Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Men's T2N699DH Intelligent Quartz T Series Racing Fly Back Chrono Stainless steel Case Black Strap Watch
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on January 3, 2012
I received this watch as a gift for Christmas 2011. I had it on my wishlist for several months because I was drawn to the two-tone black and tan palette, see picture I uploaded. I should say this right away, I wanted to post this review on the exact watch I purchased (color-wise) but Amazon tells me it's no long available, so I'm posting here on the black on black, because I feel like I should show my total support for this fantastic timepiece.

You know, this December I received three watches, a now-unavailable Tag Heuer, a Tsovet (SVT-FW44) and this Timex T Series. Why is that detail important? No, I'm not trying to brag about my stupid watch collection, it's important because this watch took me by the greatest surprise. It's beautiful. It's elegant and mature.

It has a butter-soft leather strap that will, admittedly--yes, to that other guy's review--likely break within a couple years, but that's okay, there are a million replacement straps on amazon for under forty bucks, so that's not a big deal. But then, neither the strap nor buckle are what makes this watch so awesome: it has this incredibly cool looking dial. It's sophisticated and I don't know how to use half the features, seeing as I don't go yachting. True story, I was at a Tag Heuer dealer about a year ago and they had a watch with the same complications, the fly-back chrono feature, the lady showed me how it worked and I was blown away at how the hands uniformly sweep and navigate the dial in unison, it's pretty sweet showing that off. That watch cost over four grand and this watch operates and looks pretty much the same. Plus, I mean, I figure if I ever really need to know how to use the fly-back feature a youtube how-to clip will be sufficient.

This watch absorbs compliments, I'm wearing it today at work in fact. It's masculine and sleek. I love the flat-black dial. Usually, when you buy a black dial watch, it's polished and glossy, like patent leather. The macho'ness of this watch increases with that slick, flat opaque sensibility. I wish the black and tan version were still available, I'd buy several as gifts, for sure. I argue the black on tan version is so much more attractive than the run of the mill black on black.

There's a complaint about the watch being too big. I don't know what that guys issue is, this watch is hardly too big. He clearly has never owned a timepiece beyond a Swatch. Not that I'm into the Nixon stadium watches, but I tend to like a 42mm size as my wrist is probably as small as the complainers; I should say I have a build kind of like Justin Long, so lean and skinny. Small watches always look wimpy on guys, feminine even. I'd say just about every man could wear this watch and not worry about it looking too ostentatious. It's gizmo'd out, but definitely understates the fact. I should say that, in fact, I was thinking it would be even greater if it were a millimeter or two bigger, just because it would be nice to spread out the numerals a bit.

My favorite features:
Sweeping second hand. On most of my luxury watches (God, I hate the word "luxury" - watches that cost over a thousand bucks) the hands do not sweep. So this is a pretty slick detail. Another great feature is the date window (my new Tsovet doesn't have that complication) the luminous hour and minute hands for night reading and that KILLER indiglo back light that I didn't realize the watch had until I accidentally triggered the feature. I was with my girlfriend at the time, driving at night, when she was all, "Holy crap, check out your watch!" I remember when I was a kid and I saw another kid who wore and bragged about his with that had the indiglo feature, I was so envious. That was in the era when indiglo back-lit technology was newly born. This is kind of dumb to admit, but it was great to finally one on such a beautifully designed, yet understated analog timepiece. The way the indiglo is activated is by simply pushing-in the crown toward the dial. The other two pushers activate and operate the fly back feature. Pulling out the crown one click allows one to change the date, two clicks changes the time, couldn't be more intuitive--BUT! and this is so cool, when you pull out the crown the watch beeps audibly to let you know you've activated the date/time change and the second hand automatically zooms back to the zero position, so you can start your watch on a solid zero seconds. So slick. None of my other 16 watches do this.

Again, I think this watch, for such a little dollar value ($165) you get way more than you pay for. If this
watch were, say, sold by Tag, Hammilton or Tissot it would easily, at a minimum, cost over $2,000 (of course you'd also be getting Swiss Movement) and this watch EASILY stands up aesthetically to my higher-end watches. In fact, I've gotten way more comments on this watch than my two other new, more pricier watches, underscoring the noble truth that money doesn't guarantee taste. FIVE SOLID STARS. Go Timex, you just made an advocate for life.

One small improvement: needs screw-down pushers and screw-down crown. I hate hate hate when the buttons don't screw down, I'm fearful of bringing this watch anywhere near water, even though it reads "water resistant 100 meters."
review image
on February 12, 2012
Love the look and feel of this watch. Keeps accurate time, although it can be a bit tricky to set the 24 hour time/second time zone. I purchased the watch a week ago, and just noticed a glaring error on the minute dial of the chronograph: The numbers run 1,3,6,8,9 instead of 1,3,5,7,9 as in the photo. I deducted one star for the poor QA. I mean, really, how can you make an error this obvious?

I'm considering returning the watch, but maybe it's a collectors item?
on June 11, 2013
I already have a Timex fly-back chronograph that I like and I thought I'd like the color scheme of this model even better. I could not have been more wrong. The hour/minute/second hands are unfinished silver, not the white that all the photos show very clearly on the web page. The unfinished silver makes the hands unreadable by just glancing at the watch. You have to completely stop whatever you're doing and focus just on the watch face to get the time. As for the second hand, forget it. It completely disappears unless the light is reflecting a specific angle. If you don't have "young" eyes you will be more than a little annoyed. Whether a deliberate (and poorly chosen) color scheme or an inadvertent mistake, it's an incompetent design. I did not expect an otherwise excellent watch to be ruined by so basic a design mistake. It just goes to show that brick and mortar stores are still the only way to go. You need to actually see the product, not some picture of it on a display screen. Live and learn.
on September 15, 2014
I can't take my eyes off this watch, and I've had it for some 6 months now! It's not too big, even for my smallish (but still manly) wrist. The face design is awesome! I love the flat glass, which has held up beautifully despite a number of knocks against rock and metal and more. Buttons work well, though the Indiglo is a little dim through the dark face. The glow-in-the-dark hands and numbers are a great touch, though charging them with a bright LED flashlight for 30 seconds only results in 10-15 minutes of readability max. Stopwatch is so cool! Dual time zones are super cool! But I still don't get the extra numbers on the inner rim.... not scaled equally and in weird increments. I see them on some very expensive watches, too, and still don't get it (Tag Heuer etc).

Awesome watch.
on November 23, 2011
I got the stainless steel version of this watch. The strap is black along with the inside face. The casing of the watch is graphite colored. The watch looks great and I've gotten lots of compliments about its looks. I like the chronograph function which I use often as a timer. The chronograph function is also easy to use. The numbers are big and readable. The strap is leather and maybe not be of the highest quality it feels. It looks great and works, but only time will tell if it will last. Overall I love this watch.

Here are a few things I don't like about it. The watch is big! I have small wrists and was used to wearing smaller watches. It took some getting used to wearing this watch. The face is about the size of a poker chip, give or take. The watch is much thicker than your normal watch. This is the biggest complaint I have about it. Depending on what dress shirt I wear, the cuff of the shirt barely fits over the watch, it's that thick. Again, I've gotten used to its size after wearing it for several weeks now. One other complaint I have is that the indiglo isn't as bright as I had hoped or am used to on my other watches. It's a big dull for my liking, but usable.

For the price, I think this is a very good watch and can recommend it. It doesn't break the bank like the others and is nice enough to wear to work or casually. If it's too big for you, you can always return it on Amazon.
on August 11, 2015
Its hard to explain, but this watch just isn't nearly as impressive in person as it appears in the pictures.

Trust me, buy a Timex weekender chronograph; you'll save money and be much happier.

I returned this watch shortly after receving it. The Indiglo feature is really useful, though.

Don't expect an impressive watch; this isn't it. It didn't seem to be very well-made, either. The second hands did not line up with the marks on the face, and occasionally the second hand would pause for 1-3 seconds before continuing.

I strongly advise against buying this watch unless you know exactly what you're going to get.
on March 29, 2014
This is a nice watch especially for the price. I've had it for a 5 months and I wear it every day, and it still looks good. Some scratches have appeared on the case but they aren't bad and the band is holding up nicely. I find that the design works for any situation casual or dress. My only critique is that the light is to dim and makes it very hard to read. however the white numbers on the black background make it easy to read in most situations anyway and I hardly ever have to use the light. 4.5 stars
on November 3, 2013
Just an overall styling watch. Design factor excellent. Features are excellent. This is one of the best design watch that I have ever see from Timex. Kuddddossss for you. Keep up with design. It will keep you in business.
on November 13, 2012
This watch is very heavy and well constructed. It was a bit too big for me so I returned it, but if you're looking for a big faced, solid watch you can't go wrong with this. Indiglo function is great, even with the dark face. Not sure about the "flyback chrono" but some might like it.
on November 17, 2011
Beautiful. Gorgeous. There is a version in tan instead of white, both on black background but I love the white-on-black. The flyback chronograph allows you to take lap times, or let the timer go all the way to the end after a few laps, whatever you want. The yellow 4th hand is easy to see. Indiglo really lets you see the time in total darkness--no guessing in the middle of the night.