Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 2, 2015
Let me start of by saying that I love the Timex brand. I have owned many Timex watches in the past. I am especially a fan of the "expedition" line and currently owned a timex ironman. Timex Men's IRONMAN Watch T5K405 which I love!. That, however will be a separate review. Timex always make quality watches. And I am always satisfied with all the Timex watches I have purchased in the past. This watch however, sadly, not so much, and I ended up returning it back to Amazon only after 3 weeks of wear.

Maybe it is my mistake, and it is the way I wear it and/or my expectations are too high. But this watch is really flimsy, and not the quality that I would expect from Timex. I was very disappointed. I don't like writing bad reviews, but I thought I should warn you. And reading the one and two stars review for this, I am not the only one that have this problem.

The pros, what made me decide to purchase this this in the first place

1) This is a beautiful and sharp looking watch

-Watch face: Elegant and classic analog look that Timex is famous for. Simple and easy to read.
-Watch strap: sturdy nylon straps just like some of their rugged expedition line,

2) Easy to change straps, with one piece design. This is their main selling point.
It is nice that you can change the straps to match whatever you are wearing.The logic is, instead of owning several watches, which can get expensive, you can purchase different straps. I thought cool! I'm not that into the color-coding what I wear, but it is nice to have the option right? Also, the straps are easy to replace, it just slides under the watch face through two watchband spring bars on either side, you don't even have to take the watch apart. Which I have done when I need to replace straps for my old expeditions before. The idea is brilliant.

3) Price is affordable for a Timex.It is less than than $30. Nice!!What's not to love?

So what happened you ask?

It all comes down to one thing. IT is flimsy. More jewelry than watch.

The spring bar falls apart too easily. It snagged on my laptop bag twice as I was taking the bag off me and it just fell apart. The third time, that happened on the bus, on my way to school, I lost one of the bars. So, I had to take it off my wrist and could not fix it till I got home. Since I have an old timex, I just took one of the old spring bars, and replaced it. And you can buy backup spring bars easily on Amazon.
New Two Stainless Steel Watchband Spring Bar Pins For Watch Band 22mm I was a little annoyed, but I said to myself, that's fine, I really like the watch still and I don't want the hassle of returning stuff, I just have to be more careful wearing this.
Then, one morning I realized that the time on the watch is 45 minutes late. That was the final straw. Returned it the next day.
I know it is a $30 watch, but I still expect it to work properly, especially if it is a Timex. I could not recommend this. Buy at your own risk.
review image
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 7, 2017
This watch is beautiful, sleek, and timeless enough to be worn both casually and formally. This timepiece looks every bit as good in jeans and a hoodie as it does a button-up shirt, and the easy-to-change straps ensures that you can make it work for almost any sort of attire. Mine has the solid black nylon strap, but I'm excited to get different kinds for different clothing!

So, I want to address a criticism people have of this watch, and I want to address it pretty firmly since I now actually own the watch. There are people who claim this watch is so noisy it can be heard across the room. That is their actual statement. Across a room. There are others who say you might want to consider not wearing this watch because it may disturb the people around you. This is complete and utter nonsense. Complete nonsense. Now, does it make more noise than some watches? Most watches, even? Sure it does. Absolutely it does. You'll hear this watch if you hold it up to your face. But able to be heard from across a room? So loud it disturbs the people around you? Loud enough that it's going to break your concentration if you're sitting here? Please. Give me a break. That's hyperbole at best. This watch is not going to disturb you or anyone else unless you're wearing it as an earring. I have excellent hearing and I cannot hear it at all as I sit here in a VERY quiet room. This simply is not as loud as people claim it to be.

That said, I can't think of any real complaints. I thought for sure I'd be able to say "This watch isn't going to stand out much," but I've had two people at work point it out and ask where to get one. This is just one of those things in life that you buy and it does what it's supposed to do...and more. I'd have been happy paying what I did for this watch if it didn't light up at the push of a button. But it DOES light up (quite clearly, too.) I'd have been happy paying what I did for this watch if it didn't also have military time. But it DOES have military time. I'd have paid the price I did for this watch even if the bands weren't easily interchangeable...but they ARE. This is just a good buy for both watch collectors and people looking for a reliable, everyday watch. I'd recommend this for anyone, male or female.
on December 29, 2016
This watch is exactly what I hoped it would be. A good looking, light, and nice fitting watch that I could put on and not worry about something happening to it. I am fortunate to have a growing collection of high end watches (Montblanc, Cartier, Rolex, etc.)but a lot of times you don't want to wear them when you are going to be doing dirty work or tasks around the house or yard. That is exactly why I bought this watch. I can wear it anytime without fear or worry of something happening to it simply because of the price point.

On top of that I think the watch is extremely good looking in a minimalist way and will wear well in a casual or slightly dressed up scenario. It is also built surprisingly well. The water resistance and indigo features are useful and the slip through straps are a great feature on any watch. All in all I couldn't be happier in a $30 watch.
review imagereview image
on March 20, 2017
As a long-time Timex wearer, this watch was a great purchase. I usually always wear an ironman digital watch for the pure durability and functionality of it, but I decided to try something with a little bit more refinement to it for a more casual, slightly dressed up look in my day to day wear. The weekender is solid, looks very nice, and I like the indiglo feature on the entire watchface. It's very easily readable.

The biggest must-have for any watch for me is it has to be comfortable enough for me to wear it the entire day without noticing it on my wrist at all unless I'm looking at it. The weekender definitely achieves this as it's one of the most comfortable watches I've ever worn.

My only gripe I have is that the nylon NATO-style band that comes with the watch is of pretty flimsy quality - the edges are slightly frayed and its just a simple, flat band. I would have liked it more if the edges were at least stitched to prevent the frayed, fuzzy look and it had a little more thickness to it. That is my only gripe at all with this watch.
on February 4, 2018
So I own quite a few watches but nothing that's a simple casual watch. I gotta start off by saying that I love the look of this thing. It's simple it lights up (something my Citizen doesn't do) and it's pretty light weight. The band is very cheap feeling but at this price point no biggie.

The glaring and only one real downside is that this thing is LOUD. I mean you can hear it tick from another room if it's quiet enough loud. I do not keep this watch in my bedroom. This watch stays in a box on a counter by my front door. I didn't think anything if it because when I first got it I was spending time outside or in noisy places and I kept its in the car a lot. Then I took out with me to work and that's when I hit me.

Again the Weekender is a very handsome watch for its price I probably wouldn't buy the "leather" one (I think a fabric band is a better fit). Just keep in mind that it's pretty noisy and once you notice it it's hard to ignore.
on August 12, 2015
This watch is inexpensive but far from cheap. Substantial, accurate, and to my eyes quite beautiful. The understated yet rugged design reminds me of something from Shinola, but at a tiny fraction the cost. Bands are fun to swap in and out as suits your mood and outfit. Plus you get the Indiglo feature, which is just friggin' awesome! Keep your lumes and tritiums- I'm sticking with Indiglo.

There are usually two things people whine about with this watch. First, it's only waterproof to 30m- but really, how many watch snobs actually NEED a watch that goes to 200-300m? I'm not scuba certified and don't know anyone who is (I do, however, know several people who have Omega and Rolex diving watches that are utterly wasted on them. I blame too many Bond films and inability to form personal style). It's more than hardy enough for rain and faucets, and as for swimming- just take your damn watch off, secret agent. Do you need to tell time in the pool? But if your friend pushes you in or you need to save a drowning toddler, don't worry- your watch will survive.

Second and more common, the ticking. Yes, it's loud for a watch. I can hold it at arm's length and still hear the second hand going. And while that may annoy some, I actually LOVE it. I can't explain it, but it's comforting to having that subtle, clicking rhythm in the room. But it's unobtrusive enough to tune out if I wish.

Bottom line- I've owned a dozen or more watches over the last 10 years and this one goes at the top! Stop reading reviews and buy, buy, buy!!!
on December 11, 2017
Simple Review:
Fantastic little watch. Looks great, small, lightweight, good build quality. Great value!

Long Review:
I haven't worn watches much as an adult. Decided to "treat myself" to a cheap one to reward myself for doing well my first month of work. I don't exaggerate when I say I'm in love with this thing. It has an audible ticking that can be heard if you're trying to fall asleep or if you're alone in a house. I actually like the sound. It provides a sense of urgency. Reminds me to avoid wasting time. The watch feels great. I shower with it and work out with it. (Sometimes I take it off if I'm doing bench press.) I wasn't expecting the face to be so small. But I'm actually glad it's on the smaller side because I have thin wrists. The straps can be changed out easily. I'll probably pick up a few to go with different outfits at work. I got the one with a gray face and white numbers. Strap is gray with an orange stripe down the middle. Packaging was pretty lame and the box was a bit crushed. But the watch is in perfect condition so I don't really care. It doesn't seem to have lost any time since I got it a couple weeks ago. I'll definitely be buying more Timex products :)
on September 11, 2017
Great little watch. A bit small looking if you're a bigger guy, but it's nice. Colors are fairly neutral so it goes well with anything you're wearing.

Seems reliable so far, I haven't noticed any issues with the timekeeping. Water resistance seems to work, I wash my hands many times a day and this watch has gotten showers and still works perfectly. I wouldn't go swimming with it though, but that's just me.

It's very simple, very light, very affordable.
on October 1, 2017
Looks just like photo, the face is easy to read, and the nylon strap dries out quickly after washing hands and whatnot. I can't hear the ticking when I'm standing with my arm at my side, but do hear it when its any closer, so I knocked off a star for that annoyance (I think I have pretty typical hearing for a 41 year old?). It's also larger and heavier than I expected, which I realize is my fault because I read the description and didn't take measurements. See photo for comparison: I wear a women's size L gloves and my wrist is just about 7 inches around.
review image
on January 16, 2015
I've owned this watch for just over a year now, and it's become my favorite. It's comfortable, and the clean, minimalist styling gets compliments. The silver-toned brass case feels solid, substantial and heavier than I expected when I ordered the watch, which is nice. The functions are also honed down to essentials: The watch face/hands for keeping time, and a blue INDIGLO night-light for checking the time in the dark. It's just a beautiful, well-made watch.

You set the time by pulling out the watch crown--that little button on the side of the watch. To turn on the INDIGLO night-light, you press the crown down. The light comes on when you press the crown, and immediately turns off when you lift your finger. It's a back-lighting, so the light is actually under the watch face and evenly illuminates the entire face with a soft, blue light. It's perfect for checking the time in movie theaters or at night in bed.

The watch movement is quartz analog, so the second hand tick-tick-ticks each second. Some have complained that this ticking is loud, but I suspect that people are just so used to digital watches, or watches that quietly 'sweep,' that they're simply not used to quartz analog second hands that actually make a soft ticking sound. I like the sound, and I don't even notice it unless the watch is close to my ears.

I think if you're someone who admires quality, minimalist design, this will be a great watch for you.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.