Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.99 shipping
Timbuk2 Uptown Laptop TSA-Friendly Backpack
|Price:||$90.66 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Covered by Timbuk2's legendary lifetime warranty
- TSA-compliant laptop access; send your bag through security without removing your devices
- Laptop compartment fits up to 17" MacBook Pro as well as an iPad in a separate pocket
- Large main compartment for books, jacket, and other carry-on essentialss
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Capacity Name||Up to 17"|
|Item Dimensions||19.7 x 8.7 x 11.4 inches|
|Item Weight||2.2 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||2.34 pounds|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: timbuk2 Uptown Laptop Back Pack 2014, Cobalt Blue, One Size
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||19.7 inches x 11.4 inches x 8.7 inches||19.7 inches x 13 inches x 7.1 inches||18.18 inches x 13.4 inches x 9.1 inches||19 inches x 13.5 inches x 8 inches|
|Item Package Weight||2.34 pounds||2.95 pounds||4.1 pounds||2.2 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
What I use it for:
daily bus commute to work, I usually carry iPad, 15'' laptop, gzillion cables, chargers, headsets, ... occasionally a jacket (even winter fleece jacket fits), and yes also coffee mug
What I was worried about:
1. the material feel thin and cheap. I was wrong, honestly it works great, I actually like how light it is
2. zippers feel cheap as well, but work, no issue there
What I love:
1. tons of pockets
2. laptop pocket - I used it 6x at the airports already, never had to pull my laptop out of the backpack - so convenient, yes people are jealous
3. shoulder straps - really nicely fit, this is probably the most comfortable backpack I used so far
What I don't care about but you might:
1. this is not waterproof backpack, I would not take it skying
2. it has no waist strap
3. it is not "tough" backpack, don't expect same material you are used to from messenger bag, this backpack is as light and simple as possible
Is there anything to improve: Well yes, there is always something.
1. I would love to see mouse pocket (yeah geeky stuff) and padded sunglasses pocket
2. Perhaps a bit less flimsy zippers.
3. true napoleon pocket (the existing napoleon pocket is sideways, but deep down and thus harder to pull stuff from)
small update a year later... the laptop still goes strong, I love it and use it every day! My CONS still stand, but they are really not that a of a big deal
This bag did not disappoint on these points, but it didn't quite meet 100% of my expectations either.
On to the good things:
- Great large(but not huge) bag for commuters.
- great compartment for laptop, and tablet (not pictured in amazon or timbuk2's website), located opposite of laptop in back pocket.
- Mid-back compartment is the large compartment where my books and notebook goes. large and roomy, about 5" to 6" of capacity there!
- Mid-front compartment is great for organizing cables and tech devices (it's a plus because it exists, but it also has it minuses).
- Front "pen" pocket is deep and has a useful zipped pocket for things like USB's and/or erasers.
- Napoleon pocket in front is very large and deep as well.
- Water bottle holder holds litter bottles without any strain. EXCELLENT!!!
On to the bad things:
- In mid-front compartment, there is a pocket that is about 6" deep (right below the mesh pockets) but it does not go all the way down. IT's good for a few things, but not file folders for example. The compartment is pretty deep, and here is where I store my 1TB Ext. HDD with case, my calculator, mouse, earphones, and power supply's to laptop and cell phone. It is roomy, but lack just a bit more organization.Read more ›
I have no doubts about the quality of this bag, it feels like it'll last years.
So this is the best I've found so far, but I'm going to keep looking for something that's a bit more rigid with some better internal organization for the stuff that I bring with me.
What I love about this bag is that, with all of that stuff, it is still feels comfortable on my shoulders, and fits perfectly under the seat in front of me on the airplane.
No reinforced bottom.
Straps thin and single stiched.
Ultrathin pack material.
Worst of all, the carrying handles are a joke. The thinnest single piece of nylon I have ever seen a pack. My 1990's Jansport made this feel like a glass egg!
At first I thought I was the victim of poor quality control, but even on the Timbuk2 site there are customers crying out for more durability on this pack! WAKE UP TIMBUK2!!
By the way, my strap broke at the bottom during my first trip to work. So it was really fun carrying my backpack around in my arms like a sack all day!
To give you an idea, it had a small 15" laptop, Ipad, a 1"binder, three pens and my car keys. I admit one of those pens weighed a few ounces, but come on! Seriously, the bag was no where near it's proposed weight or size capacity.
It's just really sad to see a grassroots company like Timbuk2 sell out to try and make a buck from the people who backed you from the beginning.
Needless to say, thanks to Amazon, the bag is going back and I'll never trust in Timbuk2 again. I can only hope you learn from my mistake and steer clear.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this bag. I used this bag for the first time as my diaper bag to carry on the plane this past weekend. Read morePublished 4 months ago by SLP
Very functional; great value. Would recommend to a friend.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
one of my favorites. hold a lot more than what it looks like. I travel on airplanes a lot with my kids and this is perfect to hold my electronics and all their needs.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
I should start by saying I don't have a laptop, but the iPad pouch had been wonderful. I love everything about this backpack. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Sarah Gardner
I think I will give this a 5.. I don't have a lot of backpacks to compare it too. I do think the zippers could be slightly better and it would be nice if the bottom was more patted... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Kathryn N. Mcnulty
I have been a life long Timbuk2 bag user. I have had had both the old and new styles from simple shoulder bags to beach bags. Read morePublished 10 months ago by LDW
Really like this backpack though it could use a couple of larger pickets to carry a power brickPublished 11 months ago by Melissa Zucal
TSA friendly, why did I wait so long to buy this? the backpack is light and has many pockets. there is great back support cushioning so you don't feel lumps or bumps on your back... Read morePublished 12 months ago by amazoner