Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 21, 2012
The watch is beautiful. It has a Sea-Gull movement and keeps really good time. Mine kept within seconds a day. Unfortunately I had to send it back. The recessed date button did not work, nor did the date complication advance, and the movement would not hack (the second hand does not stop when you pull out the crown). After doing some online research I found out that these problems are very common to this watch. If the date function worked, I would have foregone the hacking and kept the watch, and I would have given a higher rating based on appearance and the fact that it keeps really good time. I am going to spend a bit more on a Japanese or European built watch, when I find a reasonable deal. I would consider another Chinese built watch in the future, hopefully they will get more wrinkles out by then.
33 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 12, 2013
Nice timepiece for the price. The date function is near impossible to see but it has all the offerings as a higher end watch. The fact that Timex has discontinued the series makes it a shoe-in for my collection.

Only time will tell if it is as rugged as something bearing the Timex name should be. I will wear it as an every day watch until something else strikes my fancy.
on September 21, 2015
Just got it, and mine has the hack and the date button works, everything feels solid. Wish the bezel were more robust, but that's nitpicking.
on August 7, 2014
Watchwas great for first month or so and then stopped and won't wind....
on October 12, 2014
A good watch
on August 24, 2013
I purchased this and it seemed smaller than described...it looks like a manly watch, however when I put it on, it looked like a woman's watch on my wrist, and I have a normal athletic build.

I was very unhappy with the watch and with the fact that I had to pay for the return. I felt a little deceived. Communication with the seller was constant, however they couldn't remember my wishes, nor provide clear instructions, as I wanted an exchanged. When I sent the watch back, at MY expense, we agreed on an exchange, for another watch and was told to place a letter or "note" inside the shipment of what watch I want. I figured they would charge my card, however, when I expected a new watch as we agreed via email, I was surprised when I was told, "There was no payment in the shipment". Ummm, did you instruct me to do that...NO!!

I'd save the purchase from this seller and this watch and just move on.
on November 20, 2016
I absolutely love this watch.Like my vintage watches I took care not to over wind. The "prop" ìn front of balance wheel turns one per minute.My one keeps near perfect time with my R. C. CLOCK and citizen r.c.watch.The Bezel has a smooth click and feels quality.
I get plenty of complimentary remarks on the watch..
I haven't tried it in water as the nice exhibition back doesn't look the strongest.
Nice leather strap ..A welcomed addition to my collection.
on January 11, 2010
To answer the first comment this watch like all inexpensive automatic watches, is subject to being damaged by over winding. I have owned this watch for about 1 week and have noticed after winding the watch manually to the 30 hour mark, then wearing it for about 6 hours, the power meter went to the 40 hour mark. I then took the watch off and gave the auto winder a rest for a few hours. This action may have saved the prior commentors watch. A watch with over wind protection will cost over $600.00. All automatics including expensive ones have the following characteristics. Do not set the date between 9:00 PM and 2:00 AM. Do not expose the watch to high magnetic fields. Overall this watch is thus far performing well. The reason for not giving it four stars is that is about 50 seconds fast per day a compared to the WWV time standard.
33 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question