Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 417 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 479 reviews
on December 11, 2016
I've owned this watch for five and a half years. I've never changed the battery, I've never reset the time (well, just for time zone or DST changes). My previous watch was a Rolex that was costing me $300 every couple of years to clean and get it to tell time correctly. I mention this only because I think I might be the only person ever to switch from a Rolex to this watch. Anyway, I'm quite happy with it. The band has held up great too. Honestly I do wish it had the date on it because for 30 years I had one that did and I can't untrain myself from looking for the date on my wrist. BUT, this watch does everything a watch is supposed to do at a good price.
on July 21, 2016
This is a great little watch. I bought it because I really wanted one of those Timex/J Crew watches that were popular around the same time, but going for about $150. This isn't quite as cute, but I love it nonetheless. It's actually my absolute favorite watch to wear under most long sleeved tops because it's so slim and sleek that it's barely noticeable even under thin fabric.

My boyfriend wears this now and he does hard physical labor. It's been wet, dirty, and banged against who-knows-what, but it's still ticking and there's not a single scratch on the face or snag in the fabric band. Please note the dimensions, because it's fairly small for a larger wrist. The best part? I've had it for maybe 6 years now and I've only replaced the battery once.
on March 10, 2015
Update October 2016
A 5 Star to Zero.Star. It keeps loosing time. Stops periodically. Maybe a loose connection. I don't know, but when it becomes undependable it becomes a Zero Star. Over the past few months I have tried changing the battery twice. Tried cleaning the contacts.

Timex has always been good to me for at least 5 years. This may have been the 5% er!??! The worst part; I am tempted to purchase another as this was so comfortable. I did pick up another Timex at a Walmart. A bit more costly and less comfortable. Probably has the same innards!??!

(Original Review)
Absolutely the most comfortable watch in my 70 + years. My first digital was the longest lasting. Since then, it seems that the buttons either fail completely or they get harder and harder to work.

Short version: If you're looking for something to give you the Time, Easy to ready and enjoy Comfort, I think you'll like this

Long version: My watch died so, w/o much research I purchased this watch rather quickly as I really miss having a watch. It was with the idea of having something until I could search for something that would last for awhile.

I have to say, I love this watch and the band. Nothing fancy, but it is sooo comfortable. Problem, for me, the larger, heavier, 'manly' watches, tend to swivel around my wrist. Not this one.

I do miss the digital functions. Date, alarm and timers functions. And so now I'm in a tizzy as to what to do. Go to a heavier digital or just enjoy this one?!?!?

_ Average Joe
on November 8, 2014
This watch has been working well ever since I took it out of the box and put it on. See, I needed a tough, cheap travel watch, and this one fit the bill. It's inexpensive, the numbers are large enough, and looks cool on top (at least according to my son). It's not noisy at all (maybe the movement was replaced) and it's incredibly light. I often forget I have it on, and on a couple of occasions I washed dishes and got it sprayed with water. Now, low temperatures are coming and it remains to be seen how this thing performs in extremely low temperatures. Thus far, I'm satisfied and can recommend it most enthusiastically.
UPDATE: I've had this watch for about 9 months. Granted, it hasn't been continuous use, but it's been persistent... and it's still going and looking good. And it also has become a little loud... as I found out when I tried to sleep and placed my head on the wrist on which I wear the watch! Otherwise, it's one tough little devil (I've worn it through IL winters, it has had rain fall on it, and I wore it shoveling snow; it survived and kept on ticking). In short, for the price, it's an excellent purchase. Go for it!
on June 25, 2015
My favorite watch -- looks good, smaller face, lightweight, accurate, inexpensive and very durable. Bought my first one 11 years ago. Then when the battery died after 10 years, I went looking for a new one at the local stores but I couldn't find it. Then last month I checked Amazon, found the watch and ordered it. It just came in this morning, and I love it anew.
review image
on April 9, 2015
Swapped out the black soft strap it came with for a leather one. Now I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. A good watch for not a lot of money.
review image
on February 26, 2014
I work as a swim instructor part-time so I'm in the water at least 20 hours a week. So obviously it'd be helpful to have a watch with me at all times in the pool. A few checks here and there and I decided on the Timex Camper.

First month was great but then I began noticing something weird about the watch. The band began losing it's color in to a weird tealish colour and it started to fog under the crystal. The band continued losing more of its color and more fog built.

By the third month the watch always carried a fog in it but was still working and the band was completely an eery green. So I replaced the band with a $4 replacement at The Bay. This new band was also Nylon.

For the next two months the band was perfect! No discoloration at all! Except the crystal continued to build up fog until the fifth month where there was literally a puddle in the watch and it ceased to continue working.

And here we are: Upset this awesome looking watch had a nylon strap prone to discoloration and a watch advertised as but not actually waterproof. So upset I went for the warranty, paid $14 to ship it. I wasn't covered but the awesome people at Timex were sympathetic and sent an entire new watch (not the same but similar looking, expedition edition) for $10 to cover shipping charges. So $24 in total to replace my watch. And P.S. actually love the style of this watch so much, I bought the same watch in green.

So to summarize:
- Band fades in chlorine
- Do not use it in water for prolonged periods of time(My green one is still working and I use it in the water, maybe my original black one was just defective--though the green band DOES discolor as well)
- Expedition edition better for water-related activities
on January 9, 2017
My watch lasted about 9 years before it stopped working. I had another one just like it stored away and I use that one now. The original battery lasted about 7 years and the watch strap lasted the life of the watch doing outdoor labor work at my job. Very accurate watch for the price. It is small but I never had any problems reading the dial. A great watch to buy for work.
on May 30, 2016
This is the watch to own if you want to be able to read the dial clearly and fast - like while riding a bike. Over the years, I've owned several watches of this model, or so I thought. When it arrived, this particular one was very small; the size of watch you'd give a very slight woman or a child. If you have a slight woman or child in mind, be warned that all of the (appropriately adult-sized) models I've owned were prone to problems with the band/bracelet. It will almost certainly break, even though the watch itself will probably still be working. Buy the watch and keep your eyes open for a spare watchband that fits. You'll need it.
on April 5, 2016
Look, this watch isn't gonna win you any beauty contests, but you know what?

Who cares.

It tells time. It looks cool (Black on black? Classic). It can take a beating.

I bought this watch almost 5 years ago. It's been on my left wrist the whole time. I've gone camping, I've worked out, I've done manual labor, I've swam, I've showered daily; this little beast has kept it up.

It's unobtrusive, so I don't constantly feel like my left arm is bigger than my right arm due to weight imbalances on my wrist.

It's understated enough that you can dress it down or dress it up and it's not going to look totally out of place.

Get the watch. It's inexpensive, so if you don't like it, give it away to someone. They'll probably dig it.