Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

• Timer
  • Customer Reviews

on January 16, 2017
I like this movie. It is about soulmates and a technology device that allows you to know when you will meet your soulmate. The ending is a little off, in my opinion, but I think the story line is interesting. The ending is still good, but I personally would have written it differently. I have a love/hate relationship with technology, so I found it intriguing. I also believe in soulmates. This is more of a rom-com, so your man may or may not appreciate it. I enjoyed it and would recommend to others if you have not seen it. I first watched this on Netflix (uncertain if it is still available), but liked it well enough to add it to my collection.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 27, 2010
This film is a comedy but not a romantic comedy. It is something rarer - it is a film that asks questions about finding love. It uses a quasi-science fiction plot device to create a number of scenarios that pose real questions about romantic love: What would happen if we could have a device that could accurately tell us when we would meet our soulmate- and even beep to alert us when it happened? Provided, of course, that said soulmate has also acquired the device and the service. Do we simply wait for love? Do we cynically engage in relationships or hookups to pass the time? Or is it cynical at all- Is it not possible to love truly love the 'wrong' person? But if we know that this is the wrong person isn't it wrong to pursue the relationship? Or not? This movie is about the responsibility that each of us has for love.

What if it happens at the wrong time? This question is posed by the story of Oona's much younger half-brother- far from being like an arranged marriage what happens is the exact opposite: As Soledad's mother notes the soulmate located by the Timer is not the one she would have chosen for her daughter and that she would have preferred that things had happened differently and not so quickly (these two soulmates have 'found' each other at the age of fourteen) and yet- if they are soulmates the fact that the two young kids are from opposites sides of the track should not matter- except that it may confront the two people with a different set of challenges. One of the most charming moments occurs in one of the last scenes of the film- when Jesse addresses Soledad in halting, very definitely newly learned Spanish, to tell her that he hopes that she will permit him to try to make her happy. And you realize that Jesse has not been being shackled and limited by the discovery of his soulmate- Instead that knowledge has freed Jesse to grow, to become more than he otherwise would have been. Jesse has taken responsibility for his love- and in that moment we catch just a glimpse of the very fine man that he is going to be.
One person found this helpful
on January 11, 2014
This is a wonderfully clever movie with GREAT music. It caught my eye because of Emma Caulfield, who I love from BtVS. She is witty and hilarious in this movie as well. I won't recap the plot, since you can look on IMDB or any other website for that information. It is a movie I can watch over and over again. The plot is smart and the surrealistic premise very appropriate for our society. The chemistry between the actors is great and you really care about what happens. It could have been a cheesy-hokey-forgettable rom-com, but the writing and acting are superb. Do yourself a favor and check it out. It's on Netflix, but I just had to buy it- that's how much I love it.
on May 7, 2010
I'm sure I won't do the movie justice with this little review but I had to add my two cents by saying I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great acting, solid script, though an indy it didn't feel low budget to me -- I recommend seeing this film! (Be aware it fully deserves it's R rating for language but if that doesn't distract you from enjoying a good movie then it's definitely worth watching.)

I'll admit I have an affinity for 'What If?' movies like this. Ones that tell stories which start off with a slightly unrealistic premise in order to make us explore a concept that deserves to be pulled from the back of our collective subconscious so we can examine it's full implications. Other examples that spring to mind are Sliding Doors, The Truman Show, Twilight of the Golds, and (I would add) Groundhogs Day.

So give your 'willing suspension of disbelief' a little more chain to run around the yard and discover what this great romantic movie has to say.
9 people found this helpful
on June 6, 2014
This movie is a modern day take on the arranged marriage idea. Each person is predestined to meet the love of their life when their timer runs down. But what happens if you meet and fall in love with some prior to the timer's expiration? This is an interesting story that I found by accident on Netflix and enjoyed so much, I had to buy it. If you like something that's a little different, check this one out.
on July 10, 2011
I just saw this film on Netflix and I just loved it! So much so that I'm now buying it! I mean seriously, I just finished watching it like 30 seconds ago and I had to see if it was for sale here on amazon! Romantic comedy's follow a certain formula but this one does not, it creates it's own and it goes down paths, some you guess but most you don't. The acting was brilliant, the writing was brilliant and Emma Caufield is utterly fantastic! I love when I find films like this that I fall in love with!
on March 1, 2018
great show!
on December 2, 2015
It's a SF film but not a Gigantic one. The story is very small. But exciting enough.
I say it's an indie film.
I fully injoyed and decided to buy the dvd.
I ended with watching it 3 times.
The charactors are all lovely.
The ending seems a little dull but is ok for me.
This movie is a hidden surprise.
Gotta watch it if you like small but surprise indie films.
on December 1, 2016
Thanks! Love it! Fast shipping
on August 5, 2015
A really unexpected movie that is sweet, funny, and even a little sad. It really makes you think and is hard not to love.