts that are sold separately. It comes with a couple inserts with small pockets and pencil holders, but the useful ones are for sale on their site. Also, if you're like me you'll spend a lot of time looking for this "side zip" pouch that you can access without opening the bag. Turns out, this just means that you can angle your arm in very awkwardly if you must. It may be my fault for not knowing what a "napoleon" style pocket is, but they definitely oversell its usefulness.
Finally, the construction seems a lot cheaper than my Commute. It has the standard lifetime warranty but I don't really want to deal with sending the bag in eventually.
In short: It offers little to no laptop protection, Timbuk2 nickle and dimes you for real usefulness and its cheaply made. I immediately returned mine for a Commute 2.0, which is much better.
Has a padded slot for the ipad and keyboard. and plenty of extra room for other things i am playing with. am thinking of adding the cross body strap for when i go riding instead of stuffing it in a pannier, which it will fit in nicely by the way. I am also going to order the shoulder pad with the phone pocket in it, just for convenience, and the face that the phone strap is longer then the strap that comes with the bag makes it easier to use.
Timbuk2 has bonded with me..... again!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This bag is very well made. My only beef is the strap and humongous buckle. It truly is just too much. The strap could go double duty......if you needed to tow your car.Published on February 24, 2013 by Jayne Roth
I've had a Timbuk2 bag for the past 12 years that is still in great condition, however, I've tired of the color... Read morePublished on January 20, 2012 by Anjy
I am very happy with my purchase! The messenger bag fits my 13 inch powerbook perfectly. Thanks, Timbuk2!Published on June 19, 2011 by Yorkiemom