Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on November 6, 2014
This is my second Timex Flyback Chronograph, the first being a T2P381, which is comfortable to wear, keeps time well, and I like the unique look, display and features. Overall, the Flyback Chronograph series "look and feel" is above its price point.
I would prefer conventional luminous markings, and the "Indiglo" feature is a bit lame, but better than no illumination at all.
The quality of the band doesn't live up to the rest of the watch.

I didn't "need" another Timex Flyback Chronograph, but the watch was visually appealing, and when Amazon put it on sale for 20% off, I couldn't keep from pressing the BUY button....

The watch I received has the correct part number (T2N931DH) on the box, however is visually different than the picture and the description (see pics attached). I suspect that Amazon used a Timex stock photo for the posting, but the Timex website does not list the T2N931DH watch, and web searches for other sites show similar pics to the one Amazon posted. :(

The Amazon description reads: "Silver-tone watch in stainless steel with gold-tone contrasts..."
The watch received is MATTE BLACK. Nice looking, but not what I expected.
The hands in the photo show distinctive yellow/gold highlights that contrast with the black face and the white hands. The yellow is actually polished gold that must be positioned exactly right in the correct light to look like the photo...

The band in the picture is a medium brown leather with a patina finish. The band on the watch is actually a very dark brown, nearly black, matte finish.

None of these are deal breakers, and I still think the watch is a good value, but the watch I ordered was not the watch I received...

Overall, the watch as advertised would be is a 4.5 star (half a star off for the band), but the borderline "bait and switch" advertising cost another star... Since 3.5 stars is not an option, I gave it four...
review image review image review image review image
on December 9, 2014
Very beautiful watch! I didn't like the case color that Amazon showed here because it's silver, but after read some reviews I realized the case is actually dark brown, almost black, and I liked that color. So I'm posting some pictures to show you the color Amazon shows in this announce for this 'DH' model is wrong.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on February 3, 2016
The watch was fine when I received it, but after 7-8 months it started losing time - first a few minutes and then hours. I replaced the battery and it only got worse. The watch runs, but loses like 7 hours in two days. Amazon returns can only be made within 30 days. Timex will not accept returns unless it is directly purchased from them and then only 30 days. I called Timex and they informed me that the warranty was one year and the only costs would be shipping and handling.

I have had a Seiko watch for nearly 15 years that keeps perfect time and requires a batter every 5 years or so. Previously I had owned many Timex watches and never had an issue before - they all worked great!

I will update this review after I receive the repaired watch back from Timex.

Update: Sent watch to Timex for warranty repair. Process took 2-3 weeks, but I received the watch back with a bill for $8 for shipping and handling. I believe they replaced the watch versus repairing it as it came with a new watchband and has worked perfectly since I received it. My faith in Timex is restored!!
on January 25, 2015
A good watch, however the colour is black rather than sliver shown in the picture, and the watch did not come with a manual and warranty card.
review image review image
on March 31, 2016
I've been wearing this watch every day for the past 204 days. I wear it at work, casual events, weddings, parties and while working out. The most surprising thing about the watch is just how scratch resistant the crystal has proven to be. One night, while at a wedding, I brushed the face of my watch against the brick exterior of a building. I wasn't able to see how much damage was done until the morning. I woke up the next morning and examined my watch but was surprised to find it unblemished. I also expected the gold controls to flake away with time but they look as pristine as they were the day I recieved this watch. I've also shot over 2,000 rounds through my pistol wearing this watch and the concussion from the muzzle hasn't fazed it at all. You will not regret this purchase.
on October 17, 2016
This is a very attractive watch and all the functions work right. I had purchased a different model Timex "Intelligent Quartz" watch and it was a dud, nothing worked. It was promptly returned. Glad I took a chance on this model. It will be one of my favorites among my many watches from several manufacturers It really does look a lot more expensive than it was. I did replace the band with a extra long brown strap and added a black deployment clasp. The watch tends to look like it's a bronze color in pictures (even mine) but it is a dull black in person. I don't have any need for the second time zone so I have the upper 24hr dial set for my EST time. This gives me a 24hr military time and it's fun to watch that dial transition from a timer (chronograph) to the 24hr readout.
Looks good, fits good and works well.
review image review image
on February 13, 2016
Beautiful wristwatch. Very classy and looks more expensive than it is. Unfortunately the piece I purchased didn't keep the correct time. It must have been the battery - probably been with the seller for a while, so I had to return it. The least I expect from a watch is for it to keep the correct time (at least at the time of purchase).
on February 16, 2015
As another reviewer mentioned, this is NOT the watch you will receive. The case is a matte *DARK* grey, not stainless as it appears. The band is also much darker than what is shown, also feels.. not cheap, but not quality either. The gold hardware is a little glitzy, but not too much to be distracting.

Performance it's a 5/5 however. The chronograph works splendid, and the movement is not loud at all, like other timex watches. I'm going ot be keeping this watch, as it does match many of the outfits I wear, just not the ones I wanted it to :|
on May 11, 2014
Was on the fence between this color way and the black and gold one. Unfortunately the latter became unavailable. Alas, this watch is a joy to wear. Its significant weight wont let you forget that you are wearing it. Out of my entire collection it is definitely my favorite time piece. There is not really much to be said about its functionality as a time piece. One only needs to look at the specs and the timex lineage to understand their expertise in the field of time keeping. If you are thinking about getting this watch you are not looking so much for functionality as much as you are looking for a gorgeous watch.
on March 31, 2014
Incredible timepiece. The dial is easy to read and the date window is clean and easily located. The watch is waterproof down to 300 feet. The unique flyback system is both accurate and fascinating to watch. The price is much lower than I would expect for a watch of this quality.