Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Color: Dark Brown/Silver-Tone|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,577 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,709 reviews
on October 15, 2014
Received this watch and it looks much better in person than it does on the website.

The color is a nice darker brown, the dial is easy to read, and the holes are spaced very nicely for the perfect fit.

For $30, you cannot go wrong with this watch.
review image
0Comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2016
I've had this watch for about 3 weeks now. I like it. For $28, it is a great watch. I purchased the version with the brass colored rim, cream colored face and silver second hand. I like the looks, it is very easy to read. I like how it includes the day and date. I'm usually not a fan of leather wrist bands, but I like this one. It is comfortable. The Indigo light feature works really well in the dark and brightly lights up the dial and the hands are black against it, so it's easy to read at night too.

I also performed a little test. I wanted to see how accurate it is. So I set the watch down to the second using time.gov, which uses the USA's official atomic clock. 2 weeks later, I checked the watch again vs. time.gov. It has gained 2 seconds. Doing the math, that makes it accurate to about 1 minute a year. More than precise enough for normal everyday use on a watch that costs $28.

My only nitpick is that I wish the overall size of the watch was a little bigger. It's hard to determine the width of the watch online. But that's just my preference.
on September 17, 2017
I purchased this watch as a replacement for a Timex Explorer watch, which had lasted me many years, but had lately not been keeping good time. I would have just purchased another Explorer watch, but all the ones I could find had white hands with a white dial - very difficult to see. i wanted a watch that I would not need to put my reading glasses on to see. This watch is perfect - black hands on a white dial, and you can see it very well when you turn on the Indiglo light. The only negative thing about it is that the day of the week and date are tiny and hard to see, but that was not that important to me.
A bonus is that even though the Explorer and Easy Reader have about the same diameter case, the Easy Reader has a slightly larger face. This is due to the Explorer having a large decorative ring around the case.
I am very pleased with this purchase, I hope it holds up as well as my old Explorer did.
on December 1, 2016
The band broke a little less than 2 years in. I hadn't subjected it to any special punishment. But, I was able to replace it without much trouble.

I had also been spoiled by using a digital watch and had forgotten about having to adjust the date when the month doesn't include 31 days.

You will want to note that this watch doesn't have any of the features you may be used to if you've gotten used to digital watches. For example, there's no timer, stopwatch or alarms.

Other than that, it's fine. It keeps accurate time, which is basically what I'm looking for. I simply use my cell phone for the missing features. I just don't want to have to pull it out everytime I need to check the time.
on April 6, 2016
I wear this watch every day. WHY?

It is so simple. I love it. I am a fan of analog, and a fan of simplicity. I don't like my watches to be dressed to the nines and all fancy with seven different buttons on the side.

THE FACE: Like I said.. Very simple. Easy to read. The date/month function is a great touch and is also easy to read. It doesn't look like a cheap watch (even though it is), from afar. Ofcourse the quality of the watch consists of cheap parts, but I seriously have worn this watch for a couple months, every day, and it still looks like it did when I first got it in. And the fact that it has the illumination is great. I don't use that a lot, but it's a nice touch.

THE BAND: Again... For the price, this band is great. I usually end up getting a different band, because the cheaper ones just don't feel good on my wrist, but this one is awesome. I love the dark/red/brown color is has to it and it looks good with everything. Casual wear, business, or fancy dress, I've worn this watch.

THE BUCKLE: I did have the buckle break on me last week, but once we found all the pieces, it was easy to put back together. Again... This watch is not an expensive watch made out of european metals and this and that. It's a simply made watch, with simply made parts, for the simply made person.

OVERALL: My girlfriend always tells me to sell my other watches because I only wear this one. It's simple, classy, practical and meant for me. I'm a 6 foot tall, "green-bean" kind of guy and it's great on my slinky wrists. You see those watches that are the same size and width of your hand, and I just don't get that. This watch is not small, not big, but just the right size. Nothing fancy and I love it! I'd highly recommend.
on September 6, 2017
Have always preferred Timex for quality and value. This time wanted easy to read, day/date, luminous disk with buckle strap. This one fits the bill just fine. This is my first leather strap and it is flexible enough out of the box although I am hoping it will soften even more with wear. I deducted a star because I was unable to correct the day setting without having to swing it through 72 hours, which seems a cumbersome option. Although this is listed as a men's watch, I find it still nicely scaled for women's sports wear.
on March 3, 2008
In my 67 years I have owned watches from an Ingersol Mickey Mouse when I was a kid all the way through a solid gold Concord that sells for almost $7,000. With a LeCoultre and a Rolex in between. But guess what? This Timex is just remarkable! As your eyes age, it's nice to have a high-contrast simple black-on-white display, and the Indiglo feature is priceless for low- or no-light conditions. The simplicity and craftsmanship of this watch has to be seen to be believed--the sweep second hand actually hits the marks around the dial with accuracy I almost never saw in my Swiss watches. That, to me, is a near-impossible task that only my most expensive watch managed (one of the reasons I bought it since I'm a perfectionist type). The Timex people have done an outstanding job with this inexpensive watch. The ten-year battery life is a bonus. I very highly recommend this handsome, simple, elegant timepiece! (I do not own stock in Timex.)
1111 comments| 251 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2017
This one shows both day and date -- super! Getting the initial setup for date and time can be tricky. Not much distance on the pull out stem. This is a replacement to my old watch, so I knew that going in to it. But once you have the time, day, and date aligned it's a great device to have. This is not an auto reset date, so you have to keep up with monthly day changes, but a small price to pay to see the time (and day/date combination) clearly with big numerals. Indiglo feature is great for night time conditions.
on March 17, 2017
Love this watch! Over the years, I have had several variations of the colors, i.e., all silver, gold on silver, all gold. One feature of the watch is that if you push the stem, the face lights up. This is helpful at night, in a movie theater, etc. It is fairly easy and inexpensive to take the watch to a jeweler in a mall or a watchmaker to get the battery replaced when the battery eventually wears out. I would recommend this watch to family and friends.
on July 26, 2017
Nice watch overall. Easy to read and indiglo is nice. Wrist band color is attractive. It has survived a frontloading washer with highspeed spin cycle. It keeps time accurately and having the date function is handy.

Things to look out for:
-The wrist band is thicker than expected. I'd guess 1/4" thick? That may look rugged but it made it stiffer when new.
-The wrist band pins (spring bars) give way easily. They don't have enough tension to stay in their holes. Several times now, I've reached for something deep in my pocket and then removing my hand from the pocket, the watch gets snagged in my pocket and falls apart when the spring bar gives way.