- Paperback: 209 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (December 1994)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471310670
- ISBN-13: 978-0471310679
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.1 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,954,526 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Time Off From Work: Using Sabbaticals To Enhance Your Life While Keeping Your Career On Track
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Publisher
A practical guide to planning and implementing your sabbaticals using concrete suggestions based on instructive and often inspiring experiences. Discusses every step in the sabbatical process--ways of negotiating for time off, planning ahead financially and psychologically, managing family and social life, what to expect during the actual sabbatical, returning to the workforce or deciding not to return at all. Features the experiences of 50 people who have taken sabbaticals.
From the Back Cover
A sabbatical may be just the change you need. More and more men and women are successfully taking an extended break from their jobsa sabbatical. Once the exclusive preserve of academics, sabbaticals are revitalizing todays business world. Recognizing that the decision to take a sabbatical is a major step, Lisa Rogak mixes a wealth of practical how-to facts and advice with the real-life stories of over forty professionals detailing every aspect of the process. Whether you want the time off to travel, explore other careers, discover new interests, go back to school, stay with your family, do volunteer work, or simply slow down and recharge your batteries, youll find information on:
- Approaching your boss and negotiating the leave you want
- Turning your sabbatical into a career asset
- Determining your eligibility for the Family Medical Leave Act
- Financing a sabbatical creatively
- Preparing and planning to get the most out of your time off
- Troubleshooting a sabbatical thats not working out
- Adjusting to the workplace once your sabbatical is over
Browse award-winning titles. See more