- File Size: 436 KB
- Print Length: 51 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: White Star Press; 1 edition (November 17, 2015)
- Publication Date: November 17, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0185N6MX2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #21,438 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
Times Nine (A Short Story) Kindle Edition
"Star Trek" digital graphic novels
Save up to 80% off a selection of "Star Trek" graphic novels on Kindle, now through August 8. See all
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The set up for this story was interesting and the science fiction aspects not overwhelming painting it as a near future with faster travel and great strides in medical science. While the short format didn't give me a lot of space to get to know the characters really well , their personalities still came across in the writing, something that Ms Branton excels at. I believed in the relationship between the couple and their conflicting desires. I also appreciated the relationship with the step son and what he added to the mix.
The place where I struggle with this story is in the completion of the plot arc. I'm not going to give details as to avoid spoilers, but I didn't entirely buy the solution to the biggest problem of the story and it felt like it ended really abruptly. I would have liked a flash forward with a few paragraphs to show whether the proffered solution was real and how/if it really worked.
In the end this was prolly a 3.5 read for me, but the sweetness and charm of the central relationship gives it a bump to 4.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering