Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Men's #T28071 Easy Reader Watch With Black Leather Band
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on November 30, 2007
This is my fourth Timex indigo and I have always been pleased with the attractiveness, durability and basic quality. Rather than replace the watch band or the battery after a year or so, I get a new watch.

There are two things about this watch that surprised me. The face is much larger than I expected and therefore the watch does not hold securely on the wrist. Second, the illumination in dark places is not nearly as bright as the previous watches.
on December 29, 2008
I've grown tired of complex watches that try to do everything under the sun and wanted something really simple. I had two criteria: Easy to read analog face and easy to adjust. And nothing more. No date, no moon phase, no alternative time zone. Just a simple watch that tells time.

This one does it spot on. And it's cheap too. It also glows very well in the dark when you press in the knob on the right side. Couldn't be happier.
on April 12, 2008
this is the greatest watch ever! Not only is it totally stylin', with it's large face and cool numbers, it has a 10 year battery and an indiglo light. I had this watch before and it was stolen, and I was thrilled to be able to replace it. What a deal for the excellent low price!!!!
on November 30, 2007
perfect if you're having trouble seeing your watch. high contrast face with glow in the dark feature. very attractive for a visual aid.
on February 23, 2012
I am very pleased with this watch.

It looks quite nice and it is well made. I bought one for both myself and for a friend of mine, as the price was right.

It is simple and elegant.

It is also very quiet and I love the way the 'indiglo' looks when pressed in low light.

I would like to buy this model or another similar for my Father, but his wrist is a bit larger than this watch reaches around his wrist.

The size is perfect for 'normal' wrists, but as I have read about this same watch type, it is great for people with failing eyesight.

It is really a good product and buy.
on April 1, 2013
If you don't want to put on your spectacles every time you want to know what time it is, this one is perfect. Keeps time as well as or better than a Rolex and you can see it.
on March 10, 2007
You might pay more but you cannot go wrong with TIMEX. Quality and price a great combination. Leather band, water resistant, large inch and a half face, for us baby-boomers who are losing our close-up vision!

Why pay two or 3 times as much for a casual watch?

:-)
on August 24, 2009
This TIMEX watch was bought for personal use and I got more than expected. The strap is very good looking black matte leather. The size of the watch is not that big for today's standards (yes there are bigger watches out there), but it looks modern yet "classic" simple. Cool but elegant if you will. My father said it looked (and read even without his glasses) great.

The indigo light is not as bright as I expected. It looks great with 5% to 0% light. But if you are in the 6% to 15% lighting condition do not expect to see it light up. Disclaimer: Indigo lighting is a background lighting system. And the face of the watch is BLACK, so this is not a surprise.

I love the watch and its price. Value is the key word here. Great for a gift even if,as in my case, it is a gift for you ;)

I will upload some photos of the watch to complement Amazon's 1 photo.
review image review image
on August 18, 2014
Love this watch. it is lightweight. I don't like that the second clicking is pretty audible in a quiet room. But it keeps good time, is easy to read, fashionable. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone with a small arm/wrist though.
on September 19, 2014
I've always liked TIMEX. I've owned a few "classier" watches, but none have ever compared with the dependability of a TIMEX. This watch is pretty splendid, though a tad larger than I was expecting. I'm a big guy, but even so it feels a little clunky on me. I suspect I'll get used to it in a day or two. I'm that committed. The upside is, it can be easily read by the scientists on the International Space Station 205 miles above me.

Following up: After a couple of weeks of wear, I'm really digging this awesome watch.