BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 26, 2017
It is interesting how the books that defy confinement to a single genre provide the most intriging premises. The Time Traveler’s Wife is neither romance, nor science fiction, nor pure fantasy. Henry, the time traveler, is the protagonist, with time itself as the antagonist. It is a man versus nature story told with new ideas. Points for originality.

My quibbles with the story are with Clare, the wife. Much of the story is centered on her, especially when her husband is traveling, yet her character seems underdeveloped. I kept waiting for something, some event, to endear her to me, but it was never to be. It was a missed opportunity that knocked a star from the review.

I’m still glad I read it. It is long, but even if you don’t finish it, the interesting ideas Niffenegger presents are worth a look.
on May 15, 2017
A riveting journey through time abounding in sensual color and vivid life. My heart strings were woven into the lives of two beautiful people who clung to hope and learned to live their lives to its fullest in the now.
on May 1, 2017
Loved this story, can't wait for the sequel. The images from the book stayed in my mind, and as I moved through the story I could not put it down. Compelling and very dear love story amid the problems of the practicality of popping through time unexpectedly.
on August 4, 2017
I just reread this for about the 5th time. It's such an amazing story. Niffenegger is a tough, but great, writer. As a person who doesn't like violence, this book hits my limit, but the amazing romance and the masterful writing make it well worth reading. The characters are fully fleshed and draw the reader in to the fascinating story.
on May 6, 2015
This is one of my favorite books. I have read it twice and I am sure I will read it again. I wish it was available as a kindle book, however, since it isn't, I purchased a paperback because I like to own a copy of my favorite books.
on October 1, 2017
I had such high hopes for this book and was disappointed. The first 25% of the book was interesting and kept my attention but after that it seemed to lag. When I got to about the halfway mark, I truly gave up. If I kept going it would have taken me nearly two years to read the book. Sadly, I will not be recommending this book.
on December 12, 2013
I. Freaking. LOVED The Time Traveler's Wife! When people asked me for book recommendations, TTTW was my go-to choice for about 5 years (once the film came out, I was a little less reticent to suggest this novel--not that the film was bad, but I didn't think the book needed my help to get noticed or heard about any longer).

The story is simple but has an interesting sci-fi twist to it which actually seems like a perfectly normal extension in this world. It's amazing how easily I believed Henry was stuck traveling back and forth in time.

The room definitely got a little dusty in the final pages
on July 19, 2017
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy afternoon read and tugged at my heart strings. There were a few parts that I didn't think were necessary story. . . I'm looking at you teenage pleasure passage but it stays in my personal library to read again every few years.
on September 20, 2017
They tried to make a movie of this book and did a good job, but couldn't capture the scope of Henry and Claire. If you liked the movie, but it left you wanting, read the book. There is no substitute.
on May 13, 2017
Fascinating book about time travel, written in different perspectives, not only from the traveler himself, but those of his family and how it affects
their lives as well. This is a unique book - would love to read more like it - maybe a sequel - that would be a treat!