Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on January 22, 2017
This book was one of the most helpful books I used while getting my interior design degree. It has codes, ADA standards, and history of furniture and architecture. It's by far the biggest textbook I had to use in college, but highly recommend it for anyone who is getting their design degree, even if it's not required- it really is the only book you'll return to time and time again.
on April 19, 2017
great book for interior design. However, it kind of outdated for the working space!
on October 24, 2014
Having a hand in designing your own office? Buy this book. Does is matter if you are in a metric country or use feet and inches? No, it does not. Want to know how high the desk should be? Want to know how big the office should be? Want to know how big to make the circulation areas? Given the price of the fit out, this book with save you a bucket of money, even if you are a lay person. There are lots of books that just give you the vibe. This book gives you the measurements.
on January 10, 2017
A MUST have for all interior designers and interior architects! A big book of reference that has endless space examples and dimensions for every room possible (commercial and residential). If you don't have this book, get it now!
on July 2, 2008
This is a required book for anyone in Interior Design for a good reason: it has about everything, including the (many kinds) of kitchen sink. What I really can't stand about using it is the seemingly arbitrary indexing, scattered locations for information and nearly impossible to decipher graphics on some pages. I do not agree that it has much useful information on furniture styles: you'd be better off to shell out for Aronson's "Encyclopedia of Furniture" or Miller's "Furniture" and get right to what you need. The standard dimensions are useful, though, especially for space planning purposes. Don't be surprised if there is information missing in some cases, or it is outright incorrect. Be sure to cross-reference and here's another tip: make a cheat sheet for yourself for the pages you use most, tape it to the inside cover and go from there. The Index is a goose-chase. Why three stars? Because I think they can do better. It is time for a rehaul of the Silver Monster.
on March 1, 2014
Great book for interior design students but the picture quality is terrible and it is hard to read dimensions. I thought that buying the kindle version would make it more accessible since it is such a big book but I wish I had gotten the hardcopy instead.
on June 10, 2013
This is the interior designer Bible. Don't go to studio without it. This will help you plan and design everything imaginable. It is a huge book but well worth its price and weight. I highly recommend this book to any design student going into Architecture or Interior Design.
on June 25, 2010
I bought this book in college because it was part of my required text for my degree in Interior design. I have been out of school for 4 years and I still keep it at my desk or nearby when I am doing drawings. I recommend this book to anyone who is in the design industry. The details and information in this book saves the designer from having to go through multiple books looking for specific details.
on September 9, 2016
Son enjoyed this and is using it in his business
on May 9, 2013
If you are studying design this book will be your number one resource. Out of all the classes that I have had in an Associates degree, I can honestly say that this book has something that would have helped me with each class.