Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on June 8, 2013
Here's the thing. This Timex watch costs about $28 on Amazon and what you get is a simple watch face, with a day/date display. OK? That's it. But that's not IT. I contend that this is the simplest, MOST PERFECT, MOST MINIMAL, MOST FUNCTIONAL watch face on Earth. Because it is so perfect, so simple, you may not like it. You want something more fancy. OK, go for it. But this watch, even against other Timex Easy Readers, is the most perfect minimal watch face ever created. White face. Sans serif hour notations. Day of the week. Date. There is no way to improve on this. It is perfect. It is so perfect you might find it embarrassing. Get over that. It is more perfect than the $22,000 chronograph the guy next to you on the subway is wearing. Why? Look at the time. When he looks at the time, he squints. You don't. Your watch is more beautiful than his. It is, because it is perfect. ..... Side notes: The leather band is rather thick, I think I could find better. Maybe in three years or so I will replace it.
on January 8, 2014
I just got this in the mail today. The watch looks and feels nice. The leather strap is of decently good quality and it looks handsome enough to wear with nice clothes, which was the point of the purchase.

The Indiglo is an interesting feature. Personally, I think it's much more garish than illuminated hands and numbers, but it does do the trick anyway.

The one huge flaw in this design is the stem to change the day and date. If you pull it out all the way it changes the time. If you pull it one notch out it changes the date... if you spin it clockwise the date decreases and if you spin it counter-clockwise the date increases. There is no way to change the day!!! Unlike every other watch I've had with the one stem design, this watch goes against the logic of "spin it one way you change the date, spin it the other you change the day". I had to cycle through the hours in order to (very slowly) get to the proper day. HUGE design flaw in my opinion.

Otherwise the watch is fine... but come on Timex... get with the program.
on January 9, 2014
I purchased this watch for travel and climbing and it lasted 6 months. It did not keep good time at altitude, I noticed it running slow at around 9,000 feet. This might not be a problem for most people, but a few moths after I noticed that the second hand fell off and the watch stopped entirely. I might have gotten a bad one, but I will not be reordering a Timex.
on November 5, 2013
OK, so it's about $15 for a new band and another $10 for a battery and you can run your beat-up old watch for another year (maybe). OR, you can shell out the same amount and walk away with a beautiful new watch. This watch represents the pinnacle of classic timekeeping while offering it at a price that belies the quality. It's a tough little watch. I can read it in any light and I can use the indiglo feature to illuminate the inside of my truck cab to find my dropped phone. The day/date feature is easy to set--you do have to have a double digit IQ or more to set it. All of that and I still get compliments on it about every day.

Use it up, wear it out and when it's dead throw it out.
on December 19, 2012
I have had this watch for about two weeks now and am very happy with it. I had purchased another watch less than a year ago and it has stopped working, plus the band broke. This Timex has a very sturdy, thick, leather watchband that looks like it will survive more than the year listed.
The face is not as large as some, but the numbers are easy to read. Even the date is much better than that previous watch I mentioned above.
Since I am hardly ever in a really quiet environment, I have not noticed the loudness of the ticking, although I can definitely hear it if I place the watch near my ear.
One issue is the manual that came with the watch. It appears to be a generic manual made for several different watches. I was not able to find a way to quickly change the days of the week. The date change mechanism worked well, but I have to move through several 24 hour days to set the day of the week correctly. As near as I can tell there is no quick way to change the day of the week, although the manual implies it might be possible.
on June 12, 2014
I'm a techie by nature, and I've always used my phone for checking time, but I thought it was time to get something that wasn't so distracting. This watch fits good, the band is solid, and it looks great. I've really enjoyed having it, and it's renewed my faith in having an official time piece on your wrist.

The only thing I don't like is the small leather band to hold down the flap. It's stretched pretty easily 3 months into owning. I'm not sure what I'll do when it falls off.
on July 1, 2014
Good quality watch. The ticking is a bit louder than expected and the band is passable (not great) in terms of looks & perceived quality. Overall this is a good watch. Inexpensive. Simple. Understated.
on June 5, 2014
Timex Men's Brown Watch With White Dial has been working flawlessly the very second I placed it on my wrist. It is very elegant to wear. It was a good purchase. Yes, I would buy it again.
on June 17, 2014
On a 6'1'', 180 lb male, this looked like a women's watch. I would not recommend unless you're a smaller person. Get a Weekender instead.
on December 5, 2013
I like this watch, but the band is a bit bumpier than it looks in the picture, but I bought a new band and I'm happy with my purchase.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.