Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Time Baroness (The Mistress Series Book 1)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on February 24, 2012
I just finished reading this book. It was enjoyable and I found myself coming back to it frequently to find out what was going to happen next. I always enjoy time travel, and especially the faux pas that people commit while in the experience. The book was good, the writing exquisite...the sex scenes were more detailed that I should have liked. I want time travel, not a steamy sex novel. Just my take on it. Definitely worth reading, but would not give it to a family member or certainly anyone under 18.
on April 23, 2014
I enjoy this author's books, and her approach in getting her main time characters there. it's a more complete way of entry into the time period and ability in exiting. Plus, an excellent historical fiction!!
on April 10, 2011
Dr. Cassandra Reilly is a classic Jane Austen heroine. Georgina Young-Ellis is more than a gifted storyteller, she casts a spell that takes the reader back to 1820 Regency England. The sights, the sounds, the textures, and the smells embrace you. I had to shake myself to remember what century this is as I clicked the last magical page of The Time Baroness.

The writing is exquisite. The story of a mother struggling to rescue her son in another century, in a culture where women were seen and not heard, is a very new spin on what we all hope is possible... Time Travel. Science fiction, mystery, a mother's love, and an almost eerie sense of Déjà vu. A spellbinding story from an amazing author. Highly Recommended.
The Time Baroness
on April 10, 2011
If you like Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series you will love this book. The author has created a fascinating world of time travel, with the future the past all intertwined. The historical setting and references really takes you to another time. I also enjoyed the sci- fi twist (more than I expected) and how it was wound up with the historical part. Great characters, and an engrossing plot full of twists and turns that takes you on a fascinating journey. A really enjoyable read. Perfect for summer and beach.
on May 29, 2011
The Time Baroness is a lovely romance with just enough sci-fi and gadgetry to satisfy a die hard Dr. Who fan like myself.

Cassandra, the veteran scientist and main character of the book, steps into Hampshire society shortly after the death of Jane Austen to study what the culture and society were truly like. She learns to her dismay, that it was all rather dull. A handsome bachelor moves into the neighborhood and makes her life a little more interesting, but nothing shakes up the complacent countryside like her son James who decides to surprise his mom with an unplanned visit from the future.

I love the way the author writes about her character's passions, especially the musical side of the story. It reminds me of the passion for the study of Greek in Tasha Alexanders "And Only to Deceive."

All in all, this author pulled some of my favorite styles together for a satisfying read.
on March 25, 2012
This book was fun and entertaining to read. I liked the aspect of the travel back in time. It was fun to read about the two different times. The reason that I give it only three stars is because I didn't care for the sexual references. They were not overly graphic, but still a little too much for me. If you prefer clean books, this one is better than many romances, but still not clean. I prefer books that can stand on their own with no descriptive sex.
on August 30, 2013
Great read, clever idea, well executed. An author worth following in my opinion. Hope to read many more from her!
on February 22, 2013
I just couldn't get through this book, which is highly unusual for me. While the concept was interesting, the story itself lacked interest. The main character quickly gets back in time, so we don't read about her struggles to time travel, or her extensive background research. Instead we quickly find ourselves in England of Jane Austin's time. And then, NOTHING HAPPENS. Really. Even the main character is bored - it says so right in the book. By the time the love interest is introduced, I don't care any more. Sorry. I tried, but I just couldn't finish it.
on February 20, 2013
I'm in shock, did I read the same book as the others. This was one of the worst time travel books, the writing was soooooo boring, I quit reading last night rolling my eyes, I thought "Realllly?" this book is just flat! Try it if you want but be warned.
on April 19, 2012
This is a new-to-me author and while I enjoy reading a time-travel romance, this one was a bit outside of my usual choice. It reminded me slightly of Quantum Leap, a TV program I watched faithfully every week. The story is set in 2120 with Cassandra being the time-traveler taking part in a controlled time travel experiment being sent to a particular place and time in history. The object is to spend time there, passing as a new resident of the local community. Being a fan of Jane Austen, Cassandra chooses to travel back to 1820. The story tells of her experiences living in that time period. While the heroine did meet a man and later took him as her lover, there wasn't a lot of sex in the book and I wouldn't really call the book a romance. I have to add that by the end of the book, I didn't really care for Ben. His age was that of an older man and he seemed to be tied to his parents because of money, or his lack of it. To gain his inheritance, he would either have to marry or go into his father's business...he didn't want to do that. He wanted to marry Cassandra and for obvious reasons, she couldn't marry him.

There were a few rather interesting twists and turns throughout the story. I enjoyed the use of `gadgets from the future' that were plentiful throughout the story. But, I have to say I felt the story ended rather abruptly. I felt it needed at least an epilogue if not another chapter to complete the story and give me, as the reader, closure.

There were several editing errors and I thought the some of the language and conversation was stilted, hard to read and just didn't flow easily. I try not to count these things against a book when offering a rating. Overall, I decided to rate this book 3 stars. There is another book in this series that I have called `The Time Heiress'...I hope it is better written and a better story than the first.