Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex® Men's T46866 Intelligent Quartz Fly Back Chrono Compass Silver Case Brown Strap Watch
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on February 26, 2012
I do a lot of sailing and wanted a watch with countdown features on the stopwatch. I also wanted a nice dress watch. This watch does both exceedingly well. It is vastly cheaper than most others in the yachting fraturnity and is built beautifully well. Highly recommended :-)
on December 7, 2011
At first I felt a little trepidation on spending almost $200 for a Timex. My reservations were unfounded. Love the watch, the quality and the value. I am a watch fanatic and own many, many watches valued from ten to several thousand dollars; this Timex is one I wear very often.
on August 8, 2012
They did a great job designing this watch. I need something that looks cool and also shows the date. I also like that the second hand actually moves and is not for the stopwatch. Watch YouTube to see how the compass works, and glance at the manual, too. From that point on, everything is straightforward.
on August 28, 2012
I ordered this watch basically for its look online. I am old enough to remember John Cameron Swaze (sp.)drilling "It take's a licking and keeps on ticking" So I bought it for the history and looks. Man was I pleased when it arrived. It is very beautiful. I have dozens of watches and this one is up there with the "pretiest" It keeps great time. I cannot report how durable it is but it feels somewhat heavy suggesting durable. The band is nice and rich feeling as well. I love this watch, you will to!
on December 27, 2012
Very impressive watch from Timex, I like everything about this watch - except the fact that the Indiglo does not work. I have read the documentation several times and I am unable to get the Indiglo night light to work. I am considering returning the watch - I miss the indiglo light on my watch.

After contacting Amazon, they promptly replaced the watch with one that had the Indiglo night light that worked! Great timepeice, I highly recommend this watch.
on July 11, 2014
Love the look and feel of this watch!
I NEVER thought that I will be buying a Timex (I'm a snob :)), but this watch is better than some fancier Swiss watches that I own. I "only" paid $99 for it through Gold Box deal on Amazon, and did not expect too much from the watch. I was curious to see how a compass works in a quartz watch. I am glad to tell one and all that the compass does work! :) The mechanism must be quite complex though. The watch feels more than worthy of its $185 SRP. A google of this watch revealed some places which sold this watch for up to $400!. At $99 it is a steal.
on May 19, 2014
Overall it is a good watch and very cool looking. However the compass needle makes it hard to tell time at a glance as you have to figure out which hand does what. The case is a pressed on case and though ot comes off easily, you need a press to get it back on. So I would recommend taking it to qyour jewler to have the battery replaced cause you won't get the case back together.
on September 4, 2012
I am a Timex fan and was very interested in this watch. It has a ton of features and I tested all of them with much satisfaction. However the Indigo light would not work. The "stem" was frozen and would not actuate it. On a different note, I found the face much harder to read in daylight that I expected. I have since ordered a different Timex. 3 stars for the seller who promptly handle the issue.
The watch looks much more expensive than the Timex brand would have you think, and the fit and finish are a touch above what you might expect in this price range. In terms of having a sporty but subdued look, Timex has really nailed it.

The compass is a cool feature that you don't see too often, and getting things working doesn't require keeping a manual in your pocket.

The major downside for me, is how tiny the band is. Admittedly, I'm near the last two notches on most bands... but it's exceedingly rare that I come across watches that just don't fit. And for what it's worth, my wrists are bony, and my hands and arms are pretty average sized for someone about 6'1".

It's a shame, because the strap is a really nice quality for this price range, but for the cost of replacing it with a bigger one of similar quality, you could buy yourself a nicer watch... which is what I plan to do.
on February 20, 2013
The Watch is very beautiful shape, classy and elegant, and the best and most is that it's moor beautiful than the images, and the lighting is fantastic Indiglo Night-Light and it's lets a person to read all the Watch details. And Watch have a heavy weight so you feel like it's one of the expensive watches from famous brands, such as Rolex watches.

And the compass it works very well and a person should use the compass in a place far from any effects of electromagnetic. And the compass readings are as accurate as reading compass in my Samsung Galaxy S2, but I would not recommend anyone who wants to go out on a discovery voyage that it's better to use a magnetic compass.

For the price, the market value is very appropriate comparison for their quality and durability, and it's best than you buy a Watch for low price, but a with no quality .. There also Watch's with high prices but there are efficiency fits there price.

For my experience when you wear the (Timex Men's T49866 Intelligent Quartz Fly Back Chrono Compass Brown Leather Strap Watch) I notice that it attracts the attention of people because of her elegant and good look.

Finally I would recommend this Watch purchase for those who wish to buy a beautiful, a durable, a stylish and with an appropriate price watch at the same time.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image

See 1 answered question