Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 106 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 111 reviews
VINE VOICEon October 11, 2014
I had an Ironman watch like this back in the early 1990s after seeing Bill Clinton wearing one. That watch served me well for several years - and this one looks to do the same. I love the big orange button under the face for activating the stopwatch, which I use to time 30-second intervals between sets when working out at the local family YMCA. I also use it to keep time for my laps when swimming. Looks and feels good on my wrist and I also like seeing the day of the week, month, day in one glance.

The "occasions" feature is intriguing (I set my wife's birthday and our anniversary in there just to be safe). I've already used the timezone feature a couple of times and it's handy once setup. I probably will never use all 3 alarm options but it's good to know it's there just in case.
VINE VOICEon December 1, 2014
I have been wearing this watch for about 4 months now and I was initially shocked at how light it was. I can hardly feel it on my wrist! I had an old Nike that was great, but because this was a good deal thought I would give a try. This is so much lighter than my last Nike, it was well worth it. The Indiglo is great because it's not too bright but in the dark or dusk you can see the time perfectly well. It's extremely durable and great looking in my opinion. I use it to run and my wrist seems to breathe just fine. I have not used the ironman features.
on October 23, 2014
This is a Christmas gift for my grandson, I love it.
on April 19, 2013
Pre-purchase consideration:
Looking for impact-resistant countdown and stop watch with laps for everyday use.
Wanted an interesting watch that wasn't 'just dark neutral colors' nor painful to the eye, yet easy to read and not as massive as other multi-function watches.

Initial thoughts on unboxing:
Considerable size (larger than slim stopwatches) but fits nicely on wrist (not too big, 5'6 man)
Wide face with large, narrow numbers (easy to see, in same format Timex usually has)
Titanium rim adds bright shine to face, though not overpowering
I thought the orange buttons and outlines would be off-putting; I am glad I was wrong since it adds color while not super noticeable.
Buttons were nice and firm, everything working.

Pros:
Basically everything I wanted in a watch!
- Wide face
- works as it should right out of the box
- Visually unique while not being flashy
- fits well

Cons: not much
- I don't need golf or occasion reminder functions.
- not under 50$? Got at around 55.

Great watch! I hope it lasts for a long time!
on May 23, 2013
Great watch, I swim several times a week and not a problem with moisture in the watch. Very rugged, I wear it when digging in the yard, working and mountain biking and it take a beating but still looks brand new and functions like it was just off the shelf. The band is a little uncomfortable but the watch itself has plenty of features and like I already mentioned-very rugged. Great purchase.
on September 3, 2013
I bought this watch to replace a sleek Ironman that was lost on my last vacation. I loved the previous watch but only used it for running because it felt too fragile for any other use. I decided to try the shock series and am very pleased. This watch seems much more solid so I feel comfortable wearing it in many more settings, like camping or other outdoor activities. The only con is the watch is very thick and big. I like the size for ease in reading the display, but the thickness is a bit much. However, I have gotten used to it and now appreciate the extra bulk. It feels substantial. I am not big, but do not notice the extra weight or thickness when running.

The occasion and golf setting are worthless for me, but you can hide them in the main menu. The chrono and timer are perfect for running. I do not use the alarms so cannot comment there.

I paid $50.
on January 18, 2013
I also have a Casio G-Shock Mudman and I must say that I prefer the Timex all-around. The Casio's buttons are sometimes too difficult to use for my purpose (swimming) - the Timex buttons are much more intuitive and easier to see/use. Also, the Timex strap has a design that is made to retain the keeper in place, unlike the Casio (end of the band tends to move around b/c there's not a notch to stop it from doing so). The face numbers of the Timex are larger, but the Casio's are bolder, so it's a bit of a toss-up for legibility. Timex also did a great job on this particular model's appearance - clean and simple with just enough flourish (orange and silver buttons, stainless steel bezel, deep recess from the bezel to the display) - the Casio just has too much gimmicky "stuff" going on for my tastes. However, the upside to the Casio is that it's solar, unlike the Timex.
on September 28, 2014
I am returning this watch. The Chronometer start/split button would not always start the chrono. I asked for a replacement. I had the original Timex 'ironman' and liked it. I have confidence that my replacement will work properly.

Update: 11/15/2014
I received my replacement watch, and as expected, it works great. The chronometer is super... 2 clicks and it's running. I changed my rating to 5 stars.
on March 14, 2014
I was looking for a newer replacement for an older version of an "Ironman" (20 yr old version). The old one still works fine, just the case is cracked around the buttons, and it's harder to change times, So out with the old and in with the new.
I really love the bright face with the shiny steel look.The orange trim gives an eye popping standout bit of color to the gray. It is big, both in depth and width, but most of the outdoors type watches on the market seem to be leaning this way, so it;s not so different from other choices.
One thing I'm not overly fond of is the rubber/plastic bands - they tend to make my skin breakout under them My work environment is hard on bands anyway, so when it gets worn or damaged, I'll find a more comfortable replacement - even if I have to change the color and material style.(My old one has been sporting a gold colored metal spandex style band for several years).
So check this one out. If your prefer a more subtle look there is a counterpart watch that is gray & black and has a small red pinstripe instead of the shiney steel and orange.
on September 30, 2014
I purchased this watch to use while SCUBA diving. It is water proof to 200m and according to Amazon is suitable for this purpose. The manual does not recomend using it while diving due to the possible even of a breach of the seal from the exerted pressure from being at depth. Unsure if I should submerse the watch, I called Timex and they confirmed Amazon's statement that the watch is indeed able to withstand pressure up to 200m.
Features: Aside from the standard date, stopwatch and alarm, this watch also sports an occasion reminder, golf score keeper, a split feature in the stopwatch for running laps, three alarms and a timer that can be set for several hours. The display is easy to read although the smaller icons may be difficult for someone who wears perscription glasses. The case is quite solid and you won't forget the watch is on your hand as it is quite hefty. The glass is protected by a steel band which is encompassed by shock absorbing plastic and rubber.
If you need a watch for ourdoor activities and don't mind a bit of weight, this is definitly one to consider.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.