Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Time to Plant: Southern-Style Garden Living
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 26, 2011
I have just received my copy of A Time to Plant. I have long been an admirer of anything James Farmer does but this time he has more than topped my expectations! The book is glorious!!
It takes me back to a kinder, gentler time when we all had time to spend with our grandmothers, garden and cook wonderful things. James Farmer has given me a breath of fresh air which isn't easy to come by at the end of another hot, humid summer.
I can't imagine anyone not just loving having this book on their coffee table where it will be easy to pick up and gather inspiration on what to plant OR cook. Thank you, Mr. Farmer!!
on August 17, 2011
I think this book is glorious. Can you be from the South and not have your life/book full of family? It does contain family recipes, and I just adore that part of his book. It's a coffee table book meet reference/inspiration -- meet cookbook. Full of real places and real "southern grown things" --I love it, and him. I will be giving as gifts.
on August 31, 2011
I just received this book and I couldn't wait to curl up with a glass of wine, and wander through the beautifully photographed pages of flowers, fruits and gardens. I'll try some recipes this weekend! This will be my go to book for holiday gifts. Well done James Farmer!
on July 1, 2012
This book is such a beautiful coffee-table book, but that is not the best part. The pictures are fantastic, but the text is so great for those of us who garden in this area and love to bring the outdoors in for beauty. It is easy to understand and makes learning fun! This is a great gift for anyone who loves flowers and entertaining - especially for yourself!
on May 3, 2012
Great book, speedy delivery, great condition, great price! Hats off to my fellow Georgian, James Farmer. Eager to read it's competitor, Tastefully Southern, at the end of the summer!
on January 7, 2014
Bought as a Christmas gift for someone who had interest in planting a more suibstantial garden but also had concerns of owning a "black thumb." The photos really sold me, but the content was what took the recipient and had her reading from cover to cover. Great information about how to plant both flowering plants and edible plants in harmony, and then use both to add to your home. A wonderful purchase for anyone with an interest in growing anything at your home.
on May 26, 2012
This book is wonderful! Far more than a great coffee table book (although it's perfect for that purpose as well), it is filled with beautiful photographs (many are up close of flowers, gardens, and table settings) and includes recipes, entertaining ideas, helpful step by step instructions, and a style of writing that feels like you're listening to a friend. Regardless of where you live, I think you'll love this book; but it's a "must have" for any southerner!
on August 10, 2012
this is a beautiful book. I purchased it for a beach house in SC but will wind up keeping it and buying a duplicate. The photos are lovely, and it is very well done. It would make a great gift for any lover of the south and it makes a great coffee table book
on December 26, 2013
One of the prettiest books around in the last several years. Very much looking forward to picking up his other books.
on September 13, 2012
Great condition fast delivery, now if I can just put it to good use,! But if not it will be a great coffe table book.