Time Out Pad - Blue
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Simple to use pressure pad with built in timer helps parents monitor time outs
- Adjustable timer from 1-to-5 minutes
- Visual countdown and audio function
- Includes free positive parenting guide
- Suitable for children 2 years and up
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
One piece of advice thought. Your child may find this fun at first, mine did, therefore I made sure to explain what it was for and did not allow them to play with it. The novelty of it when it first arrived soon dissipated and they now do not want to be on the time out pad.
From a disciplinary standpoint, I give it 4 stars for the lack of option to re-start the timer versus pausing the timer. 3 minutes to sit doesn't seem like anything when you have to chase the kid around the house a few times and it winds up dragging out over 20 minutes.
From a technical standpoint, I give it 3 stars. The pad is TINY.Read more ›
It is battery operated, so I am expecting some annoyance when I have to replace batteries, but probably an A/C adapter would not be the safest alternative.
Our 2 year old sits on the mat and "serves" his 2 minute time-out so far every time without a problem.
Here are my issues with the product that keep me from giving it a 5 star rating:
Time outs are supposed to be given to children 2 or older, and given 1 minute per age (for example, a 3 year old should time out for 3 minutes), but the timer on this product ranges from 1 minute to 5 minutes. You should not give a 1 year old a timeout, so the timer should start at 2 minutes and probably go as high as 10.
The other issue is changing the time requires a coin or screwdriver. Maybe they did this to keep the child from lowering the time, but it would seem to me they could make it so once the time starts it cannot be changed by the child, but still make the switch easier to operate.
Overall I really like the product and it has worked wonders compared to trying to make them 'time out' without it. They really like the feedback it gives (visual and audible). And I really like that it stops counting when they stand up.
If I wrote this review during the first few weeks, I would have given it 5 stars. Ironically, the entire household was sad when this broken, kids included.
- Was excellent at managing a child's expectations. They understood how long they have to sit there and the lights help show progress.
- Nice police work! The sound tells us when they get up off it.
- Prior to this, it was pretty easy to "approximate" how much time went by before letting them out of time out. It wasn't always handy to have a timer near us. Now we can just send them to time out and they push a button.
- Wish it was easier to change durations. You need a coin to switch from minute to minute. Since we have multiple aged toddlers, instead of changing it to 4 minutes for my 4 yo to 2 minutes to my 2 yo, they both have 3 minute time outs.
- It broke after several weeks of use.
- This was awesome when it worked. However, the fact that it doesn't work at all now makes it useless to me. Sadly have to give it 1 star due to such poor durability.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this time out mat cause it has a timer and once the timer goes off they know there time out is done and over. And it so soft when the kids have sit on it.Published 8 months ago by Rose
Great item, Very Fast shipping and Very Nice to Deal with. Thank you!Published 10 months ago by Russ5000
didnt' work that well. Piece of Junk. My daughter wouldn't even sit on it.Published 17 months ago by Tonia
wish I could find another!!!! after contacting the company, these are no longer made :(Published 19 months ago by Melissa Sellars
Highly recommend this!!!! Excellent for behavior modification up to 7 yrs old!! Great productPublished 20 months ago by Kim
I got this because I was babysitting my granddaughter full time. She was very stubborn and nothing seemed to be working. I saw this and decided to try it. Read morePublished on February 14, 2014 by Kathy Lee Carman
I don't know why this is listed as a "toy" when I am trying to review it. I bought this years ago for my first son who is now close to 3 year's old. Read morePublished on June 6, 2013 by Ivy Peng
Obviously every kid is different and will respond to this in their own way - but I really think that the auditory and visual cues are great for explaining the expectations of time... Read morePublished on April 16, 2013 by kayell