Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 85 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 88 reviews
on September 27, 2013
After enduring a red-eye flight where I couldn't read my side-lit digital watch, I purchased this high-contrast analog backlit expansion band watch. It is easy to read in any light at any angle. Timex "Indiglo" backlighting is the best in the business. I wonder why other makes don't copy it. The watch face is large and clear, as it the typeface. The band length is difficult to adjust (I removed 3 links for my small wrist), but the band is very comfortable - No pinching. Easy to slip on but doesn't fly off.

This watch cost very little but is a lot fancier than I expected. Even though it is only a Timex, it looks classier than my heirloom Pulsar. So my only complaint is that it looks so nice I hesitate to wear it as my everyday watch. Note: This model is available in other finishes and bands, and with day and date.

-- Doug Baty (retired tech guy) --
on January 10, 2014
Timex watches are attractive, work well, have quality workmanship and are reasonably priced. They durably do their job, and when a battery needs replacing, (very long life batteries) it's easy enough to take it to the local mass merchandiser (Meijer) to have a new one put in. These watches aren't glamorous or trendy, they're workhorses. I've had a few of Timex women's watches over the years, with no complaints. This is the third men's Timex I've purchased. There is one noticeable oddity to this particular men's Easy Reader watch. Its minute hand makes a little audible click upon passing the 12 o clock mark. It's not annoying, it's just there and can be heard if you're in a completely still room. Overall though, this watch is very nice for the price, and on Amazon is selling at $15 below local retail stores for the same watch. The friendly, glowing Indiglo nightlight that this watch includes makes it easy to read the watch face at night, and is one of my favorite Timex features. The guy who is wearing this watch right now is pleased with the comfort, simplicity, and above-mentioned attributes of his new watch!
on January 11, 2014
On the other hand it tells perfect time and looks classy on your wrist. It was a steal at $12.99 during a lighting sale at Christmas.
I performed a little experiment during the first week of ownership. I randomly asked complete strangers the time of day to gage how many folks actually look at their wrist these days. As you might expect not too many. Of course most people checked their phones. I did mix it up with the demographics as well.
As you might expect the ones who did check their wrist were just like me; in the 50+ age group. The most interesting aspect of this little social experiment was the total surprise of the majority of people who were actually surprised at being asked the question in the first place. You could visibly see the surprise and in some cases down right discomfort with interacting with a total stranger.
The horror!! ;)
BTW. The light works great and it actually has a pleasant ticking sound!
on February 2, 2014
You know that whole "takes a licking & keeps on ticking" thing, right? Well, its true.
My guy is a tradesman and is constantly coming home with new cuts and bruises - so he can't have a dainty watch. And the rubberized ones trap too much moisture against his skin. The Timex Steel Expansion watches are perfect for him. The price is low, so he doesn't have to worry about it too much, but I can't remember the last time he actually broke one of them. The "Easy-Reader" dial is nice as well (after all, we are getting older.....). And its a nice looking watch, too. This one, in particular is a two-tone, and it just looks good. The Indiglo is a great feature. We have utilized the bright glow on more than one black-out. Its true!
on January 5, 2014
My precious husband has struggled with a life-time illness and spent 5 months in hospitals last year. A few days before Christmas, he said, "I should have asked for a new watch." His was realllly old! I didn't expect to find something he would like on line and was so grateful! He just wanted simple, large numbers and one that looks nice. The Indigo night light was a pleasant surprise for him. That it was a great price made it easier for me! The only down-side, it was to arrive 12-24 and did not come until 12-28 or 29. But, he was so happy, it really didn't matter.
on December 21, 2013
I have owned Timex watches for years. They are priced fairly, keep time perfectly, and are tough. This watch has an attractive two tone design - gold and silver. It is easy to read and has Timex's indigo feature which allows you to see the time in dark. I also opted for Timex's economical extended 5 year warranty. You should be forewarned that the band is one size and not adjustable, however, it fits most average wrists with no difficulty.
on May 8, 2013
The face is simple and easy to read. Since I don't always wear my glasses I wanted something I could read without them. I didn't need the bells and whistles, just something to keep me on time.

I don't need a calendar, I can remember the date without it, and found that a calendar feature is a nuisance on other watches trying to keep the date right over months that end with 30 or 28 days.

So this fits the bill.

I would have given it 5 stars but the strap was a little sharp on the underside so was a little scratchy and pinchy on my wrist so I swapped it out for one I had from an old watch that has smoother edges on the underside.

If you want a good, simple and easy to read time piece, this is a good one.

Steve
on January 17, 2014
At first I was worried that the strap on this watch would be too thin or too tight as some other reviews have noted. Nonsense, this starp expands far enough to fit around my legs. I am 6 feet 3 and weigh a healthy 240 pounds and this watch fits perfectly. Nothing fancy, but the back light is excellent for folks who wear eye glasses - instead of reaching for my "eyes" in the middle of the night, I simply push the button and the entire face lights up in a blueish hue, making it easy to read the time.
I would give this watch 20 stars if I could. Well worth the money, and well built. You will not regret this purchase.
on December 22, 2013
My Dad has been wearing this brand of watch forever it seams. Every since I was a little boy I can remember Dad wearing this same type of watch from Timex. His last one broke when a 400 pound machine fell tearing into his arm and damaged the watch (the time adjustment part fell out) he stuck it back in and finished adjusting the time. He loved his old watch and was amazed I found the same type. He loves it!
on February 21, 2014
This is the 3 rd. easy reader I have had. The one I'm replacing is still working just fine after 5 years. Just getting a little tired looking at it. LOL. The light still works fine although the band and case are scratched as I wear it 24/7 around the farm and shop. Always shower with it on. There is a model that has day and date however the numbers are far to small for these old eyes to see without my readers on. The last two I purchased at Wall-Mart but the price was better here even with shipping. JG

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.